Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Why didn't Deathwing terrorize Northrend?

Is Northrend not a part of Azeroth? Would Deathwing not be as interested in burninizing Northrend as he is the other two continents?

If a future patch for Cata does not include a cinematic wherein Deathwing rockets into Northrend to melt Fordrangon from his ice bock atop the Frozen Throne and pit him against the players in an awesome raid encounter, then Cataclysm falls flat on it's face. Honestly, what have we seen that indicates Deathwing is a destructive madman, aside from the Cata cinematic? Most questlines don't even relate to him directly; you'd think that in a world recently torn apart by a giant dragon you'd have a majority of tasks aimed at quelling destruction or recuperating.

He doesn't want to go to Northrend. He doesn't have coldweather flying.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think from a destructive madmans point of view, that Northrend is little more than simple outposts and a heap of rotting carcasses.. The Twilight Cultists are targetting the major cities (or were, in the phases leading up to Cataclysm). I think he, being a destructive madman, seeks to strike where the hammer will hit hardest.. And that is "Old" Azeroth.
    Sometimes I will log out in Roleplaying gear, so if my stats in the image below, seem ridicoulously low, then that's probably the reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Martyn 470 View Post
    this banhammers gonna hit harder than puberty will hit justin bieber

too cold really

Deathwing hate everything which is alife so why would he hate Northrend?
    ( Northrend = zombi = dead = Deathwing heaven = joke)

Quote Originally Posted by Bossmonkey View Post
    ^ That... but something tells me that we will be heading back there for something due to Crazy Queen's shenanigans...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitPrime View Post
    Honestly, what have we seen that indicates Deathwing is a destructive madman, aside from the Cata cinematic? Most questlines don't even relate to him directly; you'd think that in a world recently torn apart by a giant dragon you'd have a majority of tasks aimed at quelling destruction or recuperating.
    You mean aside from destroying the World Pillar, destabilizing the connection between the Elemental Planes and Azeroth and threatening total collapse of the barrier between them? I'm pretty sure that was a pretty big problem he caused that we had to clean up.

As for Northrend...maybe he's afraid of zombies.

He did, we are simply not experiencing it since it would destroy WotlK

"the beast is insane"

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    As for Northrend...maybe he's afraid of zombies.
    nah he love zombies ( after all they are already you know DEAD

Deleted
    I wonder how the raid encounter will be.. cause right now he can just kill everyone in the area(map) you're in.. so i wonder how we can kill him.. he just needs to fly up and do his breath of cleanmap

Why doesn't he simply fly over org?

Quote Originally Posted by Bossmonkey View Post
    so much win in this statement
    anyway he didnt attack northrend becuase there is nothing left in northrend except dalaran...Nobody knows what happened to the lich king. Few outposts remain there with undead thaat are not doing anything atm. If anything only dalaran remains but beside the regular sorcerors most of the ppl left back to their families(this is us the player base) So old azeroth was where everything was at

Quote Originally Posted by RabbitPrime View Post
    Is Northrend not a part of Azeroth? Would Deathwing not be as interested in burninizing

i stopped reading here

Nobody lives there anymore.

He did. It's just that nobody cares.

10+ Year Old Account
    He will go to ICC and Bolvar will be there and he will be all like Icecrown was just a.......nevermind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Deleted
    Because he is hardcore player

Quote Originally Posted by Sike View Post
    i stopped reading here
    Because you're not cool enough to know of Trogdor?

15+ Year Old Account
    Too cold, he spent his recent life in a fiery pit, he'd get ill if he'd gone northrend.
    What do you think you know and how do you think you know it?

Are you conscious in the sense of being aware of your own awareness?

Deleted
    Wouldn't that be burninating?