Thread: JS' Hunter Bar

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by azzureuss View Post
    Hello JS.
    Yesterday i saw this post and installed your addon. Found some little problems..:
    1st. when i enable bar unlock, for me to move it i am forced to leave the addon panel, move the elements then go back in addon panel.
    2nd. when i do changes like bar dimension etc... i cant see the change. As usual i need to close addon panel to see if i like the change or not.
    3rd. when i try to define a new CD nothing happens.

Can you do something?
    Try typing /jsb lock instead of unlocking from the interface panel.

As for the configuration changes and not seeing them, yes - I am aware. I will address this in the future :-(

---------- Post added 2011-02-16 at 04:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahjane View Post
    I use it for larger visual cues for when my abilities come off of CD. They're situated in a circle with your bar right in the middle. I've been using Power Auras for so long I feel kinda naked without it. Let me see if I could fish up a screenie with it active.

edit: Here's an old screenshot, but the Auras setup is still the same.

Interesting, I ask just to see if there's something I can add in that I may not have thought of yet.

---------- Post added 2011-02-16 at 04:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by r0cki View Post
    How to "remember" the addon to keep the Hunter's Mark turned off? Everytime i log i have to turn it off at the options.

Thanks!
    1.84 had bugs, grab 1.85, it should save.. If it does not and the option turns back on let me know - it would probably be a bug then. I'll test myself tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by defied View Post
    Downloaded this add-on last night and encountered a frame rate issue while I had it enabled. I also run Dominos, Xperl, DBM, and Tbag and typically I get around 60FPS. I would log out and turn on JSB and my frame rates would drop to single digits.

Any suggestions or any other information you need?

Thanks
    Please try 1.85 and see if it still happens. If it does, please try to disable addons so I can know which addon it is actually causing an issue with.

My guess is 1.85 should fix it.

---------- Post added 2011-02-16 at 04:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by twister1279 View Post
    Same thing here, anyone have any ideas as to why?
    Try 1.85. I fixed some bugs that were reported later.

Quote Originally Posted by JSorrentino View Post
    Interesting, I ask just to see if there's something I can add in that I may not have thought of yet.
    Well the thing I like about your bar that Power Auras can't do well is give a graphical representation of a timeline depicting when abilities are coming off of CD. I just like Power Auras for the big reminders that tell me "hey noob, Black Arrow is ready" without having to check my bars. The only thing I could think of that would make your addon function the way I use Power Auras is the ability to float some larger icons that pop up when an ability isn't on cooldown anymore.

That's just my personal preference, you may not want to bloat your addon to the size that Power Auras is. I love your addon either way, I can't play without it.

Deleted
    Still not saving the Hunter's Mark and Tranquilizing Shot announcing options...

A.K.A: I don't want HM nor Tranq shot announcing :P

Other than that, awesome addon...

P.S: If only i had a bigger screen... I want TukUI so bad

Looking into it now.

Love this add-on! It helps me manage my hunter very much! I noticed someone mentioning something about making your add-on function a little bit more like Power Auras. Gah! If I have any sort of feedback, all I have to say is...please try to keep JSB light on resource use, like how it seems to be now!

Totally appreciate the work you put into this add-on! Thank you!

OK fixed. 1.86, get it quicker at www.transcended.us forum.

---------- Post added 2011-02-16 at 06:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by OohLaLa View Post
    Love this add-on! It helps me manage my hunter very much! I noticed someone mentioning something about making your add-on function a little bit more like Power Auras. Gah! If I have any sort of feedback, all I have to say is...please try to keep JSB light on resource use, like how it seems to be now!

Totally appreciate the work you put into this add-on! Thank you!
    You are welcome!

Try typing /jsb lock instead of unlocking from the interface panel.

As for the configuration changes and not seeing them, yes - I am aware. I will address this in the future :-(

---------- Post added 2011-02-16 at 04:09 PM ----------

1.84 had bugs, grab 1.85, it should save.. If it does not and the option turns back on let me know - it would probably be a bug then. I'll test myself tonight.

Please try 1.85 and see if it still happens. If it does, please try to disable addons so I can know which addon it is actually causing an issue with.

---------- Post added 2011-02-16 at 04:11 PM ----------

Try 1.85. I fixed some bugs that were reported later.
    Ok, so i tried it with no addons up, and my FPS is still dropping, not as much as before, but still just about half of what it normally is, right now its at 28/29, normally im at around 58/59
    And, i take that back, now its all good
    awesome addon by the way!
    Last edited by twister1279; 2011-02-17 at 12:47 AM.

I was using 1.85 (or whatever the latest version as of 8PM 2/15/11 was). I will try 1.86 and see what happens and let you know.

**EDIT**

Installed 1.86 and framerate is holding steady at 60 FPS in Stormwind, good job JS!
    Last edited by defied; 2011-02-17 at 01:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by defied View Post
    I was using 1.85 (or whatever the latest version as of 8PM 2/15/11 was). I will try 1.86 and see what happens and let you know.

**EDIT**

Installed 1.86 and framerate is holding steady at 60 FPS in Stormwind, good job JS!
    Yeah, sorry for the issues, juggling GF over the weekend for the holiday and father in the hospital today.. Never ends.

Deleted
    Lovely, it's working properly now

OK input time.

Icon timers:
    What it will be is an additional option on timers to "ICONIFY" the timer as opposed to having it move.

These icons will be static, in that they do not disappear. Already plan to change the border color when timer is off cooldown to show it's ready to be cast.

What I need to make a decision on is how to do it. I really do not want this as a totally seperate frame (well maybe - kind-of thinking as I write this) and my original thought was to make this option anchored to the top of the bar replacing the timers on the top side and pushing any other timers to the bottom. Now that I think more about this, not sure I like the idea. Maybe break the ICON frame out and allow it to be moved wherever the player decides? (INPUT PLEASE!) Maybe do as I originally thought and replace the top, but I'm now thinking this is not the best idea - If the user wants the icons on the top, they can just set all moving timers to the bottom or center and place the icon frame wherever wanted. Hmm, things to ponder.

Anyway, opinions matter here, so if you have something good to portray to sway the decision making, please post.

Thanks all.

JS

Personally I wouldn't anchor them to the focus bar. Maybe detach the icons and have them anchored to vertical bars on either side of the focus bar (think IceHUD) that can be offset from center. Maybe have predetermined icon slot numbers so people can customize where abilities are positioned. I would also have an option to customize on-CD and off-CD alpha.

Just my .02

I have always been addicted to addons ever since I started playing back in 2005..

This is.. THE best addon ever..

A few tips though.. The choppy autoshot bar is pointless now due to the new changes to Autoshot.. Should just remove it

Never let this die.. As a fellow hunter! <3

Quote Originally Posted by Patty View Post
    I have always been addicted to addons ever since I started playing back in 2005..

This is.. THE best addon ever..

A few tips though.. The choppy autoshot bar is pointless now due to the new changes to Autoshot.. Should just remove it

Never let this die.. As a fellow hunter! <3
    Oh I have plans for where the autoshot bar is now :-)

Is it possible to get the stacks to show for Ready, Set, Aim, instead of the duration?

Edit: On second thought, is it possible to get the stack AND the duration?
    Last edited by Feeny; 2011-02-18 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Feeny View Post
    Is it possible to get the stacks to show for Ready, Set, Aim, instead of the duration?

YES!

Actually 1.9 is in testing right now and plan to release it as soon as my testers confirm no bugs.

JS

---------- Post added 2011-02-18 at 06:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by catbeef View Post
    Plug in to SharedMedia so I don't have to edit variables.lua every time to get the bar texture I want
    Plan to, just not enough time in the day.

More coders need to be like you. Fixing your add-on then releasing a new version an HOUR after someone said something is pure awesomeness. Thank you for paying so much attention to your users. More add-on creators need to follow your benchmark for performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Feeny View Post

Yes it is. Decided to deal with the stacks first, testing now with 1.9. Coded it a little different which is why I did it first. Will probably do the same for the new icon timers and touch back on the scrolling timers. Time, oh so precious.

---------- Post added 2011-02-19 at 01:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by undethknight View Post
    More coders need to be like you. Fixing your add-on then releasing a new version an HOUR after someone said something is pure awesomeness. Thank you for paying so much attention to your users. More add-on creators need to follow your benchmark for performance.
    Thanks, I wouldn't need to fix as much if i were more patient though. Need more testers is what it comes to.

JS
    Last edited by JSorrentino; 2011-02-19 at 09:05 AM.

OK, just put an Alpha on Curse and my own site.

If you use the alpha, please, please, PLEASE, report any errors, issues and opinions on the changes.

Thank You!

My Site

Main things changed: Auto Shot bar gone, Stack bars added, code fixes and changes (internal). Timers should be more fluid.

First of all, I want to say that I love the addon. Awesome work. Now, I downloaded the Alpha to use during my raid tonight and noticed one bug. It seems that the addon is making some invisible frames that can't be clicked through.

I believe the frames are being caused by the new stack tracking feature. (I have a screenshot showing the location of the invisible frames, but I can't post it because I don't post here enough )

Other than that small issue, everything work just as well as previous versions. Hope that helps.

Edit: I posted the screenshot in the comments on WoWInterface.
    Last edited by Jophess; 2011-02-21 at 05:21 AM.