Thread: JS' Hunter Bar

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Using the addon too, awesome job!

would be cool if the tranq shot info would be not only wisable in the chat but u could get it on screen or something, dont like the spam while raiding but the info that u have dispeled on screen would be sweet

+ if the CC icons could be movable not depending on the bar would just be awesome for ppl who keep the UI cleen

anyways tnx 4 the addon, keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by Elvarg View Post
    Oh, one thing i would like added in is an option to track mend pet uptime
    Just released 1.74 to fix some choppiness issues and misc stuff, plus added a feature or two.

Mend pet will be available in 1.75+

---------- Post added 2011-02-07 at 03:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Elvarg View Post
    Is there an option to change the channel it reports dispels to? So far i've only been able to report into raid and BG channels, while i want it to display in /s

If there's already an option for this i'm just stupid/blind :P
    There is in the 1.74 release :-)

---------- Post added 2011-02-07 at 03:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kalti View Post
    Great Add-on mate, like it alot.

Would it be possible to add an Explosive/Chimera Shot icon scrolling from right to left of the bar relative to their cooldown?
    You can already do this now, just go in the options for the sv/mm specs and click the add button :-)

---------- Post added 2011-02-07 at 03:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ysj93 View Post
    First of all, thank you for a great add-on. It is replacing several add-on that I have been using

Now to my main point, I was wondering if you add cd time for raptor strike, as well as duration of resistance is futile and the aimed shot proc (not the stack but the buff you get when you reach 5 stacks)

Once again thank you for this add-on.
    All will be in 1.75+.

---------- Post added 2011-02-07 at 03:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by someonesick View Post
    Using the addon too, awesome job!

would be cool if the tranq shot info would be not only wisable in the chat but u could get it on screen or something, dont like the spam while raiding but the info that u have dispeled on screen would be sweet

+ if the CC icons could be movable not depending on the bar would just be awesome for ppl who keep the UI cleen

anyways tnx 4 the addon, keep up the good work!
    The CC icons *may* be movable in the future, I'm working on something else as a new feature which would make that very easy to do.

You can turn off the tranq announce, or change the channel it reports to now.

Quote Originally Posted by Deepfriedegg View Post
    You can do that. Just go to menu, to submenu Marksmanship or Survival, add a cooldown to track. Quite easy. You can add just about anything
    Thanks mate, I actually figured this out after posting.

This is truly an excellent add-on.

Awesome add-on, I was using multiple add-ons do exactly the things this single add-on does with more elegance. Thank you for this.

Huge fan of this add-on. I hardly even have to look at my focus bar now, because my eyes are used to the changing colors, and I know exactly where I'm at.

1.74 is up with the 8s pvp change for traps, selectable tranq announce channel, and some minor fixes.

I know i need to fix the options to allow you to see your changes better, and add edit boxes to the colors for precise color adjustment, just need time to work on it. New guild, learning people and raiding is eating a lot of time, and now I need to play with new rots tomorrow before raid.

One of the things I'm tossing ideas around with right now is another cooldown type, basically icons (like the traps or hunter mark reminders). Some people prefer to see cooldown numbers on big icons.. I'm just trying to decide the best way to do it.

Options are secondary to me, as whats there now works, and better functionality is the better choice of what to do next.

Thanks all for the suggestions, I actually do listen.

JS

---------- Post added 2011-02-08 at 10:50 AM ----------

OK folks I can use some help here. Need spell ID's for abilities that we should tranq off when up. (ie: Maloriak's buff, the enrage on the trash drake in BWD, etc.)

Anyone that happens to have the spell ID's handy will save me some time, and get a big "thank You!" from me.

JS

---------- Post added 2011-02-08 at 04:50 PM ----------

Made some changes to Marks, in specific. As current, Aimed has greater weight then Chimera Shot, so Chimera Shot is now used as the main shot for the class (50 focus as opposed to 44).

Also added in an alert icon for notification of your target needing to be tranq'd. I have only gotten 3 mobs in the check list so far, stone core (warbringers i think), Maimgor & Maloriak in BWD. If you find others that need to be added, please post - need the instance they are in and exact mob name.
    Alert icon frame is movable seperate and not anchored to the main bar. Once I know this is working as planned, I will make the CC icons do the same, as well as the hunter mark reminder.

I noticed after I respec'd that the icons for my sv build were being used for the icons on the timers (right cooldown/duration, wrong graphic). Not sure if this was a temporary problem or if I need to dig a bit deeper into it.

Added all requested spells to the list of add-able timers.

JS

PS. If myself or the other 2 hunters in my guild see no issues, I'll release this tonight.
    ^ Released 1.81 ^
    Last edited by JSorrentino; 2011-02-09 at 06:01 AM.

My only suggestion is to add in the ability "Ready,Set,Aim..." the only thing missing for me atleast.

Wonderful addon. It's good to see someone taking an active interest in keeping current with peoples suggestions/questions. Keep it up.

Love the addon great work would like to see some cooldown timers for some more moves. Would be awesome to see berserking the troll racial and silencing shot are the two i remember now.
    Keep up the good work
    Went in game and realized theres no cd timer for readiness either. I realize there other addons for watching these kind of things its just nice to have them all in one place
    Last edited by Zinchi; 2011-02-10 at 01:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaskdorris View Post
    My only suggestion is to add in the ability "Ready,Set,Aim..." the only thing missing for me atleast.
    Thought about it, just havent figured out a good way to do it yet. Not even sure it's that useful, as you can watch the proc and react to that, R,S,A is based off the basic MM rotation, so is it really useful - unless you are doing a timing from the 4-5 stacks for the proc...

Not knocking anything on it, just don't want to add more code and make the addon bigger for something thats not 100% useful for raiding, or even PvP. I'm open to discussion, which is why I post here and talk to people about things before I implement - if I'm not sure.

Some things I implement because I see real necessity. Like the newest, after doing Omnotron Heroic last night. *certain* debuffs are so important to you that you need to be made aware in a noticable way. Thus the newest addition to the bar which I'm working on.

---------- Post added 2011-02-10 at 11:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zinchi View Post
    Love the addon great work would like to see some cooldown timers for some more moves. Would be awesome to see berserking the troll racial and silencing shot are the two i remember now.
    Keep up the good work
    Went in game and realized theres no cd timer for readiness either. I realize there other addons for watching these kind of things its just nice to have them all in one place
    New release 1.82+ will have these in. Just working on some things before releasing.

is it possible to add the option to track GCD?

Edit: i would like to add that this is the most amazing hunter mod ive seen, even got my addon-free friend to try it and actually keep it!
    Last edited by Oxidys; 2011-02-10 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JSorrentino View Post
    Thought about it, just havent figured out a good way to do it yet. Not even sure it's that useful, as you can watch the proc and react to that, R,S,A is based off the basic MM rotation, so is it really useful - unless you are doing a timing from the 4-5 stacks for the proc...

Not knocking anything on it, just don't want to add more code and make the addon bigger for something thats not 100% useful for raiding, or even PvP. I'm open to discussion, which is why I post here and talk to people about things before I implement - if I'm not sure.

Some things I implement because I see real necessity. Like the newest, after doing Omnotron Heroic last night. *certain* debuffs are so important to you that you need to be made aware in a noticable way. Thus the newest addition to the bar which I'm working on.

---------- Post added 2011-02-10 at 11:16 AM ----------

New release 1.82+ will have these in. Just working on some things before releasing.
    It would be VERY usefull as long as we can gain a "free" aimed shot by timing out 4-5 stacks. I'd appreciate it - A LOT. Hunterfocusbar managed to do it, too, so it should be very possible.

Deleted
    How have i been playing without this addon?

Just downloaded and... /gasp ! It's amazing! Loving it, after some tweaks looks really cool!

Thanks for it and keep it updated! <3

Turn off the autoshot.

I could play blizz UI, with just this addon, <3
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylv_ View Post
    Turn off the autoshot.

I could play blizz UI, with just this addon, <3
    Bunch of changes coming in the next release, going to default the autoshot bar to off, its kind of useless now.

Everything is movable now, though, seperate from the main bar (main bar and timers above and below are one unit).

Mark Reminder, Tranq Alert, CC Icons, Debuff Warning, are all seperate, from the bar, anchored to the main UI now for more configuration.

Also have been adding spells upon request.

If there's a specific debuff you want to be warned about, post the spell id, and I can add it before releasing this version (hopefully tomorrow).

I think, after this release, need to add one more major component and then scrub the code to reduce memory imprint more; then add more to the config - like text boxes for entering colors, etc.; add a preview for changes so you don't need to leave the options to see them; make the options load on demand. I have a laundry list, just not enough time.

JS

Keep up the good work! Awesome hunter addon one of the best I've ever seen or used plus its also really great to see someone who's taking feedback and updating it this much to make it be the best it can be on a consistent basis.

the timer icons seem a little dark, like the same color they are when they are on CD.
    anyway to change thier brightness or opacity?

Edit: fixed the dark thing with a reload of the ui, that was wierd...

PS can global cool down be added as a spell? or replace the auto shot bar as a option?
    Last edited by Oxidys; 2011-02-11 at 04:59 AM.

Deleted
    You are a God send. i was browsing everywhere for an addon that would warn me of what i could dispel with Tranq Shot and could not find one, except DispelBorders which does not help me much.

I had given up on it and... you improve JS to include it!

Love the addon, but I have 2 buff additions I'd like!

1st is The Beast Within. You have Beastial Wrath which will track the CD, but as far as the testing I did it did not track its duration because that is the buff on the pet and not on yourself. The Beast Within however is the buff you get during that, and is the same dura, so it would work =).

2nd is my pets Frenzy stacks. As a BM hunter I am constantly popping Focus Fire, but I have to wait for 5 stacks of frenzy and blizzards lighting up the icon at 5 stacks can be a second or 2 behind when my pet actually reaches 5. I am currently using HunterFocusBar for this by setting the bar to transparent and overlaying it onto yours just for the frenzy stacks, but I'd love to be able to condense this. If it is possible to track the frenzy stacks next to where the Hunters Mark reminder goes it'd be great!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoylie View Post
    Love the addon, but I have 2 buff additions I'd like!

1st is The Beast Within. You have Beastial Wrath which will track the CD, but as far as the testing I did it did not track its duration because that is the buff on the pet and not on yourself. The Beast Within however is the buff you get during that, and is the same dura, so it would work =).

2nd is my pets Frenzy stacks. As a BM hunter I am constantly popping Focus Fire, but I have to wait for 5 stacks of frenzy and blizzards lighting up the icon at 5 stacks can be a second or 2 behind when my pet actually reaches 5. I am currently using HunterFocusBar for this by setting the bar to transparent and overlaying it onto yours just for the frenzy stacks, but I'd love to be able to condense this. If it is possible to track the frenzy stacks next to where the Hunters Mark reminder goes it'd be great!
    The spells are added in this next release (maybe today).

The stacks I have not implemented as of yet, I will in the near future.

Work / Code / Game / Real Life (Yes it exists and my GF makes that clear!) need to be juggled. Sorry I can't do things quicker, but I do try.

Thanks all!

EDIT: 1.83 is going to be the next public release, major things have been changed. New frame movement interface, so I recommend typing "/jsb lock" to see what you can customize even more. Debuff Alert added as well and you can move the cc icons wherever you want, and they will expand outward from the center of the screen, so no need to worry about having them expand improperly. If you put them on the screen edge, that may be goofy, but why would you, the point is to bring necessary info to the fore-front.

EDIT2: 1.83 also shows stacks on the selected important debuffs for the debuff alert. If it looks ok, and works well, I can implement the same for abilities that stack, like ready set aim, etc.
    Last edited by JSorrentino; 2011-02-11 at 10:04 PM.