Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Covane View Post
    This might have been clever if you had remembered that an Asian guild picked up the world first on Heroic Al'Akir
    No actually, the Asian guild got a mere 10 man first kill. Whereas its about 25 Man.

Do your homework before you start correcting people.
    http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/1...p10records.png
    Signature too large, resize please.

Quote Originally Posted by Calendra12345 View Post
    No actually, the Asian guild got a mere 10 man first kill. Whereas its about 25 Man.

Cause that kill counts as mere... Oh, wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    oh wow n paragon got some shit for having 11 druids......this takes it to a whole new level of class stacking

Stood in the Fire NefariousNinja's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilmir View Post
    "Rare fishing poles now have a chance to be found in the Bag of Fishing Treasures earned via the Stormwind and Orgrimmar Fishing daily quests."

Does anyone know if there will be new Fishing Poles or if it will be the same old Jeweled Fishing Pole?
    So far it seems it will most likely be the Jeweled one and the Undead pole (both from WotLK)

10+ Year Old Account
    People saying that Method is whining about not having gated content when they could have just taken breaks between raids, thing is, that doesn't work.

They HAVE to race to world first to keep their job, as most of them make a living off of raiding since they do it 40+ hours a week, if they take breaks like that that is like quitting your job, even worse. If top end guilds stop getting world first/second kills they loose their source of income.

Since there is no gating top guilds literally have to fight for world first kills just to stay on top, its pretty brutal.

---------- Post added 2011-01-29 at 09:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by psdew1813 View Post
    oh wow n paragon got some shit for having 11 druids......this takes it to a whole new level of class stacking
    PLEASE, read before you post, its been said REPEATEDLY that they used Potion of Illusion, even Method said they did so.

---------- Post added 2011-01-29 at 09:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Calendra12345 View Post

Blizzard has made 10 and 25 basically the same, except for amount of people, 10's might be easier in better coordination and easier to put together, but harder because if just one person dies you are pretty screwed. People need to start excepting 10's and 25's to be the same for World first kills and the like.

Gratz Method for WORLD 1st kill Neff ...

I'm sorry but I had to comment here, They removed portals because they didnt want us to "zip around, quickly" around the world? OKAY, then why are there still instant dungeon teleports? When at start of wrath we needed Summoning Stones at the entrance, those have been useless forever and still remain. Yet we cant have portals back? That may not relate to the two things I just mentioned, but thats my take on it... They remove 1 thing but keep instant LFD teleports. IDK maybe im just QQing

What did they do to prevent class stacking?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirangel View Post
    I'm sorry but I had to comment here, They removed portals because they didnt want us to "zip around, quickly" around the world? OKAY, then why are there still instant dungeon teleports? When at start of wrath we needed Summoning Stones at the entrance, those have been useless forever and still remain. Yet we cant have portals back? That may not relate to the two things I just mentioned, but thats my take on it... They remove 1 thing but keep instant LFD teleports. IDK maybe im just QQing
    Instant LFD ports gets dungeons running faster, because people might be on a time constraint and they want to get into a dungeon. If your by yourself though and you want to get some place you aren't relying on others or having others wait on you, so you have all the time in the world to get place to place.

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Before the comments explode, it's a joke. They're all using Potion of Illusion to mock Paragon.

It's unfortunate that Paragon's kill of Sinestra was an unfinished version (missing the Twilight Flames) and that Paragon's kill of Nefarian had a literally fight-breaking bug in it (Feral Druid's Rip stacking), but I don't blame Paragon for either of those (mainly the first).

Also, Method's kill of Al'Akir was post-nerf, and Paragon's kill of Al'Akir was pre-nerf (and only very barely pre-nerf).

All in all, it's clear who the top guilds in the world are, grats to both.
    Pre-nerf Al'Akir was impossible. Both kills were post-nerf.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Topp View Post
    EU ----------------------------> US
    Thats all
    Didn't that happen over 500 years ago?

Wow, LOTS AND LOTS of Paragon fanboys in this thread. I really don't have anything else to say, other than "Congrats Method." I sincerely hope they ignore all the coattail-riding Paragon fanbois in this thread, and enjoy their successes.

The fact that everyone's too busy trying to argue what guild's the best to answer my simple question is a bit sad... Oh well. >_>

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwine77 View Post
    The problem is if you start removing incentive for seasoned PvE veterans to run heroics, then others suffer in LFD.

My two 85s have bought everything with JP already. I almost have the heroic achievement drakes, and I consider myself somewhat casual. The more hardcore already have some valor gear.

If you remove enough incentive to run heroics, then those people will quit doing heroics, and then the queue times will never get better or maybe even get worse.

I don't see a problem with heroics being a source of gold. The daily random gives you 83g and they usually take an hour or longer. You get more gold than that doing a hours worth of dailies. Both activities require some attention and effort. It is not as if people are making gold hand-over-fist doing heroics.

I'm not upset with the change to classic gem prices, but I do find it funny that people whine, "These new JP dumps suck compared to older rewards" and then Blizzard says, "fine! we'll just make the older rewards worse then!"
    There is ALWAYS incentive to run the daily random heroic. Even if you raid 25 mans and do complete clears of every boss you still are not getting weekly valor cap without doing 2 heroics per week. Since nobody except one or two guilds is clearing all the content every week, the áverage´raider isn´t getting anywhere near the cap every week.

So many people have misinterpreted our post so I would like to clear it up a bit.

Blizzard said that the top guild's raids are being closely observed by them to see if their encounters are working as intended.
    The last 5 bosses of this tier content got changed/hotfixed after they had been killed for the first time.

The contradiction of the two facts above is what causes the confusion. It looks as if Blizzard doesn't care that much about the actual race for the World First kills and is rather just trying to fix the bosses for the masses that follow the top 3-5guilds.
    It is literally a different boss, the one you fight now with the one that was killed the first time. And this is easily understandable because the tactics that you see in the World First kill movies are not viable anymore due to changes/hotfixes.

I personally have spoken with a couple of Paragon players and we all agreed that this situation was harmful for both guilds.
    It doesn't do Paragon justice changing the encounter after it has been defeated. Because Paragon would certainly be able to achieve the same world rankings even if they had the hotfixed versions of the fights from the beginning. And trying to deprive them of their accomplishments is just nonsense.(shoo trolls)
    It also made our life harder since we had to do some fights the hard way, taking more time and expanding the gap between the kills with an unrealistic difference in guild level.

So it was a lose-lose for the both of us. Hopefully people understand that now.

What we are basically saying is: Blizzard, pay more attention and react much faster on each and every boss that is being killed for the first time if you see that the mechanics are not what you wanted them to be.

About the other couple of things being discussed here...

What we, and every other top guild, experienced at this content was way too massive (way too long grind to kill all the bosses). And even tho we appreciate that there wasn't any pushover boss (icc lootship), in fact almost all the bosses are relatively hard, we don't want the progress to take as long as it did this time. So what we are saying is, reduce the amount of bosses. And we felt that even gating was better than what we had this time. Obviously the best would be just a reduction of the bosses to 8-9 instead of 13 imo, but if blizzard wants to release the same amount of bosses as they did this time and they want to make them all as hard as they were this time, then yes it should be done in a more civil form of gating indeed.

Now about the subject that if we wanted, we could have just taken some days off raiding.
    When you are aiming for world firsts, and you know that your direct competition is raiding every day, you can't expect to take a few days off and still be competing for World Firsts. And mind you we took some days off during christmas and on new year's eve-1st jan.
    Lastly... about the SS
    I am quite disappointed that there are people trying to find some secret meaning behind it when its just supposed to be funny. Trying to see things when there is nothing is just...

Anyways, I hope this cleared things up

Rogerbrown <Method>
    Last edited by rogerbrown; 2011-01-30 at 01:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    Funny how everyone was up in arms about the portals being removed now barely anyone cares. Like anything give it a few months and people forget about it. Blizzard needs to do this more and stop caving in. People end up stop whining as time goes on.
    The reason people stopped caring is because 2 weeks later, cata came out, and hey we didn't need dalaran anymore or its ports, people were up in arms about it mainly over it being"Hey blizz, what gives we still need to be in northrend to get our shit done and you took away our only convient way of getting out of here so now we must tip a mage 20g to get out"

Now of course you could leave northrend by means of a 10 minute flight and a boat.
    And yeah we got cata now, of course we don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    There is ALWAYS incentive to run the daily random heroic. Even if you raid 25 mans and do complete clears of every boss you still are not getting weekly valor cap without doing 2 heroics per week. Since nobody except one or two guilds is clearing all the content every week, the áverage´raider isn´t getting anywhere near the cap every week.
    Except that I've bought every piece of valor gear that interests me. All that remains are the BoE boots and I'll get enough valor from raiding that it's not worth the aggravation to run the daily H just to get incrementally closer to them. Further, the valor only comes from the first run of the day, but there is pressure to run more than that to help gear guildmates...there is rather a dearth of tanks but quite a few dps that rotate in and out of the primary raid comp.

And while Blizzard has increased the JP gain from the individual bosses, they've upped the time investment as well. Gone are the "pringles chip" dungeons of Wrath, where a 20 minute run was almost unheard of regardless of the skill level of the players. Now 25 minutes is record time. Most times a run takes 40 minutes to as much as two hours depending on the level of competence of the group, nor does the tank and healer have the ability to carry scrub DPS the way they could in Wrath.

Please don't get me wrong...I'm not crying about the dungeons themselves. I enjoyed the first weeks of cata dungeons. I enjoyed gearing up. I enjoyed learning new fights, I enjoyed mechanics that were on par with some wrath raids. I enjoyed the whole experience.

But lets face it...the content has grown stale. There's far less impetus to go back to the dungeons once your toon is raid ready. There's even less when your toon has finished getting valor gear. While there's variety in raids, there's less variety in the dungeons themselves; nine heroics to wrath's ten, with two being rehashed old content.

One reason why the LFD queues are as long as they are is due to the rate of return being less than it was in wrath, with blizz showing that they intend to make it even more so. The solid, experienced players are getting geared up and geared out, and simply not running as much. These are the experienced hands that help teach the newer players, if nothing else than by example. Not everyone is an altoholic. Personally, I have no intentions of bringing up a second toon to heroics until 359 gear is available via justice.

My own thought is that 346 gear should NEVER have required Chaos orbs, let alone three. My own thought is that there be another orb, bound or unbound, that drops from the final bosses in regular Grim Batol, HoO, and Tol'Vir, and can be purchased for justice points. Add a couple more guns (especially a tank gun and/or dual spec STR gun) to the engineers, and some 346 armor pieces to the other professions (for example bracers, which can be very hard to get).

---------- Post added 2011-01-29 at 09:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Biggiej View Post
    Now of course you could leave northrend by means of a 10 minute flight and a boat.
    And yeah we got cata now, of course we don't care.
    If you're horde, you take the CoT portal and you're about a minute south of Org. Never ceases to amaze me how many people forget that...but then many people didn't run CoS back before 3.3...

Quote Originally Posted by Temma View Post
    ...world 2nd is not a winner and doesnt deserve a quote (poorly stated or translated) on MMO front page
    and at the end of the day you are outclassed, both in this game and in your demeanor, by both guilds.

grats method and paragon! i hope to be right there with ya.... in about six months

edit: also, hilarious screenshot

World Kill

It makes me sad to find out that the guilds that are good enough to get top world kills have to troll about other guilds. It's funny, I did laugh when I saw it, but come on, why do you have to bother? You got a kill, good for you, but do you really have to make fun of a guild that beat you? Pre patch or not, it's a kill, and who is to say that they wouldn't have still beat you if they were not all banned?

Grats again Method on your 2ND kill, and Paragon on your 1ST kill.

And on Method's comment, for all the people that are trying to decipher it, they were both complimenting and trying to hint to Blizzard to test their content more. But there are some bugs that are just unforeseeable, if you can't face that, then stop playing, it's pathetic, they make the game for your enjoyment, if you don't enjoy it when there is a bug or two, quit. They are not trolling Paragon, or making fun of them in any way in their comment, it's their sad picture, that is aimed at Paragon.
    Last edited by Nightgecko; 2011-01-30 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightgecko View Post
    Well grats on the kill, I know guilds like Method probably never even read posts like these, but whatever.
    The very same page that your wrote in if you scroll up you can see a response from someone from Method talking about their comment and picture. I won't make fun of you, but yeah it's this type of failed insight that gives people such incorrect conclusions and thoughts.

But whatever long live the trolls, I guess.