Deleted

Question Eyefinity 5760x1080 Wallpaper

Hello there.

I'v been searching the web for a couple of hours now and I can't find any good, if even any at all, WoW theme Eyefinity wallpaper with 5760x1080 res.
    Anyone here that has one, knows where to find them, or even make them?

Thanks!

Panoramas should be fairly straightforward to make at that resolution (just Google it and I'm sure there is a tutorial somewhere) aside from that making your own shouldn't be too hard if you are even slightly photoshop savvy...sadly I don't know of any already made though sorry bud.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    I found one
    http://www.ultrawidescreenwallpaper..../orcbomber.jpg

At least, the tag is World of Warcraft: Orc Bomber.
    Yeah I found that one too, the only one though and that sucks because it's not a very epic picture :/

---------- Post added 2011-01-31 at 05:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zulandia View Post
    Panoramas should be fairly straightforward to make at that resolution (just Google it and I'm sure there is a tutorial somewhere) aside from that making your own shouldn't be too hard if you are even slightly photoshop savvy...sadly I don't know of any already made though sorry bud.
    Yeah I would love to make one myself, but I don't have the software or the time really. Besides, I'm more of a video editing guy. But I'll see if I can find one already made.

Deleted
    I found one

It's Warhammer's Orcs.

If this isn't epic enough, I don't know what is. Correct resolution too.

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/4...fwarcraftm.jpg
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    If this isn't epic enough, I don't know what is. Correct resolution too.

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/4...fwarcraftm.jpg
    Nice thanks! I've got the same one but with WoW logos under every x-pac picture or so. Thanks alot!

Here's an amazing Star Craft one of tychus.

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/6655/tychus.jpg
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Here's an amazing Star Craft one of tychus.

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/6655/tychus.jpg
    love it, now set to my wall paper!

I hate to break it to you guys, that's a Warhammer 40k wallpaper

[the bomber that is]

I found one

wrong orKs mate

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh! WE IZ ORKS!

Yeah, sorry but that is not Goblin engineering. Its Ork Mekgineering.

Ah... as I haven't posted before i cant use proper links yet

Google - Jims Widescreen Wallpapers

or go to jimswidescreenwallpapers.blogspot with a dot com on the end.

This is my new widescreen wallpaper site. Images start at 5760x1080.
    Would love for more people to send me pics that I can host.
    340+ images so far.

Check it out!!!!!!!

poor computes wasting 20% of there power to render a picre like that every frame...

go <black screen, no picture> never go back

Quote Originally Posted by Nivius View Post
    poor computes wasting 20% of there power to render a picre like that every frame...

go <black screen, no picture> never go back
    Ok if I understand this post correctly, do you mean that your computer is wasting power by displaying a background?
    True, but I doubt its anywhere near 20%, then again I have an i7 930 and 2 x GTX 480's in SLI.

As far as lcd monitors go its actually a black pixel that uses the most power. These screens have
    to force the pixels black to block the uv tube or led backlight from shining through. CRT screens are the opposite.
    Reviewers often benchmark a display by using a black, fullscreen picture when testing maximum power draw on an LCD.

Hope this tid bit O' info helps,

Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by GenocideJim View Post
    Ah... as I haven't posted before i cant use proper links yet

Google - Jims Widescreen Wallpapers

or go to jimswidescreenwallpapers.blogspot with a dot com on the end.

This is my new widescreen wallpaper site. Images start at 5760x1080.
    Would love for more people to send me pics that I can host.
    340+ images so far.

Check it out!!!!!!!
    Awesome website bookmarked it!
    CPU: I7 920 Ram: 6 GB Corsair Dominator GT
    GFX: GTX 295 MB: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R
    HD: 40 GB Intel SSD & 1 TB Caviar Black
    Others: Chip PS2 - PS3 Slim - Xbox 360 Slim - Wii - PSP 2000

Quote Originally Posted by GenocideJim View Post
    Ok if I understand this post correctly, do you mean that your computer is wasting power by displaying a background?
    True, but I doubt its anywhere near 20%, then again I have an i7 930 and 2 x GTX 480's in SLI.

As far as lcd monitors go its actually a black pixel that uses the most power. These screens have
    to force the pixels black to block the uv tube or led backlight from shining through. CRT screens are the opposite.
    Reviewers often benchmark a display by using a black, fullscreen picture when testing maximum power draw on an LCD.

Hope this tid bit O' info helps,

Jim.
    well i dont care about the actual ammount of power (electricity) it takes, who cares

a computer that have to write a HD picture like this (HD*3 even) have it kinda hard. a picture of this size are re-read, re-writen every time you MOVE a frame over it, example, move Ventrilo around, or explorer windows or anything that displays a window. the computer have to rethink what to show from your desktop picture. so he have to check what colours that came forth where your window was.

all this leads to allot of computer power wasted on crap tbh.

i also got i7 930 and 2x5850 crossfire, but still, its a waste of computer power.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivius View Post
    well i dont care about the actual ammount of power (electricity) it takes, who cares

a computer that have to write a HD picture like this (HD*3 even) have it kinda hard. a picture of this size are re-read, re-writen every time you MOVE a frame over it, example, move Ventrilo around, or explorer windows or anything that displays a window. the computer have to rethink what to show from your desktop picture. so he have to check what colours that came forth where your window was.

all this leads to allot of computer power wasted on crap tbh.

i also got i7 930 and 2x5850 crossfire, but still, its a waste of computer power.
    But unless that waste has any noticeable effect on performance, who cares? And besides, if that computing power is going towards a use, say displaying an aesthetically pleasing picture the user wants displayed, its not a waste, is it?

If you personally don't like backgrounds, then yes, to you, displaying one would be a waste. But to others it is an acceptable use of computing power.