Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What are your views on Attunements?

I mean, Molten core had an attunement. That was to actually physically run BRD to get the lava core and get back and get your attunement.
    BWL you got a mail letter from the quartermaster and killed someone.
    Naxx40 was a collection of quests..

Why dont we bring something like this back? I mean its not a bad idea to throw some lore into actually doing the quest lines to get attuned to a place.
    With 10people just doing an attunement .. and not having to wait for 30 other people to do it and make sure it is not faulty then why not?

Discuss
    Originally Posted by rëtribution
    hey, look at me. I'm needlessly escalatory and waving my newfound retribution paladin prowess around at people as if it means anything. Pay attention to me, i got achievements on the tail end of an expansion, clearly i'm better than you.

Deleted
    Would be cool if they had guild wide attunement. As in your guild gets attuned as a combined effort (so when you run alts later on it isn't a hindrance)

Quote Originally Posted by Athrai View Post
    I mean, Molten core had an attunement. That was to actually physically run BRD to get the lava core and get back and get your attunement.
    BWL you got a mail letter from the quartermaster and killed someone.
    Naxx40 was a collection of quests..

Why dont we bring something like this back? I mean its not a bad idea to throw some lore into actually doing the quest lines to get attuned to a place.
    With 10people just doing an attunement .. and not having to wait for 30 other people to do it and make sure it is not faulty then why not?

Discuss
    I sure hope your joking. Attunements served no other purpose other than to annoy players by wasting their time. They were removed cause they were an artificial barrier on content that prevented the general player base from experiencing content. The fact that only 1-5% of the players in vanilla actually saw Naxx40 is proof of that.

If you want lore well there's plenty of ways to get that without having to have a silly attunement quest.

Plus I don't want to think about attuning all of my characters for content that I already know they can or cannot do. >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Naxx attunement took forever. ._.
    Do not want.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakic View Post
    Would be cool if they had guild wide attunement. As in your guild gets attuned as a combined effort (so when you run alts later on it isn't a hindrance)
    I like that idea. The only problem is for those who pug and what not

naxx atunement took forever and that's what it so much more worth it. striding in to a raid zone without any prior build up or work is very unrewarding and unenjoyable.
    Sargeras, The Destroyer of Worlds

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    The attunements in 'Vanilla' were wonderful !
    They kept lazy people out of the instances where your next upgrades were to come from.
    If you were too lazy, or just plain incompetent, You were unable to get in, and for me, that's the way it should be.
    Good gear should require effort, and said effort should be rewarded.
    The "gimme it now!" attitude has become way too prevalent in today's game. I, for one, would welcome the return of difficult attunements, to
    'weed out' the slackers.
    Remember: Ignorance can be corrected with a little instruction.
    But, Stupid is forever.

Me not seeing naxx40 in vanilla was not due to any attunement-thingy.

A problem without attuning in wotlk was you could get a person in your raid whom had absolutely no idea what bossmechanics was at all. Not even completed a 5man. Gs addon and achivments "fixed" that.

Was on Outland-EU the first weeks in wotlk, and trying to raid naxx was impossible due to lag. The first week it was ok, but as more people turned 80 and wanted a go, instance-servers coluldn't cope with it. Everyone annoyed and "remember the good times with kara-attunements?" "This wouldn't be an issue if they had implemented attuning to raids!"

Would probably be annoyed if it was reinstated. Probably wouldnt take long to get attuned anyways. Just spoke with a guildie about it, and we both wanted it back... ...for the nostalgic aspect of it

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean .. AQ40 opening gates wasnt really an attunement. But people who actually opened the gate and did that questline got there nice achievement. I mean for an attunement.. Have some reward + raid instance.
    Originally Posted by rëtribution
    hey, look at me. I'm needlessly escalatory and waving my newfound retribution paladin prowess around at people as if it means anything. Pay attention to me, i got achievements on the tail end of an expansion, clearly i'm better than you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakkomakko View Post
    A problem without attuning in wotlk was you could get a person in your raid whom had absolutely no idea what bossmechanics was at all.
    Why were they even in your raid in the first place?

Now with the whole guild achievements and shit in the game, bring back attunements and make them guild wide. The problem with attunements was that 1. You had to redo them on all your alts 2. Recruiting great players lacking the attunement was a problem. Making it a guild achievement removes these problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Attunements are easily a love hate relationship. Love it because it generally kept bads from your raids. Hate it because of alts and some people new(er) to the game being behind the curve.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Something like guild wide, BoA (bought from guild with rep or something, idk), or a very simple quest, like how MC/BWL were. Then remove them when the next teir comes along. Not really an annoyance, but more of a "if you can do this, you can do this" or to acquaint people with the dungeon..lore, idk, as long as it doesn't have 45 steps and take more than an hour to do.

I have Hand of A'dal and Champion of Naaruu on some character far before nerf, did the naxx one too, and I don't want to go through anything like that again.

I enjoyed the epic attunment quest lines from vanilla and burning crusade. Especially the AQ event, although it wasn't a "attunment" it was great to have your entire server working together towards a common goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakic View Post
    This is an awesome idea, it will just have to be a little bit longer and harder.

Personally I think a guild attunement would be the best option. Having to clear Nefarian, Al'akir, and Cho'Gal (even just on normal) before the guild can enter t12 content. It would kill PUG raids but blizzard is trying to get people to join guilds more this expansion.

I'd love to see guild-wide attunements, preferably to unlock heroic modes (so people can still PuG normals).

Deleted
    Didnt play vanilla, or rather didnt raid in vanilla. But loved them in BC, sure it sucked to run new members trough SSC and TK to get them to progress with us in BT. But as said before make them guildwide and so.

Who didnt love Kara attunement, wiping on the third boss in Shadowlabs for hours cause tank didnt understand how to tank the boss so dps would have time to kill the adds. Or TK attunement, that was fucking hard.

Ah nostalgia rocks!

Technically attunements still exist in a way. You need someone to have cleared Nef/Al'akir/Cho before you canput hardmodes on in the three dungeons. This is much better than the classic attunements since you don't have to go and do other, now redundant, raids in order to get into the current content. You also only need one person to have it i.e. it solves the problem where everybody is saying it should be 'guild wide'.

Deleted
    I'd Love to Have attunments back, I actually really even enjoyed them.

But Why Not Just Make the End Quest a BoA Item for Alts that You can enter the dungeon with, Like a key or amulet, This will help the People not wanting to get attuned only need to do the quests once.