warbringer macro help

I have been trying to use the following macro on my prot warrior which I found on these forums:

#showtooltip Charge
    /castsequence [@mouseover,harm][@targettarget,harm][harm] reset=15 Charge,Intercept; [@mouseover,help][help] Intervene
    /target [@mouseover,harm][@targettarget,harm]
    /startattack

The problem is that, the intervene on mouseover simply wont work, I need the cancel my current target for it to actually intervene, the intercept / charge part of it seem to work fine. so ive had to resort to using this macro aswell as a second macro to intervene on mouse over:
    #showtooltip Intervene
    /cast [target=mouseover,noharm,exists] Intervene: Intervene

can somebody tell me the correct working warbringer macro so that I can also intervene on mouse over without cancelling my current target?

Cheers in advance
    RIFT: Valakin lvl 60 rogue / Valakis lvl 60 mage - Zaviel EU, guild "Consortium"
    D3: 60 Barb, 60 Wiz, 60 WD

Isn't it "noharm" instead of "help" in the first macro?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

Deleted
    I use this:

#showtooltip
    /cast [modifier:ctrl] Heroic Leap
    /castsequence [nomod] reset=15 Charge, Intercept
    /cast [help, nomod] Intervene; [target=mouseover,, help] Intervene;

10+ Year Old Account
    #showtooltip
    /target [target=mouseover]
    /castsequence [harm] reset=15 Charge, Intercept, Charge; [help] Intervene

no need for all that extra baggage. the mouseover on intervene will work whether you're moused over the target or the mob attacking the target, assuming you've used your charge/intervene already. Intervene will be cast regardless if target is friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by soniqboom View Post
    I have been trying to use the following macro on my prot warrior which I found on these forums:

#showtooltip Charge
    /castsequence [@mouseover,harm][@targettarget,harm][harm] reset=15 Charge,Intercept; [@mouseover,help][help] Intervene
    /target [@mouseover,harm][@targettarget,harm]
    /startattack

The problem is that, the intervene on mouseover simply wont work, I need the cancel my current target for it to actually intervene, the intercept / charge part of it seem to work fine. so ive had to resort to using this macro aswell as a second macro to intervene on mouse over:
    #showtooltip Intervene
    /cast [target=mouseover,noharm,exists] Intervene: Intervene

can somebody tell me the correct working warbringer macro so that I can also intervene on mouse over without cancelling my current target?

Cheers in advance
    Soniq I too got my Warbringer macro from the forums here, and had a lot of trouble making it work. Frankly it sucks. Now I had a little taller order for mine, I wanted it to be a mouseover macro for Charge, Intercept, and Intervene, as well as a macro for them when I had something targeted (priority being mouseover).

I am at work, so I can't link my actual in game macro just yet, but I do see where your problem is.

The way that macro is set up, it tries to Charge/Intercept first, and Intervene second. What this will do is when you have a target it will try to Charge/Intercept, and then and only then will it try to Intervene, when they are both on CD. GROSS! That is completely unacceptable. Plus, it would still require you to untarget your initial target.

Here is the dirty version of that macro, I can link the cleaner version from my macro list when I get home, or I bet someone else could clean it up here too.

#showtooltip (don't put in a spell name and it will change depending on your mouseover, then you know it is registering something)
    /cast [@mouseover,help][help] Intervene;
    /castsequence [@mouseover,harm][@targettarget,harm][harm] reset=15 Charge,Intercept, Charge;
    /cast [mod:shift][@mouseover,help][help] Intervene

Putting an extra Charge in the cast sequence helps with the problem of sometimes not having a target just as you hit the button, so nothing registers, so you get a target and hit it again and it Intercepts, but then doesn't do anything on the next button press because the castsequence waits 15 seconds, even though you never actually used Charge, and it's still off CD. This fixes that problem.

I also put the [mod:_____] in there just in case (like when I know I need to Intervene ahead of hand), but this macro will do things in this order

Intervene mouseover (if nothing then..)
    Intervene target (if nothing then..)
    Charge, Intercept, Charge mouseover (if nothing then..)
    Charge, Intercept, Charge target of target (if nothing then..)
    Charge, Intercept, Charge target
    Mod:Shift Intercept mouseover/target

That should get everything working fine, but as a previous poster said you still have to watch out not hitting it for Charge repeatedly, as you can use up Charge/Intercept at the exact same time accidentally.

I would also be interested to know if target of target works for Intervene, but I haven't tried it yet.

So there you go, everything you need in one macro, in the proper order. It will even let you have an enemy targeted, and still Intervene an ally without changing your current target! This is really good while tanking a mob, Intervening an ally, and then charging right back to that same mob again right away. /startattack may break the targetting though, this is the only macro I don't use it in.

Another macro that goes really well with this one, since it doesn't change your target when you charge, is to offload that into a different one. Personally I use

/targetnearestenemy
    /cast Rend

That way I can charge in during a normal tanking situation, where potentially I could have the raidleader targetted or something, click Rend right away and it should target the enemy I just charged, and then it's BLLLLRGGRRLLGGGRLLRLRLLLL murloc attack time.

Have fun! This macro is loads of fun when it works like it should.
    Last edited by Greedybeaver; 2011-01-31 at 05:50 PM.