Deleted

Power Word: Shield Bug / Nerf

I have posted this on the EU forums already, but it is a well known fact that no one from Blizzard directly replies to EU posts unless a blue or US player forwards the post.
    So i thought I would post here. I hope a US player reposts on Official US forums.

Power Word: Shield. This is now absorbing 22k - 24k down from 34k+ last week. It could be intended, or it could be a bug, some confirmation would be appreciated.

Prayer of Mending is not effected by Grace (8/16/24% additional healing from priest). NOTE: I was testing with the Glyph of Mending equiped.

Surge of Light proc does not make the next Flash Heal instant if the Flash Heal is already queued, it uses the proc and reduces spell cost by 100%. This is likely due to lag / delay. In this case it would be best to just make the next non queued Flash Heal use the proc.

Guardian Spirit sometimes just does not work. Tested as an emergency heal (used when target is below 5%), Half the times I cast within 2 - 3 tenths of a second before target would hit 0 HP. The CD is used, but the target dies anyway. (Tested this on live servers afterwards, where myself, the target, and the DPS killing my target all have less than 15 MS ping)

Be helpful if you posted the spec you were testing with.

15+ Year Old Account
    Surge of Light proc does not make the next Flash Heal instant if the Flash Heal is already queued, it uses the proc and reduces spell cost by 100%. This is likely due to lag / delay. In this case it would be best to just make the next non queued Flash Heal use the proc.
    This has been the case since the old SoL in Wrath.

i've had problems with GS as well, 80% of the time i use it, it doesnt work and takes up the cd... ended up dropping it from my holy spec

Pretty obvious but worth asking, you weren't by any chance testing PW:S on yourself? They reverted the 30% boost on self-shields from Imp PW:S around a week or so ago. When I logged on to PTR 2+ weeks ago, with a premade character and around 18.5~ mastery, I was getting shields in the 24-25k area. I believe you may have been reading tooltips cast on yourself, since I'm currently getting the exact same numbers I did previously.

Clemence has a good point!

Quote Originally Posted by iisdan View Post
    i've had problems with GS as well, 80% of the time i use it, it doesnt work and takes up the cd... ended up dropping it from my holy spec
    It's called server-client lag and affects every single emergency ability in game. I can't even count the times my NS heal "failed" on my Druid while triggering a cooldown. Though GS also has an extra fail component when the next hit happens before the heal and the tank dies, but that's very, very rare.
    Dropping GS is just... just... dunno, probably the dumbest thing you can do as a Holy Priest.
    Last edited by nevermore; 2011-01-31 at 12:20 PM.

Deleted
    I use GS when i can't safely mantain the tank heal, so i use it as a healing bonus and if a big dmg is coming, but trying to do it at 5% or so is very risky, atm is one of my favourite talents, and the best (and only xd) cd we have... i find it a lot better than PS. Atleast it saved the tank more often, as you dont have to foresee the dmg in the same way you need to foresee with PS.

don't drop it ^^

Deleted
    I dunno PS has saved my tanks a lot of times. I don't think one or the other is overall better, they have better situational use though.

SoL has been like that forever, if you are casting a FH back to back and the first one procs it, the second is more than likely going to eat the proc, have a cast time, and cost no mana.
    GS generally only doesn't work if I'm casting it right about the time the tank is about to die, I generally throw mine out when the tank starts getting low and the healers are clearly struggling to get him back up. He gets healed for more and for 10 seconds he can't die, and it has never bugged out on me that way. Heres to changing the GS glyph back to the original version?

Quote Originally Posted by Shamra View Post
    Power Word: Shield. This is now absorbing 22k - 24k down from 34k+ last week. It could be intended, or it could be a bug, some confirmation would be appreciated.

Mastery? Specc? A normal disc spec with all the shield improving talents?