Thread: JS' Hunter Bar

Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I did provide details, it killed my FPS.

User was infracted for this post
    Last edited by 3clipse; 2011-04-02 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphoric View Post
    @Deepfriedegg Your comment is so immature and off-topic it is unbelievable. I did provide details, it killed my FPS.
    Wrong. I blatantly ignored your post because you are the immature one - properly.

Your FPS dropped, sure given. You don't even comprehend why your FPS dropped. It's either another addon clashing with mine, or you didn't bother to follow the change log and upgraded from an old version to a new one.

Try turning on your "Show LUA errors" in the help section and actually learn to report what the error was before making a post as you have. When 99% of the people have no error as you stated you do (being the 1%), assuming you are right is the way to go, huh?

QQ

---------- Post added 2011-04-02 at 01:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Deepfriedegg View Post
    Eh, I am not sure I understand that. You want to display focus tick mark at 22 for Arcane instead at 44 for Chimera? Or 50 for Aimed? I dont get it

Anyways, my only other request for this addon - and after that it would become the ultimate addon - is to show Aspect icon. Or is it already possible? If yes, I just cant seem to be able to set it up.

Thanks
    OK, maybe I'm off in my presumptions, but I'm not sure how to take this....

Do you guys want an indicator to just show the current aspect somewhere, or do you want an aspect bar that allows changing aspects via click?

Thanks!

EDIT: OK, think I'm awake now... Taking this as "I would like to know my current aspect" - nothing more.

---------- Post added 2011-04-02 at 11:39 PM ----------

JS' Hunter Bar news....

I've written the indicator frame addition to the bar to display the current aspect or a circle with a slash for none. In the future I'll make it prettier.

While coding this, I decided to make it so that I can add more indicators very easily, no matter what they are, no matter what player class.

While doing this, I gave some more consideration to coding in a way to support other classes.

That conceived "Serenity". Serenity will be the new JS' Hunter Bar in the near future, supporting more classes and allowing me to correct things I never liked when I wrote the code. The options will be fully re-written and more comprehensive. Things will be divided up in groups properly.

Will this make the addon bigger? Yes and No. It will have way more in features.

Every single feature of the addon will now be modular.
    ... this means if you do not want the focus bar, don't turn it on, you can even remove the portion of the addon that supplies it, therefore never using memory that is not needed.

This will allow me to update quicker, keep code segments smaller, as well as supply others the ability to very easily write additions or mods for the addon.

I hope everyone likes the upcoming change, as it should now meet the requests and concerns that I have gotten messages and PM's about.

I will need to have new localization done for languages other than English, but that shouldn't be a big deal.

If you have feature requests, now is the time to post them, as I'll be following this threat to watch for them.

I already plan on adding in more tick marks on the focus bar that you can set yourself.

One thing that I will be doing is changing the spell selection. I am currently looking to list all known spells so that you can select from a list in the options, but I am not sure how feasible this is yet. It may end up being a spell ID lookup where you just enter the spell ID for the timer you want to create.

Hope you all like the news, looking forward to feedback.

EDIT: Oh, I will be adding ButtonFacade Support. For those that requested it in the past.

Deleted
    Some notification would be nice, when silencing shot was succesfull, like tranq shot and i miss the option "Set own Channel to spam".

But by far one of the best hunter addon.

I like the idea of making it flexible to other classes- when on my rogue I've wished I had something as nice as JS Hunter Bar for energy and ability management.

The coding is progressing nicely. Slow to start because of pre-planning of such a major project. Right now I have the configuration code in the main addon, contributing a lot to size. I will rip this out to LoD as I did before, right now I want a working prototype up and running.

Once all the functionality of JSHB is back in the new one, I will start on another class.

One thing I am changing is spells. Spell ID's are such a pain in the ass, so you will now be able to just type the exact spell name for the timer or whatever you want to add. Less guess work on the id's, easier to add in, just plain better.

By doing this re-code, I will be able to make separate modules for things like cast bars, tweaks like the right click MD, plus I'll be adding in convenience features like for jewelcrafters, Right Clicking a pile of ore to prospect it without needing to 2-click (for example, yes im a JC!).

Basically this paves the road for me to actually add things in whenever needed.

With panel skinning support and button facade support, you will be able to make changes to your heart's content.

I strongly am pushing this to be small and universal, with this change the size will be bigger, not positive of the end result though.

Zeherah from FD? Thanks for FD, love it.

10+ Year Old Account
    flippin sick azz addon dude!! GREAT JOB!! I like how your always improving it. #1 addon for sure!! THANKS!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Shadows gather when the raven swallows the day. Burning sky is extinguished as black wings fold gently about the heavens. Rest, my children, rest. For even the sun must sleep. (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by JSorrentino View Post
    Zeherah from FD? Thanks for FD, love it.
    Yep Glad you like the site! I feel the same way about your addon. I always wanted something that efficiently organized the things I needed to know as a hunter without taking up a lot of screen real estate, so when I discovered it, it was a perfect fit and I'm glad to see you're making great improvements.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeherah View Post
    Yep Glad you like the site! I feel the same way about your addon. I always wanted something that efficiently organized the things I needed to know as a hunter without taking up a lot of screen real estate, so when I discovered it, it was a perfect fit and I'm glad to see you're making great improvements.
    Thanks, any suggestions are welcome :-)

---------- Post added 2011-04-04 at 10:29 AM ----------

So, been coding with the Ace3 libs for the next full update. These are so nice it's amazing. Minor learning curves from specifically avoiding libs to save memory and code size, but these make things blend into the stock UI so much nicer.

I really wanted to add in support for templates on any panels for the first release, but it looks like it's not going to happen unless I re-touch on it and write a temporary lib for doing this. The author of ButtonFacade is adding these features to the new lib in the future. I'm going to wait on that, but still support ButtonFacade for any buttons (there are none currently) or icons. It should be a quick re-code to add the templates for the panels later.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Are there any videos, or can someone provide a video of this add on in action? I'd like to try it but I'd kind of like to see how it works a bit more than just the pictures so I can decide whether to go through and have to configure another add on as well as get rid of already configured add on's.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JSorrentino View Post
    Wrong. I blatantly ignored your post because you are the immature one - properly.

Your FPS dropped, sure given. You don't even comprehend why your FPS dropped. It's either another addon clashing with mine, or you didn't bother to follow the change log and upgraded from an old version to a new one.

Try turning on your "Show LUA errors" in the help section and actually learn to report what the error was before making a post as you have. When 99% of the people have no error as you stated you do (being the 1%), assuming you are right is the way to go, huh?

QQ

---------- Post added 2011-04-02 at 01:34 PM ----------

OK, maybe I'm off in my presumptions, but I'm not sure how to take this....

Do you guys want an indicator to just show the current aspect somewhere, or do you want an aspect bar that allows changing aspects via click?

Thanks!

EDIT: OK, think I'm awake now... Taking this as "I would like to know my current aspect" - nothing more.

---------- Post added 2011-04-02 at 11:39 PM ----------

JS' Hunter Bar news....

I've written the indicator frame addition to the bar to display the current aspect or a circle with a slash for none. In the future I'll make it prettier.

While coding this, I decided to make it so that I can add more indicators very easily, no matter what they are, no matter what player class.

While doing this, I gave some more consideration to coding in a way to support other classes.

That conceived "Serenity". Serenity will be the new JS' Hunter Bar in the near future, supporting more classes and allowing me to correct things I never liked when I wrote the code. The options will be fully re-written and more comprehensive. Things will be divided up in groups properly.

Will this make the addon bigger? Yes and No. It will have way more in features.

Every single feature of the addon will now be modular.
    ... this means if you do not want the focus bar, don't turn it on, you can even remove the portion of the addon that supplies it, therefore never using memory that is not needed.

This will allow me to update quicker, keep code segments smaller, as well as supply others the ability to very easily write additions or mods for the addon.

I hope everyone likes the upcoming change, as it should now meet the requests and concerns that I have gotten messages and PM's about.

I will need to have new localization done for languages other than English, but that shouldn't be a big deal.

If you have feature requests, now is the time to post them, as I'll be following this threat to watch for them.

I already plan on adding in more tick marks on the focus bar that you can set yourself.

One thing that I will be doing is changing the spell selection. I am currently looking to list all known spells so that you can select from a list in the options, but I am not sure how feasible this is yet. It may end up being a spell ID lookup where you just enter the spell ID for the timer you want to create.

Hope you all like the news, looking forward to feedback.

EDIT: Oh, I will be adding ButtonFacade Support. For those that requested it in the past.
    You mad bro? Lmfao.

EDIT: For the record, I tried downloading your addon, turned off all other addons except for that one, yeah, still fucking it up.

It's not the addon, works fine for my system and hundreds of others on here

so check your own setup instead of blasting one of the best addon developers around
    he takes the time to respond to and read this forum to make his addon continually better for us Hunters....

Where is it stated he's like on the top 10 of the best addon developers around? What IS a good addon developer?

Dumbass is dumb.

In other news, the addon rocks. Thanks for all the work on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyolith View Post
    Are there any videos, or can someone provide a video of this add on in action?
    JS may have a better vid, but I noticed incidentally that this guy (Mascaron on Korgath) was using it as we were searching vids to prepare for H Magmaw.

The green bars on the bottom show your MM stacks (or LnL procs) and you'll see it flash when Fire! (or LnL) procs. He's got it set for the timers to roll across the focus bar (above and below), which (I believe) is how JSB comes by default, though it's highly configurable (and intuitive) to match your pleasure.

By default (I believe) the auto shot timer bar is placed as a sliver on the bottom of the focus bar. His is on his cast bar instead (separate addon), but you'll notice the tiny text in the bottom right corner of the focus bar is the JSB auto shot timer text.

The percent # on the left side of the focus bar is the target's health.

At :53 you'll see the (draggable) Hunter's Mark notification pop up.

Atonement vs H. Magmaw

I took the time to post this because I can't imagine a better addon for managing a hunter's tools all in one simple box. And right click MD on raid/tank frames? Seriously!

JS rocks.
    Last edited by mythas; 2011-04-04 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyolith View Post
    Are there any videos, or can someone provide a video of this add on in action? I'd like to try it but I'd kind of like to see how it works a bit more than just the pictures so I can decide whether to go through and have to configure another add on as well as get rid of already configured add on's.

Thanks
    here you go:

Deleted
    JS, is it possible to replace current HP % to threat % instead?
    Last edited by mmocb75d0618b6; 2011-04-05 at 03:26 PM. Reason: added %

Please put the duration of Bestial Wrath above the bar where serpent sting is, if you haven't already done this.

Quote Originally Posted by redsunrising15 View Post
    Please put the duration of Bestial Wrath above the bar where serpent sting is, if you haven't already done this.
    This has been in for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by redsunrising15 View Post
    you can set this up yourself where you want to see it: Timer position set up - if I am not mistaken