Thread: JS' Hunter Bar

Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gedae View Post
    Great job with the addon, it really serves its purposes
    I have a (probably) weird request, is there any way I can edit the announce message for misdirection (or any other announcement)? Maybe in some lua file or something? If so, if you could guide me to it would be super.

Cheers
    <Game dir>\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\JSHunterBar\locale\enUS.lua

Quote Originally Posted by Kalti View Post
    <Game dir>\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\JSHunterBar\locale\enUS.lua
    Thanks! I actually wanted to add some " >>, << " at the start and end of it, so had to change core.lua for that. But looking at enUs.lua made things easier to understand, since I don't know much (or anything) about lua

The bold is what I added, in case anyone else wonders (core.lua, line 2791):

SendChatMessage(">> |cff71d5ff|Hspell:" .. select(10, ...) .. "|h[" .. select(11, ...) .. "]|h|r"
    .. L.mdcaston .. select(8, ...) .." <<", getChatChan(DB.mdannouncechannel), nil, GetUnitName("player"))
    Last edited by gedae; 2011-05-06 at 04:48 PM.

Deleted
    Just wanted to pipe in and say that I first started using JSHB a few weeks ago when my hunter was levelling through Northrend. If it weren't for the very informative focus bar and cooldown timers I don't think I would have stayed playing a hunter, but actually find it very easy to manage my shots. Without much experience I can pull my weight in a heroic dungeon, which is more than I can say when I spec my healing priest to DPS Can't wait for rogue support, as well as others, in Serenity!

Quote Originally Posted by soupus View Post
    Just wanted to pipe in and say that I first started using JSHB a few weeks ago when my hunter was levelling through Northrend. If it weren't for the very informative focus bar and cooldown timers I don't think I would have stayed playing a hunter, but actually find it very easy to manage my shots. Without much experience I can pull my weight in a heroic dungeon, which is more than I can say when I spec my healing priest to DPS Can't wait for rogue support, as well as others, in Serenity!
    Glad to hear it's helping!

---

Serenity Update... Finishing up the mark reminder, aspect reminder and scare beast reminders now (actually done, just finishing testing).
    I'm hoping to knock out the buff/debuff alerts this weekend. I think that should only leave me 3 more modules to finish - Iconized timers, misdirection and the stack bars.

Here's a list of what's complete:
    Crowd Control (Going to add break announces to chat later)
    Focus Bar (with configurable tick marks and color changing if you want)
    Moving Timers (multiple sets can now be created as opposed to before)
    Indicators (Hunter's Mark, Aspect, Scare Beast)
    Tranq Alert (And much, much better chat notifications - even sound through master audio channel!)
    Tranqables Display (the buffs on the target that can be removed)
    Dispel announces

For everything: Backdrops, Borders, custom Texture settings (SetTexCoords).

Everything is now coded modular, so I can immediately add support for another class when I get Serenity released.

ACE3 libs are now used, so theres no double-up in necessary functions when you use another addon like DBM or ElvUI, etc that also used ACE3.

Current disk size of the addon is 800K. Most of which is the Options, which is Load on Demand. Memory is surprisingly low for everything Serenity already does.

PS. Still open to suggestions. I think any and every request has been included from the life of JSHB (minus the "cast this next" stuff, which I refuse to code in).

JS, forgive me if this is already in Serenity as I just haven't checked, but is it possible to include timers from other modules (like DBM) into the moving timers? It might be useful to be able to include certain boss timers as part of what is being tracked into one place. A friend of mine had mentioned this functionality existed in another mod he was using so I thought I'd suggest it in case it's not already there.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeherah View Post
    JS, forgive me if this is already in Serenity as I just haven't checked, but is it possible to include timers from other modules (like DBM) into the moving timers? It might be useful to be able to include certain boss timers as part of what is being tracked into one place. A friend of mine had mentioned this functionality existed in another mod he was using so I thought I'd suggest it in case it's not already there.
    Amazing idea

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure this has been asked before, but I'm using Tukui and trying to right click to misdirect my party frames and it's only bringing up the options for that player. Any pets I right click on, mine or another hunter, misdirects on right click and opens the menu on modifier+right. Am I forgetting something?

Quote Originally Posted by Evián View Post
    I'm sure this has been asked before, but I'm using Tukui and trying to right click to misdirect my party frames and it's only bringing up the options for that player. Any pets I right click on, mine or another hunter, misdirects on right click and opens the menu on modifier+right. Am I forgetting something?
    I havent checked it in a while but I will be re-coding it soon. I'll double-check the TukUI frame names... But my intention is to let you people add frames that I don't include out of the box.

Thanks for letting me know!

---------- Post added 2011-05-06 at 10:01 PM ----------

Very interesting idea.... I will touch back on this, want to get Serenity released first... But I really like the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by JSorrentino View Post
    Glad to hear it's helping!

---

Serenity Update... Finishing up the mark reminder, aspect reminder and scare beast reminders now (actually done, just finishing testing).
    I'm hoping to knock out the buff/debuff alerts this weekend. I think that should only leave me 3 more modules to finish - Iconized timers, misdirection and the stack bars.

Here's a list of what's complete:
    Crowd Control (Going to add break announces to chat later)
    Focus Bar (with configurable tick marks and color changing if you want)
    Moving Timers (multiple sets can now be created as opposed to before)
    Indicators (Hunter's Mark, Aspect, Scare Beast)
    Tranq Alert (And much, much better chat notifications - even sound through master audio channel!)
    Tranqables Display (the buffs on the target that can be removed)
    Dispel announces

For everything: Backdrops, Borders, custom Texture settings (SetTexCoords).

Everything is now coded modular, so I can immediately add support for another class when I get Serenity released.

ACE3 libs are now used, so theres no double-up in necessary functions when you use another addon like DBM or ElvUI, etc that also used ACE3.

Current disk size of the addon is 800K. Most of which is the Options, which is Load on Demand. Memory is surprisingly low for everything Serenity already does.

PS. Still open to suggestions. I think any and every request has been included from the life of JSHB (minus the "cast this next" stuff, which I refuse to code in).
    Can you add an interupt notification. Im on interupt duty on adds with a rogue for Sinestra.

Wondering if this suggestion I made about a month or so ago is going to make it into serenity...you seemed to like the idea. Having a "idiot light" when serpent sting is not on your target that functions like the indicator for hunters mark. I haven't reinstalled power auras yet because i was hoping this would be added. Please don't make me reinstall pwere auras .

Either way can't wait for serenity!! Thanks for all the work.

So... Js... would you be willing to rename your mod to Ijanaak's Hunter Bar?

thx you for the add-on
    would like to know if you can make the Focus bar width long then 400px i would like it the some width as my cast bar. can you bump it up too like 1000px. Like i use 525px for my cast bar width.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilruff View Post
    thx you for the add-on
    would like to know if you can make the Focus bar width long then 400px i would like it the some width as my cast bar. can you bump it up too like 1000px. Like i use 525px for my cast bar width.
    Yep, accounted for already.

---------- Post added 2011-05-08 at 12:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by slimshadie View Post
    Can you add an interupt notification. Im on interupt duty on adds with a rogue for Sinestra.
    I will be adding this after release. I need to do it for other classes anyway. It's really not hard to do, just want basics back and done first.

---------- Post added 2011-05-08 at 12:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by hunter123 View Post
    Wondering if this suggestion I made about a month or so ago is going to make it into serenity...you seemed to like the idea. Having a "idiot light" when serpent sting is not on your target that functions like the indicator for hunters mark. I haven't reinstalled power auras yet because i was hoping this would be added. Please don't make me reinstall pwere auras .

Either way can't wait for serenity!! Thanks for all the work.
    You will be able to achieve this with the timer icons. They will function much much better than before.

---------- Post added 2011-05-08 at 12:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ijanaak View Post
    So... Js... would you be willing to rename your mod to Ijanaak's Hunter Bar?
    LOL You wish.

---------- Post added 2011-05-08 at 12:41 AM ----------

This will definitely be done. I just love this idea.

---------- Post added 2011-05-08 at 12:44 AM ----------

So, took longer than expected today, but Misdirection module complete.

No longer need to specify frame names, I gather them all dynamically now. So much better. Reduced the code for the MD module too by making this change.

I will be finishing the Buff/Debuff alerts next, then the big Icon Timer module and it's pretty much back to where it was with a lot more features.

So close...

I'm looking forward to Serenity! BTW JS, I found the name of the module that has support for this now, it's called Aura Frames. Figured it might be useful in case you wanted to take a peek at how they integrated the boss mod timer support.

This is going to make an already great addon THE perfect raiding tool. I'm very much looking forward to this.

Hello, first of all i want to say, great addon, thks to developer.
    I have one suggestion/request is there possible add pet low hp warning ?

Is there a way to move the Wyvern/Icetrap-Duration-Indicator? Or am I just blind?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by carcharoth84 View Post
    Is there a way to move the Wyvern/Icetrap-Duration-Indicator? Or am I just blind?
    Should be. If you are talking about the stationary icons, just unlock the mod and click and drag them to where you want them. If you are talking about the cooldown sliding icons then go into settings and chose the spec specific settings (Beast Mastery, Marksmanship, Survival). In there click edit on the skill you want to adjust and change what you want to move the timer.

Quote Originally Posted by Leggomyeggo View Post
    Should be. If you are talking about the stationary icons, just unlock the mod and click and drag them to where you want them.
    I've tried that already, but there were no icons to move.
    Must i first freeze/wyvern a target to move them?

Edit:
    Mh.. note to myself: maybe, the icons are behind the pitbull-bar when i activate the move-feature-thingy. gotta test this after work

15+ Year Old Account
    The addon doesn't update it's settings until you close the settings window back down. So open the settings, unlock it, then close settings. The indicator you are looking for should be a green box when the addon is unlocked. You should be able to drag that to where you want it.