Deleted

Frost mage competetion - who can perform the best DPS on a training dummy?

Who can perform the best DPS on a training dummy?

Rules:
    - If your average item level is between 360 - 370, you must have done at least 9.5 million damage.
    - If your average item level is between 350 - 360, you must have done at least 8 million damage.
    - If your average item level is between 340 - 350, you must have done at least 6.5 million damage.
    - If your average item level is between 330 - 340, you must have done at least 5 million damage.
    - If your average item level is between 0 - 330, you must have done at least 3.5 million damage.
    - You must be in a Frost spec.
    - All of your damage must have been against a "Raider's Training Dummy".
    - No flasks.
    - No elixirs.
    - No potions.
    - No food buff.
    - No Time Warp.
    - No buffs from anybody or anything, but yourself.
    - No beneficial debuffs on the dummy created from other players!

In order to participate, you must provide a screenshot that include these details:
    - Detailed Window of Recount.
    - Character pane & Character information, showing your "General, Attributes & Spell" tabs.
    - Top 3 Attacked (this is done by hovering your mouse ontop of Recount).
    - A report of Recount in /say (this is done by typing "/recount report main say" in-game).

The competetion ends:
    - 4th of February.

Winner gets:
    - A whole week with their name in every competitors signature, saying the following words (X = the name of the winner & the name of his / her realm):
    "X from X is a better Frost mage than I am on the Raider's Training Dummy!"

Don't forget to leave your character name, realm, region & your final DPS.

GOOD LUCK & HAVE FUN!

---------- Post added 2011-01-29 at 12:28 AM ----------

Character name: Qaze
    Server: Hellscream
    Region: EU
    DPS: 11647
    Last edited by mmoc3873951f6b; 2011-01-29 at 12:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    can you send me your UI? Id like to modify it a bit and use it :P

The sad fact is theres many ways to exploit this, first being using heroism (although saying you cant doesnt mean i cant blow it then wait the 10 minutes after to post) having debuffs (just waiting for them to fall off before posting) having recount show your damage, but no buffs gained.

essentially what im saying is, if you wanna be labelled the best frost mage, do some raids, and post your logs on World of Logs for more accurate standings.

Deleted
    thread shows why people hate mages. gearscore and dps are the only thing that are important to them.
    high gearscore? high dps? good mage obv

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pixul View Post
    can you send me your UI? Id like to modify it a bit and use it :P
    It's Toresh's edit of TUKUI.
    http://www.tukui.org/v2/forums/topic.php?id=3624

Quote Originally Posted by Slowz View Post
    The sad fact is theres many ways to exploit this, first being using heroism (although saying you cant doesnt mean i cant blow it then wait the 10 minutes after to post) having debuffs (just waiting for them to fall off before posting) having recount show your damage, but no buffs gained.

essentially what im saying is, if you wanna be labelled the best frost mage, do some raids, and post your logs on World of Logs for more accurate standings.
    Keep in mind that this is only for the sake of pure fun. I know that this doesn't show any real skills, but if it matters this much to some people, I'll change the winner-signature to "X from X is a better Frost mage than I am on a Raider's Training Dummy!"

If people want to cheat, fine. Those who doesn't, /respect! I have my own ways of detecting if somebody cheated or not though!

E: I added another rule - Time Warp is not allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Groom View Post
    thread shows why people hate mages. gearscore and dps are the only thing that are important to them.
    high gearscore? high dps? good mage obv
    /wave
    Last edited by mmoc3873951f6b; 2011-01-29 at 12:02 AM.

meh I was bored so I decided to try. I only use my frost spec on one fight (nefarian) so my reforging and stuff is all for fire. This was my first try at it, and I'm sure I can improve it a lot if I actually cared more .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathDefier View Post
    meh I was bored so I decided to try. I only use my frost spec on one fight (nefarian) so my reforging and stuff is all for fire. This was my first try at it, and I'm sure I can improve it a lot if I actually cared more .
    Based on the amount of frostbolts you did, I assume you cast Frostbolt during Time warp & when targets were frozen?

10+ Year Old Account
    http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/365...2911131131.jpg

Nozz - Bloodfeather EU 13800.0 DPS.

Deleted
    Valanna leads.

- Why are you guys casting that many frostbolts compared to Ice Lance? I mean... I threw Ice Lance everytime my target was frozen, if no instant FFB was available (and of course, Deep Freeze) & everytime I had FoF if no instant FFB / deep freeze was available.

That equals just as much damage as frostbolt in the very end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxiliadora View Post
    Valanna leads.

- Why are you guys casting that many frostbolts compared to Ice Lance? I mean... I threw Ice Lance everytime my target was frozen, if no instant FFB was available (and of course, Deep Freeze) & everytime I had FoF if no instant FFB / deep freeze was available.

I'll give you a clue.

Shatter.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxiliadora View Post
    Valanna leads.

Dummies can actually be rooted, so you'll need to take advantage of that in this competition.