Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    I cannot speak for everyone, but I know in my guilds that there has been a large increase on the number of people "taking a break from WoW for a while" or going on extended hiatus from the game within the past month.

Overall, this has been a pretty underwhelming expansion for most players, and with all the upcoming titles to be released in the next 3-6 months, I do expect the number of active accounts to decline. Will it kill WoW? Extremely doubtful. Will it wake up Actiblizzard to the fact they screwed up with this expansion? Hopefully.

The only thing that will actually impact them enough is when the bottom line shifts due to a drop in subscribers. Until then, they will continue tripping along merrily, blindly doing whatever they want to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    <3 All the people who completely missed the sarcasm in the original post.
    This ^^^^
    How could you fall for something that easy? Seriously? x)

cata sucks, people are leaving......face it......

Quote Originally Posted by Pushealer View Post
    The game will never die since you only need about 100K subs for it to keep going. But after only 2 months people are fed up with this expansion. It will slowly decline until 4.1, if 4.1 looks good.

People have complained in the past about wow, but never in such numbers, and never have so many outside sources(game websites/mag) come out saying the game has major issue that is making it unenjoyable.

Blizzard themselves sis doing constant damage control on how much raids/heroic 5mans suck. The head dev's solution was "get some better gear and suck less", that didnt go over so well.

---------- Post added 2011-01-31 at 05:04 PM ----------

This is not true, the game's sub has declined. We well have an accurate number in about 9 days with the quarterly report, but its under 10 million now.
    Yeah the heroics/raids suck so much that DKs wearing greens pulling 1k DPS can't get epics anymore. Quiet down with that crap, the only people complaining in droves about stuff being "hard" are the bads which nobody cares if they quit.

No, but WoW is boring for the majority of veteran players(Vanilla). However, that only consists of maybe 10%(1.2 million) of the WoW population. Cataclysm is fun and exciting (for veteran players) for around a month. It loses it's interest shortly after that...even if you are a hard core raider. How do you kill that which has no life?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by winzi View Post
    Doubt there are 12-13mil active subscribers. It's not dead, not close to dying, but the numbers flying around everwhere are surely not the entire truth. The only real major issue WoW had was Wotlk Imo. Some changes to classes was great giving more viability and improved gameplay for different specs, but as a major oveall it was bad.

But that is just my opinion.
    The gameplay was horrible, but the changes were great.

we have no information on how that number is reached.
    Do people not even read the press release? It says very clearly on each release exactly how they come to these numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by ShockASU View Post
    Yeah the 12 million subscribers should tell you something.

But I don't see WoW cracking 13-15mil. I think 12mil was the cap.
    Let's not forget that more and more people are getting acces to better computers and faster internet connection, two basic things required to make any video game enjoyable.