• tested it on the beta, like it

157 53.95%
  • tested it on the beta, hate it

44 15.12%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It sounded promising to me. Customizable character; build the class you want to play.

Then I got into the beta, and realized there are four classes. There is even less crossover between them than in WoW.
    Wait... what?

In Wow you have a few points in the other already-selected-for-you-trees to spend after 31 in your chosen tree. How does having 4 Callings and 7-8 subclasses for each Calling make less crossover? What.

Let's take a warrior. You can choose three subclasses to specialize into, you decide how much in each tree, to an extent.
    I don't see how this will make less options.

By the way, if you go into a new game numbercrushing and -tearing will you ever find something better than WoW?

The answer is no. You will not, because when you started WoW, you most likely did not have the amount of experience with MMO's that you have post-WoW if any.

Care to elaborate on the 'restrictions' you find 'too many'?

I don't know about you, but I play to have fun, maybe you should reconsider your reasoning behind why you play.

Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateThunderz View Post
    - I didn't call anyone a name.
    - As I said, you're being narrow minded and negative. Just stop.
    - No point in arguing so I'm done.

Anyway, what Nukeleo and Xodiac said are pretty much right on the spot in my opinion.
    Reads as : You don't have an argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Orthodoxy View Post
    Reads as : You don't have an argument.
    Reads as: Nor do you, troll. <3
    When life gives you lemons, throw them back and say, "WTF life?"

Not enough poll options.

Tested it on beta, dont hate it but dont really like it to the the point of pre ordering or even considering actually playing it yet.

It has some potential but my experiences on beta were pretty much a sameness to everything after the first 10 levels nothing new in terms of quests etc, just higher level mobs and higher level rifts.

The rifts themselves in all honesty became more a frustration after the first 10 times.

There are basically 4-5 rifts open in a zone at any given point, some get quite difficult so unless you have a dedicated group that can close them all fast enough it just stops you from questing/levelling and more often than not another rift opens before you close the last ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're missing the middling options on your poll, like tested it and unimpressed. Which is what I am. The leveling system is kind of neat, especially how you get new skills based on how many points you put in each tree. Oh, and the way you choose your archetype and then specialize therein by picking 3 of 8 souls is cool as well. The graphics are better than WoW.. but everything else is the same or worse. For example, the character animations are pretty sad. Combat is a lackluster WoW clone, so is the UI (and yes, I am aware that many games did these things like this before WoW). The damned default keybinds for everything are even the same. Convenient, but kind of pathetic. And to top it all off, the story is boring. World destroying dragon tearing the world asunder, where have I heard that before? Oh, right, in Cataclysm. And about half of all fantasy tales with dragons in them.

So, overall, I'm unimpressed. If they had truly innovated on more than the class and talent system I might give it a go past beta. Definitely not enough there yet to make me give up WoW. As it is, I have a VIP key and will fiddle with it in each beta round to see if it gets better, but I hold out little hope.

why did this thread get moved? all the other rift threads didnt. >_>

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorick View Post
    World destroying dragon tearing the world asunder, where have I heard that before? Oh, right, in Cataclysm.
    Huh ... did you even pay attention to the storyline or pay attention during the cinematics.

It may not have any mindblowing story, but its a whole lot more involved than a world destroying dragon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateThunderz View Post
    Many WoW players are too much of narrow-minded fanboys to try anything that isn't WoW or made by Blizzard, but I tested it on beta and its pretty great so far. WoW is just getting stale for me and if this game doesn't work out I'll just have to wait for SW:TOR
    agreed. although some of the things that arnt "this is wow" and "YOU WILL COME BACK" do have some valid points that im sure they will see to fixing it. and it is in BETA so balancing and rifts can still be tuned
    Last edited by brob; 2011-01-29 at 07:39 AM.

Played to 22, had a good time overall, will be pre-ordering the game this week.

Rift and town invasions keep things fun, as does the talent system.

I've come to realize the flaw in the character making section... I'm always sitting there wondering why my arms are so god damn big and why my whole body is not proportional. I'ts because all the characters HEADS ARE TOO SMALL!!!! It's kind of weird looking.. Hope they fix it.

beta testing and love it. 3 talent trees is the shit if u guys have gotten feedback thats its not. graphics are good if uve heard theyre not. quests are fun if uve heard theyre not. the game is great, ppl just HAVE to compare it to wow, and the wow fanbois do nothing but hate on rift. Get wow out of ur fuckin heads and open ur MIND! its a D-I-F-F-E-R-E-N-T GAME... its not trying to copy wow. of course its gonna look like it. doesnt the placement of all the interior car parts looks the same on most if not all cars? at least theres a general location. Just cause rift looks like wow and all the other mmos out there doesnt mean its bad or trying to be a wow. its a completely diff game and it feels like it too. questing is better IMO. Try it with a beginners mind and trust me most of u will like it
    "Grammar is important. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse & helping your uncle jack off a horse."

3 talent tress uhh - never seen those before.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakto View Post
    3 talent tress uhh - never seen those before.
    1 talent tree is like 1 class in WoW tho.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    1 talent tree is like 1 class in WoW tho.
    yea if that class didn't have the talents that formed the core of what it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    tried the last beta event, liked it a lot, they still have some work on some animations, but the gameplay was fine imo.

I liked the rifts and invasion events, the quests were ok, nothing ground-breaking, but the questing was better than most MMO's I've played.

I haven't done any dungeons or warfronts but I heard they were interesting.

What surprised me with rift is that, even in beta stages, nothing really bothered me, I encountered no game-breaking bugs, no lag, only 1 d/c (start of the beta event when the servers were under severe pressure, later on, they opened new servers iirc, but don't shoot me if I'm wrong )

WoW-killer? no
    WoW-clone? to a certain degree, it takes good stuff from different MMO's like WoW, warhammer, etc. This is good. There are lots of references to WoW (there's a quest where you get a polymorph rod that turns people into a sheep.)

play-worthy? imo, yes. I'm pre-ordering it, and giving it a go. I've had my share of alt-levelling while waiting for raid time, so might as well play another game instead of fllying circles in SW. I'll keep my wow subscription up though at least till GW2 or D3 releases

It just a compilation of good ideas that other MMOs have done better. Nothing new, but it would be great is Blizz added the invasions into WoW at some point, would be great with the next expansion when we have to fight the Burning Legion again.

The main things it steals from MMO's is the Player Quest system from Warhammer, and the Besieged system (invasions) from Final Fantasy XI.
    FFXI does those invasions so much better.

First I bashed rift before I tried it, and after that I cant really see how it is a WoW clone. Even though I am a WoW fanboy, I must admit I enjoyed it a lot. All the subclasses you can choose, makes you really unique.

An example there is 4 class, warrior, rogue, cleric and mage. Each thouse have 7-8 subclasses (which is kinda like specs) and a mage have a spec for healing, and healer have a spec for tanking, which is really nice in my opinion.

Most people which are bashing it are probably WoW players which have never tried it.

10+ Year Old Account
    its basically wow with bad graphics but a greatly improved talent system. not a wow killer tho

----------------------------------------
    you are now consciously breathing
    ----------------------------------------

Deleted
    Having more than 3 main spells is win. I think Rift will be a placeholder for the ex-GW audience who don't get enough from WoW until GW2 arrives back in our lives.

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked it untill i had defeated like 50 odd rifts....