Question Frost mage, Staff or dagger pvp weapon?

Well hello there forum goers and pvp'ers,

This wedensday is the glorious day i shall obtain my first cataclysmic weapon, but i am confused as of what i should be looking for in terms of effective use.
    So here is the short list of pros to Staff Vs Dagger

Staff:
    Kills shaman totems in one hit (or so i heard from someone, would gladly like some confirmation as i am not sure about this)
    Staff are more mage'ish (Only other thing i could think off)

Dagger+Offhand:
    Giant intellect enchant on offhand(+100int? heard it's being nerfed next patch to something like 30 or 40 tho?)
    Enchant on main-hand (Hurricane or Power torrent)

Also to some of you high level pvp mages, do you prefer Hurricane or power torrent? more haste vs more spell power?
    CPU: I7 920 Ram: 6 GB Corsair Dominator GT
    GFX: GTX 295 MB: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R
    HD: 40 GB Intel SSD & 1 TB Caviar Black
    Others: Chip PS2 - PS3 Slim - Xbox 360 Slim - Wii - PSP 2000

Dagger + OH and get PT when you have the 272 oh

Why wait for the 272 offhand? I have not seen the stats of the good pvp stuff yet so i am just wondering :P

Quote Originally Posted by Alienmonkey View Post
    Why wait for the 272 offhand? I have not seen the stats of the good pvp stuff yet so i am just wondering :P
    Definitely dagger and offhand. I think the person meant to wait for power torrent until you have the 372 mainhand, since power torrent is really expensive. Not exactly easy to get 2200 rating however, so unless you plan on getting it quickly, might just want to put it on your 359 (if you have enough gold).

http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items=61341;61329

Staff gains:
    7 Sta
    4 Resilience (0.04%)
    4 Crit (0.09%)
    1 Spell Power

At the cost of 35 intellect (after the nerf to the OH enchant).

Dagger + OH come out on top.

Quote Originally Posted by Lackluster View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items=61341;61329

Staff gains:
    7 Sta
    4 Resilience (0.04%)
    4 Crit (0.09%)
    1 Spell Power

At the cost of 35 intellect (after the nerf to the OH enchant).

Dagger + OH come out on top.
    Cool thanks for the facts And thanks to everyone else who wrote!

the staff isnt worth getting for a single class in the game and hasnt been for 6 seasons.

all, i knew prior to this thread that the dagger + OH was better option. but i'm looking at when to switch to it. I currently have the manly staff from crucible quests and thats what i am using. I have already purchased the vicious gladiator endgame with points but it will be another week after the one about to start before i have points for the spellblade. is it worth using the endgame and a subpar dagger or should i stick with the staff?

Quote Originally Posted by Alienmonkey View Post
    Kills shaman totems in one hit (or so i heard from someone, would gladly like some confirmation as i am not sure about this)
    To respond to this specific comment, it's kind of irrelevant. Ice Lance will do more damage than any of your melee attacks with a staff. Secondly, Ice Lance is a single global cooldown where as the melee attack from a staff is significantly longer, especially considering casting any spells resets your melee attack.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goliethlol View Post
    To respond to this specific comment, it's kind of irrelevant. Ice Lance will do more damage than any of your melee attacks with a staff. Secondly, Ice Lance is a single global cooldown where as the melee attack from a staff is significantly longer, especially considering casting any spells resets your melee attack.
    Thus the dagger+OH comes out better for stabby stabby.
    BfA Beta Time