Thread: Hit 7 or 17

Hit 7 or 17

So the hit cap for heroics is only 7%? but the hit cap for raids is 17%?

Do people just keep 2 radically different sets of gear? or once you get past a certain gear level do you not worry about the amount of damage you deal in heroics and just go in with way too much?

I'm at about a 339 Ilvl, and i mind myself having way way too much hit for heroics, Once I reforged it off My damage went up by like 1k-1.5k, But if I want to raid not only to I have to undo all that, I probably need reforge the other way. Do I just keep 2 sets?

15+ Year Old Account
    if you want to epeen in heroics, or have no intent to raid anytime soon, then yes people maintain two sets of gear.
    I don't - I do adequate damage with 17% hit.

R.I.P. YARG

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll keep my 17% in heroics and still do 12-13k on boss fights. All is well.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

I don't know anyone that keeps 2 sets, unless you/they have no intentions of setting foot in any raid whatsoever. Never dip below 12k on bosses in heroics and do up to 19k, there is no reason for me to fluff my numbers higher.
    Top 100.

I keep two sets (extra dmg on raid trash too!) since it takes all of 2s to switch between them. I guess I'm lucky because most of my hit gear is derived from my healing gear so I have two sets anyway. Gotta out-dps the fail in LFD groups!

If your pulling 10K in heroics you are pulling your fair share... anything else just allows you to nit pick 6k dpsers and tell them your carrying them
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

I pretty much use the same gear for both. I do swap trinkets (I have a ton of 346 and 359 trinkets). Once you've got lots of 346 gear and your enchants set up, I think you do fine based on raw spellpower regardless of your secondary stats.

Deleted
    Don't really care about the "wasted" hit when I do heroics. I'm satisfied with 11-12k overall DPS and doing my fair share of CC with the Succy, Fear and Banish.

Deleted
    I did not reforge the epic trinket from Tol Barad, so its full of hit. When i'm in heroic i just swap it for a more suitable one.

Deleted
    I used to maintain 3 sets in wrath, 4%, 11% and 14% (non-raid, raid with +hit debuff, raid with no +hit debuff (and suppression ofc)).

I was going to have two sets in cata too, but I cannot justify spending the money on enchanting and gemming the solo set. Once prices come down, I may do.

Aside from epeen though, maintaining these sets does have another advantage, if a well itemised piece of hit gear drops and it's better than what you currently have, which doesn't have hit. Then you can equip it and swap out another slot which has hit for a piece from your offset without hit.

Meh I do not see why you would bother really I mean heroics are easy enough as they are. No need to special gear for it.. but suppose it can be hard with randoms.