Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scigodomega View Post
    Actually thats a good tagline. There are lots of players in WoW who are bored and looking for something new, a new game. That tagline I think directly targets those people.
    But they don't get a new game with rift. it's basically wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannie View Post
    Haters will hate..
    It's actually a decent game, I'll be playing them both.
    And to the guy slagging the rifting system, wow just wow.
    Yeah same,iv been playing the beta also and found it to be a very nice game so far.

The rift system (public quests) is made really well and have had excellent feedback from players....wouldnt surprise me if Blizzard add some sort of public quest function in the future

Quote Originally Posted by Merrena View Post
    still a wow clone with some changes (graphics, seems more community based)
    And WoW is a clone of the MMO before it, and the one before it. Just with some changes.
    Now would you idiots shut the fuck up about something being a "clone"?

Quote Originally Posted by Yizren View Post
    their pretty much askin blizzard to bring it, which is a very good thing.
    Sadly, it's only good if certain conditions are met;

1) Rift has to be good.
    2) Rift has to draw players away from WoW.
    3) WoW has to actually care that they're losing players.

Frankly, unless Rift is a good game that pulls a fair share (~1.5 - 2 million subs) from WoW, WoW won't change. Frankly, until something comes along that actually starts drawing people away from WoW, we'll continue to get the same stuff from their B staff. Their A team is off working on Titan. Blizzard knows they don't have to give us the best because there is no competition. Due to lack of competition, we keep eating the same B team content because we don't have other options.

Quote Originally Posted by Yai View Post
    But they don't get a new game with rift. it's basically wow.
    And WoW is basically Runescape or any of the other MMOs that were out before it. There are only minor differences.
    Last edited by Thetruth1400; 2011-01-29 at 12:35 AM.

Oh yeah, RIFT is NOTHING like WoW, that's why I turned off the tutorials without reading them and had no issue playing the game, using talents, questing, combat, anything at all. NOTHING like WoW. *Sagenod*
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia
    Has anything pushed you to the edge of quitting WoW?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boreall
    Long Distance relationships and Justin Bieber

You're not in Kansas anymore...

You are on Pandora

10+ Year Old Account
    Rift is actually very fun and very character customizable. I really don't see how it's a WoW rip-off. It took some aspects from WoW that made it successful. It also took aspects from many other MMOs that made THEM successful. WoW isn't original either. Those that really believe it's a WoW clone can go diaf and I feel sorry for them because every MMO will be like WoW to them from here on out. WoW is successful, and why fix certain systems that ain't broke?

There are like over 300 class/spec combinations and you can automatically have two roles (like dual speccing I guess, but not). The soul system is very different to anything in WoW. Rifts and public quests break up solo questing and provide great rewards and lots of experience. I love it when cities get invaded by rifts and we all might get our asses kicked and we have to regroup and focus dps things down with a said tank and MT healer. It's like being in a public dungeon. I've gotten to level 21 and I'm enjoying the game immensely. It's different, but it's still comfortable in combat style and the collections of pets and mounts, etc is good for a collector like me. The graphics are beautiful and realistic. It's still in Beta so some animations still need tweaking, but overall it's very well polished. The instances are fun as well. PvP is also very rewarding and very enjoyable. I like that it's a huge rapefest while stilling applying old capture the flag tactics like WoW has. Probably the only thing I complain about is that questing is actually hard and I might die a lot depending on where I'm at. When you get to a semi higher level you really have to be careful. You can't faceroll through everything like in WoW.

I wouldn't say quit WoW, but if you are looking for something different, I would say try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Doom Walker View Post
    Not really, look all the people it gets talking about it.
    So people wouldnt be talking about the game unless they mention azeroth in an ad....makes no sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Generalfrisk View Post
    Oh yeah, RIFT is NOTHING like WoW, that's why I turned off the tutorials without reading them and had no issue playing the game, using talents, questing, combat, anything at all. NOTHING like WoW. *Sagenod*
    If you actually are knowledgeable about the souls and how they work later on in game when you have 6 of them without having to read up on anything, you are full of crap and/or you haven't leveled high enough. The basics of the game won't be difficult, DUH, they want people to play it with a bit of ease. But certain aspects of it require you to actually do some research.

I think some people don't realize it's probably possibly a Wizard of Oz reference...? Lol...The point behind saying is that you don't have to, it's obvious. When Dorothy said "I don't think we're in Kansas anymore", she was talking to her dog. Basically, Rift and it's campaign/developers just called all of us dogs named Toto...are you gonna take that?! >:O

Quote Originally Posted by Destrozo View Post
    So people wouldnt be talking about the game unless they mention azeroth in an ad....makes no sense.
    People were talking about it before this ad and without mentioning it, you make no sense.

Really, its more of a WAR clone than a WoW clone.
    For relaxing times, make it Suntory time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Facerockker View Post
    HOLY SHIT! I HAVE A GREAT IDEA FOR A RIFT AD!

It starts off with an angle of this guy dancing. Then another angle of the same guy. And then another.

And then the words pop up on the screen: 'Hey Blizzard, at least we have a dance studio. ;)'
    this

The message you have entered is too short

Post constructively. -3clipse
    Last edited by 3clipse; 2011-01-30 at 12:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destrozo View Post
    It's not just people, its the target audience. Successful, IMO.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Facerockker View Post
    HOLY SHIT! I HAVE A GREAT IDEA FOR A RIFT AD!

It starts off with an angle of this guy dancing. Then another angle of the same guy. And then another.

And then the words pop up on the screen: 'Hey Blizzard, at least we have a dance studio. ;)'
    "Yo Blizz, this is how a true wizard dances"
    Hi

What truly boggles me is the WoW fanboys immediately trashing this game, and pretty much any WoW-competitor, without actually playing it.

I'm a big Blizzard fanboy myself, but I admit that they can screw up, take shortcuts, and nothing they create is perfect. I also welcome competition. If another company can put out a good game that gets a good following... what's wrong with that? Why does that immediately draw the ire of some people?

Quote Originally Posted by Doom Walker View Post
    Not really, look all the people it gets talking about it.
    You can talk about the game till the cows come home. It doesn't mean that the sells will be increased.

Quote Originally Posted by istheshiz View Post

They have "Rifts" that open randomly around the world that you have to close...As well as being able to spec in THREE DIFFERENT TALENT TREES AT ONCE! :O

Yeah...I bid them good luck in balancing that.

They also boast tanking priests and rogues.
    Actually the whole 'balancing' thing in WoW got old, if you want to have more than 1 class you'll never have them all balanced to the exact same level of power and the sooner a company understands that the better. The funnest part of a game is taking things and trying to make them work, WoW killed hybrid specs and any creativity or freedom players had in choosing how they wanted to play a class.

Rift feels new in the fact that it gives you near endless ways to customize your play style and doesn't tell you how to play your character. I've been loving it while playing the beta.

*Also yes they have the Carlton Banks dance for the humans, all the dances they have so far are pretty good.
    Last edited by Mstermeg; 2011-01-29 at 12:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yizren View Post

there were 13mil SUBSCRIPTIONS in WOTLK (including inactive and active), this also doesn't account for those with multiple accounts
    there,fixed that for you since you brought a dagger to a gun party.

I plan on buying RIFT. The beta is great! Cata cant and wont last forever and i refuse to play thru cata content as long as LK content. so March seems like the perfect release date.