Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Post 4.0.6: Theralions Mirror?

Had this trinket drop the other night and passed on it for the other mage in my group because Gale of Shadows atm is prettty damn awesome and mastery is a lot better for Mages at the moment. Was reading around EJ and looking at patch notes and saw the buff to mastery in 4.0.6. With this change will this trinket become viable? I saw it simcrafted at second BiS after DMC: Volcano... (pre heroic obviously).

Are the rumours trueeee??

Deleted
    Not a clue, but I didn't let it pass. +321 Intellect!

True haha. Gale of shadows is 280 haste and then 340 int (after stack up time of about 30 seconds). So Gale of shadows is still better on paper pre 4.0.6 :P

Deleted
    I only had it normal before it dropped in the raids so it was an upgrade. HC GoS never dropped for me /cry

Well, FFB fire is less than 1% away from normal fire with CURRENT mastery, so id imagine with the buff it will overtake it in 4.0.6, and +mastery will be awesome with our extra dot

Quote Originally Posted by Zombikilla View Post
    Well, FFB fire is less than 1% away from normal fire with CURRENT mastery, so id imagine with the buff it will overtake it in 4.0.6, and +mastery will be awesome with our extra dot

How about the 5% less crit on FB though? More ignite = more dot dmg making fireball keep up at least.

Edit: meant 5% crit on FB!
    Last edited by masterprtzl; 2011-01-31 at 06:16 AM.

Well 2k mastery is about 10 points. Which on PTR is about 20% more damage during meta.

If you enter Meta with the proc active then the effect lasts the full 36 seconds. If you can track the internal CD of the trinket and try to sync it with Meta then this trinket could possibly be BiS in theory.

Problem is in practice you have to move and there are transitions and of course you can't control when it procs. If it procs and meta is not up, then you gain so very little damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its good but only when lined up with Meta. And even then it seems to be worse than Bell of Enraging Resonance. Also volcano sims out to be the best trinket overall, even surpassing heroic raid trinkets (for any spec).
    Get volcano and stump of time as you'll need the hit anyways. Its probably the best combination untill you can get heroic raid trinkets.

Looks that way hey. I cant even afford DM:V at the moment and i can't be arsed farming for it. Well let the herb farming begin..

10+ Year Old Account
    Theralion's Mirror is the best trinket at its' tier except for DMC:V for destruction, heroic or no, and arguably destro gets the least out of mastery compared to any other spec. It simmed just as high for aff and demo. Yes, for demo to get max benefit you have to hit meta during the proc, but you still have the massive benefit of +321 INT and mastery does affect pet damage. For aff this is just plain awesome.

You shouldn't have passed on it.
    Eire - 50 Balance and Kinetic Combat Shadow, Master Zhar Lestin server. Ace guild

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gualdhar View Post
    Theralion's Mirror is the best trinket at its' tier except for DMC:V for destruction, heroic or no, and arguably destro gets the least out of mastery compared to any other spec. It simmed just as high for aff and demo. Yes, for demo to get max benefit you have to hit meta during the proc, but you still have the massive benefit of +321 INT and mastery does affect pet damage. For aff this is just plain awesome.

You shouldn't have passed on it.
    Actually, for affliction, it's not nearly as good as it is for destro and demo. 4.0.6 sims put it as BiS next to DMV for destro, and demo. For affliction, it's really low. Soul Casket, Witching hourglass, Bell, Heart, and alchemist stone all beat it. Mastery is pretty bad for affliction. So if you're raiding as affliction, there are much better options. On that note, blizz really needs to reevaluate mastery for affliction. They're so afraid of the pvp implications with drain soul and drain life, that I think it's always going to be a bad stat for afflic.
    Last edited by Seezer; 2011-01-31 at 09:55 AM.

Gale of Shadows is pretty rubbish really in comparison to all the trinkets available at the moment. It's not even stacking intellect, it's spell power. I've never actually had it myself - Witching Hourglass is way better because the haste proc puts me over the next threshold. The mirror is of course better because of the intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenerena View Post
    Gale of Shadows is pretty rubbish really in comparison to all the trinkets available at the moment. It's not even stacking intellect, it's spell power. I've never actually had it myself - Witching Hourglass is way better because the haste proc puts me over the next threshold. The mirror is of course better because of the intellect.
    Yeah, the intellect alone on the Mirror would make it trump Gale of Shadows.

Deleted
    One thing that should be remember is that simcraft is based upon a patchwerk style boss and has no add switch, no multidotting etc. When you look through the majority of fights they all have a large number of adds or chance to multidot. The value of mastery sky rockets when this occurs as the majority of damage will be just from your dots. However haste is still gonna trump mastery.

In terms of trinkets, when you get full raid gear its near impossible to get adequate hit, so stump of time is a great trinket, until you start to get to heroic pieces. Personally I would pick up DMV as it is BiS for every spec atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Actually, for affliction, it's not nearly as good as it is for destro and demo. 4.0.6 sims put it as BiS next to DMV for destro, and demo. For affliction, it's really low. Soul Casket, Witching hourglass, Bell, Heart, and alchemist stone all beat it. Mastery is pretty bad for affliction. So if you're raiding as affliction, there are much better options. On that note, blizz really needs to reevaluate mastery for affliction. They're so afraid of the pvp implications with drain soul and drain life, that I think it's always going to be a bad stat for afflic.
    Excuse me, you're correct. I don't play afflic much anymore, so I just assumed

And when you get full raid gear, unless you don't get a single piece of hit, you're gonna be fine after reforges.
    Eire - 50 Balance and Kinetic Combat Shadow, Master Zhar Lestin server. Ace guild

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I tend to value mastery > crit for affliction for the exact reason Pattinson stated, especially considering the many opportunities for multidotting in fights so far.
    Last edited by Lillah; 2011-02-01 at 10:34 AM.

Thanks Sokogeka<3

Yep, BiS for destro in 4.0.6, scales a bit higher then bell. But most trinkets are 50 dps apart and it also depends what kinda fight your fighting.
    ||<>||<>|| Zvix - What Went Wrong - Talnivarr Eu||<>||<>||
    ||<>||<>|| Warlock Boss Movies -10m --> Nefarian, Al´Akir, Cho'gall and others!||<>||<>||
    ||<>||<>|| http://www.youtube.com/user/zvix01 ||<>||<>|| www.talnivarr.com ||<>||<>||

A little off topic, but for the record, Gale of Shadows has stacking Spell Power. Not int.

http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=56462
    Quote Originally Posted by HopOnPop View Post
    Obviously Garrosh would win, it's like a gorilla vs a human... do you know how strong a gorilla is? He'll snap your dick off and throw it in the tall grass. Garrosh = dick-snapper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Sure. When I wake up in the middle of the night with a full tank, I just flip back the curtain and let it flow.

Deleted
    What about Ignacious Heart for destros ? I regularly see it on the lowest rankings for trinkets (specially on EJ), but maybe with the new Demon Soul it could become better : i mean, 1600 more haste for 20 seconds during a period you'll also get +30% crit don't seem that bad to me.

Since so few heroic pieces have hit on them its actually very very difficult to hit the cap without reforgable trinkets. One of the main downsides to Theralion's Mirror and Heart of Ignacious is that they can't be reforged, increasing the hit pressure on the rest of your gear and limiting gearing options significantly.
    Arbitrary - Gong Show - US Detheroc