Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Birdemic, okay, I'm sorry, thats more of a comedy than horror.

Deleted
    Go for Scream 1,2,3,4

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember watching Hellraiser when I was younger. FML - couldn't sleep for several nights ;_;

Deleted
    "1408" is a great movie. It's not one of those "holy-shit-there's-a-monster-behind-you"-type of horror movies, but goes for more of a creepy atmosphere.

You should watch it!

Friday the 13th ftw, all of em... NOW!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mnevis View Post
    I freaked the $%# out of my little sister one time by watching Stephen King's IT when my parents were out.
    Good stuff, I watched that when I was young with my big bros when I was in blackpool, next again day my parents took us to the circus...Was horrible, yet so exciting

Some best horror movies are as below:

- Evil Aliens
    - The Book of Eli
    - Piranha
    - The Wolfman
    - The Crazies

Here are some horror movies that i enjoyed;

-Texas Chainsaw Massacre ( original only )
    -Jaws ( nightmares for months after i watched this, all i could see was the big black eye )
    -Martyrs ( was good, the ending is really messed up, but it made me really think about stuff )
    -It ( another one that scared the crap out of me as a little kid..."cause they all float down here")
    -High Tension ( entertaining )
    -Last house on the Left (original)
    -Audition (Takeshi Miike, need i say more)

Someone brought up a french film, where their were riots in france and this group of ppl that were running and ended up at a motel/house filled with cannibal nazis...the movies ok but the ppl screaming the whole damn movie got on my nerves. Not just once or twice, but for mins at a time, nothing but blood curdling screams just got dumb.

Good horror movies really depend on your mood. I watch ghost/possession/demon movies when i am in the mood for some uggh moments when i am waiting for stuff to pop out. I watch campy stupid ones like evil dead when i am in the mood for a laugh. I watch the slasher/serial killer ones when i am in the mood to watch ppl (usually the victim) finally say enough is enough and kick ppls ass like devils rejects and descent.

I will think of some more as the day goes and update/edit later when i get home

Rec 1&2 as someone mention. Watch the Spanish versions tho... Can`t imagine the American version being any good.

ThanksKilling
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...monzi/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Crokey View Post
    You know you just wrote 7 paragraphs about some people you have never met, playing a computer game in a way you disagree with?

All the horror movies I know are already said by everyone...

Deleted
    Not necessarily Horror: Scary movies not yet mentioned in this thread (I think):

- Irreversible (2002) just very unsettling, violent and sad.

- Taxidermia (2006) hate it, it's so disgusting.

- Eraserhead, Mulholland Drive (basically all movies by Lynch)

- Jacob's Ladder (1990) I couldn't watch it to the end.

- Pi (1998)

- Primer (2004)

- Videodrome (1983) and eXistenZ

- The Cell (2000) highly underrated.

- Solyaris (1972) Brilliant movie, slow, but ... uncomfortable?

- Hour of the Wolf (1967) aka Vargtimmen, eerie and creepy.
    Last edited by mmoc793587eee1; 2011-08-04 at 10:05 PM.

Horror Movies suggestions

So its coming to halloween again!

Now I've got a movie night planned this year and ofcourse its going to be horrors, now comes my dilema, I need a couple of film ideas, That aren't top hend Gory, but heavy on the scare factor any suggestion? ( I would also be greatly apperciatve if you could inbox me the name as well, as Im rather short on time tonight)

Thanks!
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

You should check out American Horror Story, while its not a movie (its a show) it just aired. Its pretty interesting to say the least.

Well for starters... for being so awful and cheesy (probably why I liked it), I sorta liked Drag Me To Hell.

And while it's not a horror movie, you should invest some time into watching Hocus Pocus!

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Paranormal Activity 1 & 2!

Suspiria.

Assuming you don't mind non-American horror movies, this one is perfect. Great sense of atmosphere and mood, and only violent in a couple spots(and nothing super extreme either).

Just check out asia versions of some horror movies, since they're more horrifying then american ones.
    Like to cantonese version of the grudge. There are plenty of "top X lists" on the internet. Just check youtube for some trailers, since I don't know into what kind of horror genre your are.

Guinea Pig. I think it was the 2nd part....smth with flesh in its name. Dunno if its the right thing for your evening since I dount this pretty "hard". Else I got no real clue about horror movies since I prefer splatter. If you dont mind those then I can vouch for Braindead (the mother of splatter :P). And for a bit more psycho movie, "I spit on your grave", just a brilliant revenge movie

10+ Year Old Account
    Go watch Grave Encounters, that scared me shitless.