Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

@ some tanks (not all, just a minority of them)

Some of you tanks really need to learn what CC is. This is NOT wrath anymore, trash mobs in groups can actaully kill you, they need to be CCed.
    As a hunter, the only way i can effectively CC (Freezing Trap) is by firing a trap at a marked enemy first (trap pulling) but if some of you tanks dont let me do this i have no way to effectively CC,
    that will lead to more damage on you and more work for the healer.

Im not sure whether this happens regularly to other hunters or others that CC, but i want to hear people's opinion on these kind of tanks and if there are others that have similar experiances or thoughts.

15+ Year Old Account
    Depending on the group, you wont always need CC.

We like to sometimes que 3 dps from guild, and have the opposite, tanks who refuse to pull without CC while having 3 dps who are killing mobs so fast you don't need CC =\

If the tank isn't dying and the healer isn't complaining, who cares?

10+ Year Old Account
    IMO its a very situational thing. I'm a healer and non heroics can be aoe'd down no problem at this point if A. the tank has enough gear to take the hits B. the DPS can follow a kill order and doesnt just nuke whatever they feel like

If it's a heroic though, I prefer CC, but sometimes you get the group with the warrior, DK, and feral druid. And then you just do your best.

If the tank/healer can handle it and the healer isn't chugging mana potions, what's the problem?
    Mckenna 90 Holy Priest Mackenna 90 Combat Rogue
    Mckennah 90 Arcane Mage Adera 90 Elemental Shaman
    Mckennaah 89 Balance Druid Puremckenna 89 Ret Paladin
    Missmckenna 89 Survival Hunter Evilmckenna 89 Demonology Warlock
    Tankkenna 90 Arms Warrior Mckennadk 88 Frost Death Knight
    Kennaah 90 Windwalker Monk

Deleted
    If the group think CC is needed i usaly let them mark it as i usaly just mark wrong and it gets confusing lucky i only do guild runs.

But CC is hardly needed anymore in heroics.

If you need CC use it, if not it is a waste of time. However, when my GF and I que for randoms, I notice a fair amount of players that don't understand how to assist the tank or kill order. I inform them but most times they just tab target and hack away making my job harder sadly.

and some of you dps have to learn that tanks need aggro and that we need to pull the mobs away from the cc'd targets.. so please dont start dpsing at the same sec we pull.. it fucks everything up

Welcome to a PUG

Quote Originally Posted by bignhellish View Post
    Some of you tanks really need to learn what CC is. This is NOT wrath anymore, trash mobs in groups can actaully kill you, they need to be CCed.
    As a hunter, the only way i can effectively CC (Freezing Trap) is by firing a trap at a marked enemy first (trap pulling) but if some of you tanks dont let me do this i have no way to effectively CC,
    that will lead to more damage on you and more work for the healer.

Im not sure whether this happens regularly to other hunters or others that CC, but i want to hear people's opinion on these kind of tanks and if there are others that have similar experiances or thoughts.
    Ummmmm.....................Wyvern sting.......or distracting shot and kite into trap? This is how trapping used to be done before you were given nice way to throw it.

Quote Originally Posted by Galfugos View Post
    and some of you dps have to learn that tanks need aggro and that we need to pull the mobs away from the cc'd targets.. so please dont start dpsing at the same sec we pull.. it fucks everything up
    This. It's really the majority of DPSers that need to learn to play as compared to tanks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zizfizziks View Post
    This. It's really the majority of DPSers that need to learn to play as compared to tanks.
    Personally, if I feel I can tank it till it dies(I do have a shield), I'll just go balls to the wall on it.

I wouldn't ever do that on, say, a boss...but trash mobs don't hit too hard on their own.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're CC screws my vengeance! OM NOM NOM NOM

But seriously now...with a 359 item lvl tank, there is little to no CC needed for heroics. If you cannot keep the tank alive as he pops his CD's then you're just a bad healer. I'm saying this from an experience stand-point.

Reminds me when i queued as Holy Paly with my Hunter Mate. In Throne of Tides we got to the pack upstairs with 1healer, 2casters and 2melee mobs. Tank marked targets and as soon as he finished he charged in. Ofc my mate try to lay trap after but since mobs were on the move they missed it. so basicly TANK started flaming him in /p - "OMG NOOB Hunter, learn to frost trap". Then they went into argument and tank was like yeah put the trap down, and kite mob into it. Seriously when i see this type of lazy tank im just speechless.
    Or later on on the Dark Fissure Boss - Same dude was tanking boss in middle and everytime boss did a new fissure, tank would move out a bit, so boss stood in in, but not tank. Only thing he forgot was that warrior couldn't dps the boss because of that. Seriously some common sense...
    Btw. my Main is Prot Warrior.

Honestly I cannot believe hunters complaining about not being able to trap at the beginning... I played a hunter through BC without trap launcher and you just gain aggro on your mob (hunters do have a semi-taunt) and kite it into a trap, not that difficult.

As a healer I always ask my groups to not CC (when in a pug), unless we're dealing with certain Throne of the Tides pulls OR the Adept pulls in Vortex Pinnacle, which are IMO the only pulls that require some sort of control.

as a decently geared prot pala i CC as little as i can.
    Especially DM and grimbatol as i can stun half the mobs in there
    CC is usefull, but its generally really booring, and some of the healers in my guild have unlimited mana anyways
    going with a guildrun or a good pug i hardly use CC,
    The worse the group, the more the CC!
    bite me<3

10+ Year Old Account
    After I had nearly all equip ~359 as protadin, in most cases I don't need CCs on pulls, even if healer sucks(cuz of Word of Glory). All depends on tank's equip & skill, anyhow some pulls still need a CC, as Parshicurita said^^

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont think i used cc in the last 2 weeks. I Look at the healer and if he has no problem with it.
    Easy fast runs whenn ppl are in 345 gear. hcs are getting close to what it was in wotlk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by boubadoo View Post
    Ummmmm.....................Wyvern sting.......or distracting shot and kite into trap? This is how trapping used to be done before you were given nice way to throw it.
    I always end up getting raged at if i do that

As a tank, which do overgear hcs by a fair amount now, I agree on hunters should do a trap pull. Though if you want you can always place a trap and distractshoot a melee mobb so it walks into the trap.

To the cc out there, use it, if no marks are up, cc somethign and if it breaks don't bother, just show that you're capable of cc and that you'll use it if someone ninjapulls another group, I really digg ccers who just think, and cc. Say there's 3 melee and one caster add, I usualy silencepull the caster, this time though it misses and the melee charges me, then if a cc interrupt the caster or preferably sheep/other cc it, then I see that the group I'm in can act for them self as a team. this really, imo, improves the dungeon experiance, makes it more layedbackl and fun. If you overpull, np, ppl will cc.

When you enter a dungeon, check what setup you got, what's the cc avalable? Any kiters? etc. Tell ppl what to cc like "Sheep star, sap orange, banish X, nuke skull, interrupt whatever you can!" that doesn't mean you mark stuff up or cc every pack, it just means that if something happens, everyone knows what to do, what to cc and you'll came out alive from most overpulls. That is really helpful, I recomend that you bind your markers to keys though, if you tell ppl what to cc, its SO helpful

Also, if you do mark, maybe just your trap target and you cc it fine every time, maybe they'll just stop breaking it, maybe they think, "fine, if he/she's ok with ccing, then why not, he/she manages it by his/her self, I'm fine with that, then i've fewer things to handle".

Quote Originally Posted by Galfugos View Post
    Accually, in most cases that pull away from cc isn't needed any more, ppl don't do cleave dmg as much as in wrath, on two targets, for example, you don't do cleave, its more effective to go single target.

Though i see alot of use in pulling away, easier to see if stuff breaks, if they get missattacked etc, so its still a valid point^^
    Last edited by Zephire; 2011-01-30 at 02:46 PM.
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.