10+ Year Old Account

Alliance Mage Race of choice for PVP?

So I recently decided to move my Undead Mage over to a server to play with my friends. Problem was, they were Alliance. After the transaction went through and I could re-customize my character, choose races and what not, it seemed like a no brainer to just pick Worgen. It was the "new hotness", and I couldn't stand the esthetics of the other Alliance races. It seemed like the right choice. Over the next few weeks I realized how useless, as a Mage, that the Racial ability "Darkflight" was to me. I feel like the 40% run speed increase is useless while playing a Mage in a PvP environment. I also cannot stand the male Worgen's casting animation. The only two things I enjoy about playing the Worgen are "Aberration" and "Running Wild". So I'm considering race changing, again. What race do you think would be best? This is the current order of what I'm considering. Your feedback would be awesome. This is purely from a PvP perspective, so consider the offensive/defensive racial abilities.

1. Night Elf - I cannot stand the male Night Elf's casting animation, but I can deal with the female version. Shadowmeld just seems too good for Mages. You can use it in conjunction with Mirror Images, or after a quick random Blink to confuse the other team, or to avoid incoming burst. I'm sure there are many other situations where Shadowmeld could be very useful for a Mage in BGs/Arenas, those were just a couple off the top of my head.

2. Human - Again, with esthetics, I cannot stand Humans after playing an Undead for so long. On the other hand, Every Man for Himself is being reverted back to two minutes which is a pretty big deal.

3. Stay Worgen - I may stay Worgen just for Aberration. The extra resistances are very useful versus any team with a Lock or SPriest on it.

4. Gnome - Escape Artist seems like it would only be really useful for a class without a lot of mobility. The extra 5% mana doesn't even register with me in terms of PvP.

5. Dwarf - I initially thought removing bleeds was the way to go, seeing as Ferals were tearing Mages apart. But their bleeds do considerably less damage now and aren't really a concern of mine anymore, especially after 4.0.6. Also, I don't expect to be doing much treasure hunting in arenas.

6. Draenei - Self heal? /shrug. Shadow resistance? Hmm.. Too ugly for me to care about the resistance. I would only play a female.

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by CoolHwip46; 2011-01-31 at 08:46 AM. Reason: Cause I wanted to! What!?

With EMFH back to a 2 minute CD, human is looking better and better, but personally I play a gnome, and with EA coming down another 15 seconds I'm sticking with it. EA is amazing when used correctly, plant a root on a rogue, warrior, DK on you, racial, and get away. And that's just slows, I can't tell you how many times I've dodged a deep freeze or mini shatter using it. Being a mage and not having to worry about stuns (IMO the biggest use for a trinket), it's as good as having another trinket for me some of the time. Human or Gnome personally.

Humans lost Perception a while ago...