Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    "Rare fishing poles now have a chance to be found in the Bag of Fishing Treasures earned via the Stormwind and Orgrimmar Fishing daily quests."

Does anyone know if there will be new Fishing Poles or if it will be the same old Jeweled Fishing Pole?

So paragon stacked feral druids how many did they use exactly? my guild has 5 feral druids and we dont stack them for the sake of getting WF but thats just how our raid makeup ended up all 5 are really good and we dont sit people for class balanced we just bring the people who show up and do the right stuff. would you guys think we are cheating also even tho we havent gotten to nef yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Kekbur View Post
    Am I the only one who find this quote sorta, I dont know, disturbing and sad ? That someone deliberately sacrifices his social and family life just to be the best in a friggin computer game, then blames it on developer ? Thats gaming addiction right here.
    Alot of you making comments like this, I think don't realize that these top guilds are paid (sponsored) to raid... And from rumors I've heard they get decent bonuses from getting world firsts... Dunno, if I were being paid to be top in the world I would definitely be dedicating some time to it :P

Attacking forces will receive a 200% capture speed bonus when they control 2 keeps.
    The problem is taking a 3rd keep on attack is almost impossible even with this 200% capture bonus it wont change things and the problems will continue to persist, if alliance / horde camp entirely in a single keep they could hold it off for the duration of the battle and if all alliance / horde attack it they are vunerable to losing bases.

I honestly cannot see this making a difference at all tbh.

Deleted
    Maybe Method didn't have 40 druid alts.. Maybe they would class stack too if they had the druids. But anyway doing it the right way (talking about righteousness), even if there are blizzard's faults which you can exploit without being "illegal", to me is the winner. I mean, if Paragon's life became 50% easier for stacking druids, Method were clearly better on that. And everyone has the right to say their opinion and they can qq about paying a company that gives us buggy product. Calm down people. Both Paragon's fanbois and Paragon's haters look so ridiculous when blaming and accusing other guilds or Paragon on forums.. Let everyone do whatever they want and whatever they can.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamslam View Post
    This is what I'm wondering to. I know the bar moves a tad if you have an advantage number wise, but if we (as attackers) had 2/3 and zerged the 3rd keep with somewhat even numbers compared to the defenders there, would we actually gaining control?
    The purpose of the attacker change is obvious. The purpose of the defender ´buff´is a little more subtle... what they are hoping is that it will urge defenders to spread out and actually try to defend all three keeps. If you are actually defending that third keep (and hold the other 2) you will have a strong buff, so even if you are outnumbered, you can still keep the bar from moving.

Their goal with TB is to have 3 keeps all under constant pressure. Not the current ´chase your tail´thing that we have now where nobdoy really fights or defends anything.

It´s been 3 weeks straight on my server that one side has held TB.

Quote Originally Posted by Swagger View Post
    I'm normally not one to respond to PvE stuff like this... but Method, ya sound like a bunch of douches.

Notice how Paragon doesn't mention other guilds in their statement, but Method spends their statement throwing out excuses on why they weren't the World 1st, you sound pathetic.

Paragon did what they needed to do to be the World 1st, and Method had all the same opportunities to do so themselves, but they didn't, because apparently they all have such BUSY lives raiding 40+ hours a week.

And you know they thought they were HILARIOUS when they decided to use potions to all be druids, I bet they had a huge laugh about that one, man you showed them. Maybe if Method was a little more willing to do whatever was needed to kill a boss, they could have some World 1st kills also.

Absolutely pathetic. Whenever you need to bash someone else to attempt to make yourself look better, you're truly a loser. And for the race to World 1st, Method, you truly are losers.
    Paragon - "Al'Akir was a rather merciless boss overall. The difference on this particular boss is absolutely massive in 10-man compared to 25s due to the area scaling", sounds like a "if we had done it in 10 man we'd have been world first bash to me".

Incomplete encounters (sinestra), or buggish (rip), blizzards fault or not, can't be world firsts until fixed, and complet imo.

Gratz to both anyway, still impressive

Quote Originally Posted by Oriac98 View Post
    Alot of you making comments like this, I think don't realize that these top guilds are paid (sponsored) to raid... And from rumors I've heard they get decent bonuses from getting world firsts... Dunno, if I were being paid to be top in the world I would definitely be dedicating some time to it :P
    Yeah, because getting a mouse or something is worth not spending Christmas with your family.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakkí View Post
    Went back, saw the statement. Here is the part of it that references FTH:

Anyone else than me having significant difficulty finding any crying or complaining in that statement? I mean, really, come on. A congratulation and a straight-up admittal of disdain over failure to get there first. :|
    It wasn´t a compliment, it was an excuse ´oh darn.. well they got it because we took a few days off´. At no point do they say, we tried our best, but they beat us. It is like someone beating you in a duel, and then saying ´oh, i was afk, but congrats on your win´.

---------- Post added 2011-01-29 at 06:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    ... What?

What's the point of that when you already got all 3 keeps... ?

Or am I missing something... ?
    They are trying to encourage the defenders to spread out and defend all three keeps. If you control all three keeps and have 15 people at all 3, then the attackers will have to bring 30 people to one of your keeps in order to even move the bar.

15+ Year Old Account
    auction houses in shatt and dala will make me happy seeing how i am leveling my pally in the wrath content now

Congrats Method on the TRUE WORLD FIRST kill!

Last expansion all of the top guilds complained about gating, now they are complaining about no gating. Blizzard can just never get anything right I guess.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodwine77 View Post
    It looks like Blizzard is on to me. I liked to enter Tol Barad at around 16-17 minutes before battle and then get gated in to Tol Barad at the 15 minute mark and then ride around and collect all that wonderful ore. There were usually only 1 or 2 others that did the same, so the competition was minimal.

I heard that herbs are really plentiful as well.

Shame that I have to go back to circling Uldum for ore like all the other sad miners. I haven't found a good enough route to make Twilight worthwhile.

---------- Post added 2011-01-29 at 09:58 AM ----------

I do wish that there was a major hub city on each continent. Let's say Org/UC for Horde and SW/Darnassus for Alliance (I know IF is better than Darnassus, but IF and SW aren't that far apart).

Yeah I've been rumbled to, was nice while it lasted to gather whiptail with no crocs buggin me

What they have done is turn Orgrimmar and Stormwind in to the new Dalaran. Some people are experiencing major lag issues in those cities. I do appreciate that they've added secondary hearth spots in each city, though, as it helps a little bit when logging in.
    Yeah I've been rumbled to, was nice while it lasted to gather whiptail with no crocs buggin me

Quote Originally Posted by CynicalOtaku View Post
    This means I have more incentive to go play with myself farming in uldum than to go onto the LFD system or run dungeons with guildies. In wrath a solid day's heroic farming at least gave me orbs to craft gear with and gems to sell or socket upgrades with. Currently in cata I have very little incentive to spend 30-90 minutes tanking dungeons for guildies. I don't even need valor gear...I've purchased every meaningful piece from the valor vendor and all that remains for me is to buy boots and sell them...and they're already underpriced due to players who put quick cash over getting themselves upgrades. The orb is nice...but 90% of my orbs go to my guildies and I still can't keep the tailors from rolling on them
    Justice points are not meant to be a means of farming gold.

How many time does Blizzard need to explicitly state this before people are able to comprehend it. Yes, you don't like it. But too bad, because they didn't want you doing it. Move on with life, thanks.
    "Our logic is actually pretty simple. If hybrid classes can do the same dps as pure classes, then why have pure classes in the game? So we design the pure classes to do slightly higher dps." -Ghostcrawler 3/22/2009
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=15864857264&pageNo=4&sid=1#66

Quote Originally Posted by NonMagical View Post
    How many time does Blizzard need to explicitly state this before people are able to comprehend it. Yes, you don't like it. But too bad, because they didn't want you doing it. Move on with life, thanks.
    I'm not talking about farming gold. I'm talking about maintaining a reasonable incentive to grind this content, content that is otherwise irrelevant to me after cata has been out for two months...and I'm not even a fast burner. There's a difference between "inefficient" and "obscene".

As I said...the original rate of "jp" to gold came to roughly 8-10 jp per gold. That's already been inflated in cata to 1.5x-2x the amount, taking 15.5 jp per gold in 4.03 selling BC gems (the best option assuming you're not a jewelcrafter). When 4.06 goes live we're looking at 20 jp or more to equal one gold.

Firstly, 400g for 4000jp isn't a means of farming gold. But it's certainly more comfortable than the options available now. The system worked for the last two content patches of wrath...why does it suddenly not work now? In wrath when you were done getting gear you could buy rep items or gems that were not easy to get otherwise (because they were available from only three sources: JP, Honor, or prospecting titanium).

Quote Originally Posted by Zagnaphein View Post
    It's so sad when world ranking guild's qq...So sad...

Actually I think its pretty sad that people take these things so seriously. I guess I simply never understood why people got woodies for world firsts/ realm firsts whatever. I dont base my performance or fun in the game on what other people accomplish or fail to accomplish in the game.

As for Tol Barad. Finally. I hope this will fix the problems with the battleground and the defenders having such a huge advantage. I think holding the keep now will be much much harder, and hopefully it sees a frequent changing of hands.

Originally Posted by CynicalOtaku
    "This means I have more incentive to go play with myself farming in uldum than to go onto the LFD system or run dungeons with guildies. In wrath a solid day's heroic farming at least gave me orbs to craft gear with and gems to sell or socket upgrades with. Currently in cata I have very little incentive to spend 30-90 minutes tanking dungeons for guildies. I don't even need valor gear...I've purchased every meaningful piece from the valor vendor and all that remains for me is to buy boots and sell them...and they're already underpriced due to players who put quick cash over getting themselves upgrades. The orb is nice...but 90% of my orbs go to my guildies and I still can't keep the tailors from rolling on them"

I think what he's saying is a fairly valid point. If you dont give those people who have NO NEED to go in to do heroics, then queue times will stay just as high as ever.

All in all though, Blizz has addressed some of the more pressing problems with Caty in this patch. Here's hoping they continue looking at other problems and actually come up with a fix.

Method is the first guild in the world to down Nef HM after rip"clever-use-of-game-mechanics"fix. I think they earned the right to make a case for themselves. I love how people are bashing them over that, i guess it gives them an occasion to feel better than them Noone is arguing over the case Method is making. If they did had bugs thats Paragon hadn't, because they were more closely watched by GM's during raid progress, what can they do? It does not feel right, and i understand them. Same thing for Paragon, Al'akir 25HM is REALLY much harder than 10, so what's wrong with them stating a well-known fact? Does it diminish the accomplishment of Dream? Certainly not, but using that to call them bad, because they are doing 25-man only and didn't got a world first that matters, while they technically did get one is just funny.

Quote Originally Posted by NonMagical View Post

The problem is if you start removing incentive for seasoned PvE veterans to run heroics, then others suffer in LFD.

My two 85s have bought everything with JP already. I almost have the heroic achievement drakes, and I consider myself somewhat casual. The more hardcore already have some valor gear.

If you remove enough incentive to run heroics, then those people will quit doing heroics, and then the queue times will never get better or maybe even get worse.

I don't see a problem with heroics being a source of gold. The daily random gives you 83g and they usually take an hour or longer. You get more gold than that doing a hours worth of dailies. Both activities require some attention and effort. It is not as if people are making gold hand-over-fist doing heroics.

I'm not upset with the change to classic gem prices, but I do find it funny that people whine, "These new JP dumps suck compared to older rewards" and then Blizzard says, "fine! we'll just make the older rewards worse then!"

Quote Originally Posted by Schockadin View Post
    ICC was gated. In the first couple of weeks (four weeks iirc due to xmas etc) there were only the first four bosses til Saurfang, then the seperate wings where openend one after another, first putricide-wing, then bloodqueen and at the end sindy and lk.
    Ah thats right, I remember now. I feel silly. Still, whining about too much content feels goofy to me.

I still don't get why ppl are using their excess JP to buy gems to vendor?! Even if you're buying them to cut you could get far more gold per JP if you bought the ilvl 213 epic BoE bracers from the old valor point vendor in Dalaran. Each bracer costs about 350 points and could probably sell for 300-700g depending on your server, hell maybe even more. People as a whole have more gold now then ever before and when I bought 3 of those bracers the other day to get rid of some JP I just stuck them on the AH for 500g each to see if there was any interest and all 3 sold within the day.

500g (on average) for 350 JP vs maybe 30g for 220 JP. Even when they bring in the new cata mat vendor, it would still be a better idea to buy those bracers, sell them, and use the money to buy whatever cata mat you want.