Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Egads! You're full of win sir.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by esnar View Post
    I've read posts on the forums of ppl saying: we've got this same hard setup for the last 3 weeks! Either they are lying or you are not right.
    Its possible that he's not right, but he is basing this off actual data from WoL parses so perhaps its random or this isn't the pattern, but people claiming they got something 3 weeks in a row is unreliable if there is no actual information to show that it occurred.

Remembering my guild's drake comp for the past 2 weeks of raiding, we did have
    Nether Scion, Storm Rider, Time Warden
    Nether Scion, Storm Rider, Slate Dragon
    in that order, so this seems accurate to me, based on my minimal experiences. I'll keep an eye out this week. Worst that can happen is we prep for the wrong drakes and have to decide what we're doing ON THE SPOT, just like always.

Congratulations OP on the discovery.

I'd also recommend you make a post stating whether or not that mage on the official forums is a toon of yours or not. Obviously the mage there would say you're the same, but since the first timestamp comes from here, it needs to be this username that confirms it. People are already starting to get ugly over on the official forums :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy181 View Post
    Congratulations OP on the discovery.

I'd also recommend you make a post stating whether or not that mage on the official forums is a toon of yours or not. Obviously the mage there would say you're the same, but since the first timestamp comes from here, it needs to be this username that confirms it. People are already starting to get ugly over on the official forums :P
    Yeah, I wasn't in a position to reply to this thread until like 2 minutes ago (and unfortunately won't be again until this evening (hopefully)).

That's not my Mage.

But I also don't mind him reposting it, but I would like credit given to MMO-Champion at least.

I'm on a really terrible laptop using Wifi in the middle of city right now, so I didn't bring my authenticator, so I can't post on the official forums right now. When I get home later, I'll cross-post this statement to the official forums, if other people haven't already.

The only character I post on the official forums with is: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...c%C3%A1/simple
    Last edited by Simca; 2011-02-02 at 03:58 PM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Very interesting. Could come in handy allowing us to steamroller Halfus faster than before and get to progression bosses faster. Kudos to you!
    Let our enemies know that havoc calls and that with its song comes their end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Detroit, MI, where the weak are killed and eaten.
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Yeah, I wasn't in a position to reply to this thread until like 2 minutes ago (and unfortunately won't be again until this evening (hopefully)).

That's not my Mage.

But I also don't mind him reposting it, but I would like credit given to MMO-Champion at least.
    Maybe you didn't mind him posting it, Sim, but I was POed by it, enough to bother logging in to the official forums for the first time in months.

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    I agree.

The part I don't understand is why the US guilds are out of sync with the EU/KR/TW guilds. Is it because the beta servers were all US-hosted? (I think?)
    probably blizzad thinked that this way they could collect more different data about the encounter

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saeros View Post
    probably blizzad thinked that this way they could collect more different data about the encounter
    Yeah, I'm just slightly surprised since normal mode Halfus in blues and greens on like December 8th (first kills) would give US or EU/KR/TW guilds an advantage (depending the drakes) because that isn't exactly simple.

For balance sake, it would have avoided less QQ to just sync the entire planet to one schedule. Although, honestly, I think on December 8th, everyone was under the assumption that it was different for every raid lockout, so that's probably how Blizzard dodged that bullet.

I think all combinations are easy. my guild got the two 'hardest' combos the first two weeks and we still downed him in 5 and then 2 attempts. How much easier combinations that include the whelps are versus combinations with 3 drakes is very negligible.

This is not to say that this isn't neat or that it was cool that you figured it out.

nothing man-made is ever truly random

Deleted
    Excelent work simca!! This will be very useful to better prepare the raid composition beforehand!

And shame on mage copy past with no credit... LAME LAME... If I played in US would be there bashing him...

Deleted
    Gotta give the mage some credit, he at least changed the opening sentence /sarcasm

Anyway really nice work Simca o.o very few people out there would have goen through the effort of doing the research AND writing it up for all to see. Its a shame people like that mage do the things they do. Personally if I was you, I would be raging hard :<

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping View Post
    Nothing is ever random.
    Sept the word random
    This is gr8 for when the guild plans to start raiding

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rewn View Post
    Gotta give the mage some credit, he at least changed the opening sentence /sarcasm

Anyway really nice work Simca o.o very few people out there would have goen through the effort of doing the research AND writing it up for all to see. Its a shame people like that mage do the things they do. Personally if I was you, I would be raging hard :<
    The opening sentence was the best part of the post! :>

I think it's flattering that I found out something useful enough to be copy-pasted. It's a really lame and lowlife move, but /shrug.

As for everything else related to Halfus, I will totally make a new stickied topic with the predictions for the following weeks plus a few strategy tips, just to make it a place that people can read up on Halfus from fellow users, and post in there if they need advice on a specific combination.

right now, standing in front of halfus waiting for our 10th man and the dragons are exactly as predicted. (EU Realm). creepy
    the most useless invention in history? A Graveyard wall!
    no one on the inside is able to walk out and
    no one on the outside wants to get in willingly

Awesome and thanks for the info. On this note would anyone be able to rank which combinations are the easiest and which are the hardest? I do realize they are all easy for some guilds but we are just starting into raiding. Just basically want to know which sets we really want to avoid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a random question, After the dates are all over does it just reset? Like Example today is 20/02/2011 But it isnt on the list or do we just reset the list?