Am i concentrating too much on cc in arenas?

i'm sitting at about 1550 rating, and my partner is a fury warrior (not the best combo i know, but still pretty fun). anyway, its constantly putting us up against 1700 rated teams. i'm not complaining it shouldnt be doing this, and i know if we plan to get a high rating we need to learn to beat those kinds of teams. so we usually try keeping the healer constantly locked out in polys while the warrior beats on the dps, but often the dps will have enough defensive cooldowns to survive the healers poly'd period and sometimes even the RoF then counterspell i use afterward, or they will stick to me like glue no matter how many blinks, ice blocks or freezes i try to use, making it impossible to get a poly off in the first place

15+ Year Old Account
    Switch it up. Pick up Glyph of Polymorph and just hard switch to the healer when Poly is on DR.
    BfA Beta Time

yeah i usually use glyph of poly. so switch targets whenever someone is on drs? i'll give that a go, thanks swiz

dude don't even regular switch, HARD SWITCH

Quote Originally Posted by Brandoh View Post
    dude don't even regular switch, HARD SWITCH
    lol by that i assume you mean save cooldowns for that switch?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barburos View Post
    lol by that i assume you mean save cooldowns for that switch?
    Hard switch usually refers to every DPS on a team switching to train one person on a dime.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Hard switch usually refers to every DPS on a team switching to train one person on a dime.
    Yup, as opposed to simply switching to someone instantly

oh sorry, not used to the term. thought that was kind of a given if you are swapping poly targets. we never hit seperate targets unless we screwed up communication of the strat. oh well i'll try that. i was watching some vids and noticed they never use a poly unless RoF, CS or DF are already on the target, so i use instant cast ccs before poly?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahren Kaa View Post
    Yup, as opposed to simply switching to someone instantly
    It's all the same thing really, I just like hard switch because it sounds more intimidating on forums.

---------- Post added 2011-01-29 at 02:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Barburos View Post
    oh sorry, not used to the term. thought that was kind of a given if you are swapping poly targets. we never hit seperate targets unless we screwed up communication of the strat. oh well i'll try that. i was watching some vids and noticed they never use a poly unless RoF, CS or DF are already on the target, so i use instant cast ccs before poly?
    You want trash debuffs on a target to make dispelling Polymorph harder. Those can include Deep Freeze, Frost Nova, Cone of Cold, Frostbolt, Imp Cone of Cold, Ring of Frost, etc.
    BfA Beta Time

ah so they are more about trash debuffs rather than just an instant cc to allow the time to cast poly. i suppose hard switching to a healer will leave plenty of debuffs on the target