Thread: JS' Hunter Bar

Page 1 of 26
... LastLast

Question Serenity (formerly JS' Hunter Bar)

Serenity on Curse: http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a.../serenity.aspx

Serenity has replaced JS' Hunter Bar due to changes in 4.2 that would require I major re-code.

I had full intentions of keeping both alive, but can not justify it now with the change Blizzard made to options which would require me to do a major recode of most of the addon options.

Please use Serenity.
    Last edited by JSorrentino; 2011-07-05 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Reflect Serenity replacing JSHB in post title.

Woah, as if the movie wasn't enough, this is sick

Quote Originally Posted by JSorrentino View Post
    Just to let people that use the bar know, it's updated with a new name and in-game options.

JS' Hunter Bar on Curse
    wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/js-hunter-focus-bar.aspx
    Looks like a pretty good addon, I'll have to try it out and replace my current focus bar addon .

Just installed it, will try tomorrow.

Looks to me like it combines almost 3 addons into one. I will definately have to test this thing out.

•Focus bar and number to indicate current focus.

•Autoshot swing bar to time when you need to stop moving to allow an autoshot to fire (with time in the lower right corner of bar).

•Incoming focus prediction for when you are casting Cobra/Steady Shot.

•Color changing, red for low focus, Green for enough to cast your main shot and less than 80% total current focus, Orange to make you aware you are getting near over-cap.

•Timers for necessary abilities, ie: Serpent Sting, Black Arrow, Improved Steady Shot, etc. - with the ability to add more very easily.

•Easy configuration if you don't mind editing the config.lua file.

•Low over-head - the addon uses under 50k of system memory when running.

•Movable and resizeable in game using the slash comman (type "/JSB" in the chat window and read).

•Crowd Control timers (trap / wyvern sting)

•Hunter's Mark reminder.

•Tranquilizing Shot dispel notification to proper channel.

•In-game configuration of all options.

---------- Post added 2011-01-29 at 09:13 PM ----------

Love it, but the only thing I don't like is that the autoshot timer is choppy (not my computer by any means, azcastbar does not chop and can hold over 200fps if i disable vertical sync) and I can't find a way to make the entire bar (focus/autoshot) only appear in combat. Also, the autoshot timer lags a little bit. I put azcastbar up beside it and the azcastbar seems to be a tad bit more accurate with about a .3 second window whil this one is roughly a .6 window. Not much, but even that much can cancel the autoshot. It comes 'out of the box' to fade when not in combat and illuminates when in combat, but I would like to completely disappear when out of combat. Other than that, this addon is definately a solid one. The cc tracker is absolutely worth it's weight in gold.

I have needtoknow for the other proc/buff/debuff trackers, but ntk does not have an option of tracking cc's unless you are targeting that exact mob. This however does.

Deleted
    Yeah the CD timer/Autoshot timer is definitely choppy. Is it because the refresh value is set very low (if there is any lol)?
    Last edited by mmocb75d0618b6; 2011-01-30 at 06:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gall View Post
    Looks to me like it combines almost 3 addons into one. I will definately have to test this thing out.

•Focus bar and number to indicate current focus.

•Autoshot swing bar to time when you need to stop moving to allow an autoshot to fire (with time in the lower right corner of bar).

•Incoming focus prediction for when you are casting Cobra/Steady Shot.

•Color changing, red for low focus, Green for enough to cast your main shot and less than 80% total current focus, Orange to make you aware you are getting near over-cap.

•Timers for necessary abilities, ie: Serpent Sting, Black Arrow, Improved Steady Shot, etc. - with the ability to add more very easily.

•Easy configuration if you don't mind editing the config.lua file.

•Low over-head - the addon uses under 50k of system memory when running.

•Movable and resizeable in game using the slash comman (type "/JSB" in the chat window and read).

•Crowd Control timers (trap / wyvern sting)

•Hunter's Mark reminder.

•Tranquilizing Shot dispel notification to proper channel.

•In-game configuration of all options.

---------- Post added 2011-01-29 at 09:13 PM ----------

Love it, but the only thing I don't like is that the autoshot timer is choppy (not my computer by any means, azcastbar does not chop and can hold over 200fps if i disable vertical sync) and I can't find a way to make the entire bar (focus/autoshot) only appear in combat. Also, the autoshot timer lags a little bit. I put azcastbar up beside it and the azcastbar seems to be a tad bit more accurate with about a .3 second window whil this one is roughly a .6 window. Not much, but even that much can cancel the autoshot. It comes 'out of the box' to fade when not in combat and illuminates when in combat, but I would like to completely disappear when out of combat. Other than that, this addon is definately a solid one. The cc tracker is absolutely worth it's weight in gold.

I have needtoknow for the other proc/buff/debuff trackers, but ntk does not have an option of tracking cc's unless you are targeting that exact mob. This however does.
    Set "Out of combat and full focus alpha" to zero to make it completely gone when OOC. (theres 2 more sliders for OOC).
    1.72 was just released to fix drunkin' coding issues.

I'm aware of the autoshot bar's blocky movement from left to right, but with the change to autoshot in the coming patch, not even sure the autoshot bar is worth it. open to opinions though.

---------- Post added 2011-01-30 at 04:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Steverman View Post
    Yeah the CD timer/Autoshot timer is definitely choppy. Is it because the refresh value is set very low (if there is any lol)?
    The CD timer choppy, can you elaborate more? always willing to fix things, just need to know exactly what to look for.

JS

PS. Update interval is .1s (1/10th of a second)
    Last edited by JSorrentino; 2011-01-30 at 11:56 PM.

Yes, I can confirm the choppiness too. I'm not sure if you've every played Counter-Strike, but when someone is lagging it looks as if they're skipping everywhere. This is the best example I could think of right now (just woke up).

It is a great addon though, and I'll be using it from now on. I'd recommend other hunters to try this out.

Deleted
    Set "Out of combat and full focus alpha" to zero to make it completely gone when OOC. (theres 2 more sliders for OOC).
    1.72 was just released to fix drunkin' coding issues.

I'm aware of the autoshot bar's blocky movement from left to right, but with the change to autoshot in the coming patch, not even sure the autoshot bar is worth it. open to opinions though.

---------- Post added 2011-01-30 at 04:56 PM ----------

The CD timer choppy, can you elaborate more? always willing to fix things, just need to know exactly what to look for.

JS

PS. Update interval is .1s (1/10th of a second)

When you apply dots/use a cooldown spell/auto attack you'll notice that the icons doesn't go as smooth as it should. Quartz have a "swing" timer too. But the difference between Quartz and yours is that it's much much smoother than yours.
    Last edited by mmocb75d0618b6; 2011-01-31 at 02:59 PM.

When you apply dots/use a cooldown spell/auto attack you'll notice that the icons doesn't go as smooth as it should. Quartz have a "swing" timer too. But the difference between Quartz and yours is that it's much much smoother than yours.
    Oh, I see what you mean.

Quartz tracked items move more fluidly from one side of the bar to the other.

Mainly its due to the way that addon tracks compared to how I track. Tracking target buffs as an item moving anchored to a frame is quite different. I don't believe (not positive here, so don't shoot me if wrong) that quartz tracks something like the duration of SrS on your target mob, especially when swapping mobs and needing to re-gain the new debuff information.

The choppyness of my bar is because it's a difference coding scheme, being updated at 1/10th of a second intervals. Increasing the update interval can help, but will cause more checking to be done. I'll experiment with this some and see if increasing the interval helps. I can also explore other ways of rendering the items tracked, as well as the autoshot timer.

Appreciate the feedback, always helps to make an addon better.

JS

EDIT: If you look in core.lua and find the update interval variable (right near the top, about 12 lines down). Change it to: local updateInterval = 0.05
    Seems to make it much more fluid, but I do need feedback before I write it off as a "good" solution.
    Last edited by JSorrentino; 2011-01-31 at 04:53 PM.

Is there an option to change the channel it reports dispels to? So far i've only been able to report into raid and BG channels, while i want it to display in /s

If there's already an option for this i'm just stupid/blind :P

It defaults to the proper channel depending on situation.

It will report to say when out of group, party if in party, raid in raid, bg chan in a bg.

I can always make it an option as to which to report to.

Deleted
    Oh, I see what you mean.

Quartz tracked items move more fluidly from one side of the bar to the other.

Mainly its due to the way that addon tracks compared to how I track. Tracking target buffs as an item moving anchored to a frame is quite different. I don't believe (not positive here, so don't shoot me if wrong) that quartz tracks something like the duration of SrS on your target mob, especially when swapping mobs and needing to re-gain the new debuff information.

The choppyness of my bar is because it's a difference coding scheme, being updated at 1/10th of a second intervals. Increasing the update interval can help, but will cause more checking to be done. I'll experiment with this some and see if increasing the interval helps. I can also explore other ways of rendering the items tracked, as well as the autoshot timer.

Appreciate the feedback, always helps to make an addon better.

JS

EDIT: If you look in core.lua and find the update interval variable (right near the top, about 12 lines down). Change it to: local updateInterval = 0.05
    Seems to make it much more fluid, but I do need feedback before I write it off as a "good" solution.

Update from me as I changed the updateInterval to 0.05.

Barely visible with icons but still somewhat visible on the autoshot timer.

Update from me as I changed the updateInterval to 0.05.

Barely visible with icons but still somewhat visible on the autoshot timer.
    OK, so I'm taking this as "better/good" BUT "needs improvement" ?

Setting to 0.04 seems to be much better. Just need to get some testing done on slower machines.
    Last edited by JSorrentino; 2011-01-31 at 07:39 PM.

I'm liking the addon, I'm still using quartz and icehud for cast bar and swing timer but the rest of it is nice.

Oh, one thing i would like added in is an option to track mend pet uptime

Great Add-on mate, like it alot.

Would it be possible to add an Explosive/Chimera Shot icon scrolling from right to left of the bar relative to their cooldown?

Deleted
    awsome addon, everyone should have this

Quote Originally Posted by Kalti View Post
    Great Add-on mate, like it alot.

Would it be possible to add an Explosive/Chimera Shot icon scrolling from right to left of the bar relative to their cooldown?
    You can do that. Just go to menu, to submenu Marksmanship or Survival, add a cooldown to track. Quite easy. You can add just about anything

First of all, thank you for a great add-on. It is replacing several add-on that I have been using

Now to my main point, I was wondering if you add cd time for raptor strike, as well as duration of resistance is futile and the aimed shot proc (not the stack but the buff you get when you reach 5 stacks)

Once again thank you for this add-on.