Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    When I did it on my DK, sometimes adds would get loose and beat on a healer for a bit. Sometimes I'd get Ice Tombed, and there'd be two of them on one healer... It didn't seem to be much of an issue at all for the healer until I picked them up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Okard View Post
    they took out chill of the throne, if you havent looked. Youre going to do 30% less than youre used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Lansow View Post
    There's your problem. No, I'm not trolling. My guild was trying with a very similar setup to yours(we had a shaman instead of a retadin and two pallies + resto druid instead of a priest). We got very close on many attempts, but the add tank was experiencing the exact same issue as you(namely healer aggro). It's directly related to bears having a hard time generating snap threat when more than 5 adds are within 10 yards of each other.

Our solution was to sit one of the bear tanks and swap in a pally tank. Both times we've done this we downed the boss within 2 pulls.

YMMV, but add tanking on this fight is far more difficult for druids than warrior/dk/pally.
    Our druid tank has no problem picking up the adds on this boss. Healer aggro is nothing.

Deleted
    I can see that a decent amount of people are just tanking the adds but I know for sure that our tanks had serious problems surviving, even with chaining cd's when we tried to just tank the adds on this fight.

We essentially have to have a kiter and we've only ever managed a kill with warriors tanking in my guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Damyou View Post
    I can see that a decent amount of people are just tanking the adds but I know for sure that our tanks had serious problems surviving, even with chaining cd's when we tried to just tank the adds on this fight.

We essentially have to have a kiter and we've only ever managed a kill with warriors tanking in my guild.
    Our druid tank or Pala tank have no problem tanking 9 adds. I never knew you could kite them.

Same with magmaw 10 man our druid tank tanks the adds. By time new ones spawn the old adds are dead. Druid tank doing 20k+ dps.

Quick tip - Magmaw adds dont need to be killed and are best kited by a frost DK or similar - free up the dps for the boss.

As for Add tanking on Maloriak - i can understand why a druid tank would have issues with only one taunt - however as somone has stated if you get a misdirect from a hutner for one side each pull then you really should not need to run about, and with swipe and thrash, and tab lacerate/mangle there is no rason for a mob to go for healers. Trust the MD to work - and stay still and concetrate on agro on the adds at you and on the new ones when they reach you. If you have issues remembering which ones are new then mark them as they come to you.