Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Resto Shamans are the bane of an Affliction Lock's existance. Dispel everything, hide tremor totems where they're hard to get to while your partner keeps the Lock snared so he can't get to the tremor totem to knock it down.

Warriors are brutal against us too, due to having every tool in the game to shut us down and stick on us permanently.

I'm not sure what scenario you're talking about here, but if you're talking 1v1 then the only class that truly counters a Warlock would be a Unholy DK. They have all the tools they need to shut down a Warlock even if the Warlock is kiting him perfectly. The fact that the Lock can never stop moving so he can't get any cast times off (or risk the DK closing the distance and just melting face) means the Lock won't be doing much dps, meanwhile the DK will have an enraged pet beating the Lock down and shooting death coils, icy touches, pet stuns, and even a well timed Strangulate to keep the Lock from getting much damage off.

Warlocks are an interesting class in a team scenario. They aren't very dangerous if they have a melee on them, but they aren't exactly squishy which makes them difficult to bring down. The difference between a good Lock and a bad Lock is how well they can perform when being focused.. how good they are at juking, balancing offense and defense, while still being able to land those Fears between interrupts.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thank god tremor is going to have a 1 minute cooldown.

R.I.P. YARG

in a 1v1.. any class can beat anyone depending on luck and other factors.. but THIS GAME IS NOT BASED ON 1V1.

take death knight for example..
    anti magic shield and silence and mind freeze and chains of ice when the warlock puts his port down so completely negates it.

rogue..
    cloak.. ambush cheap shot rah rah.. vanish go again..

mage..
    ice block x 2.. deep freeze/fire stun disorient.. then they can blick away and evocate back to full..

druid/shaman resto..
    dot you up then run away and pillar hump and dispel everything because dots dont do much and UA is underpowered

but see the game is based on arena.. so get another person and yell at them if you feel like it..
    "A real man makes his own luck" - Billy Zane, Titanic.

Deleted
    sometimes feels like teams like shadowcleave/TSG arent balanced at all..

A proper unholy DK should be raping the fuck out of an affliction warlock for one, good warriors definetely have the upper hand, sub rogues will just outheal the warlock for 5mins+ untill he finally goes down.

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin View Post
    Thank god tremor is going to have a 1 minute cooldown.
    And it's only going to last what? 6 seconds? Completely immune to fear for that 6 seconds, but I'd rather that than completely immune to fear FOREVER

Any good player can kill a skilled lock . So if u cant you're not doing it right.

Deleted
    Iv trying to learn how to beat the most skilled rogue in our realm (Jimmyeh) But no, i just cant do it.

Me: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...AEous/advanced

Jimmyeh: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...mmyeh/advanced
    Last edited by mmoc5818d51e0a; 2011-02-02 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by atrocious View Post
    Iv trying to learn how to beat the most skilled rogue in our realm (Jimmyeh) But no, i just cant do it.

Atrocious... u never saw more then 1802 rating... the rogue is a glad that saw 2.9k rating....
    ofc u will never beat him. Mayb if he has 1 hand and a blind eye u have a chance:P

Deleted
    Problems as a lock:

1. Unholy DK
    2. Warrior
    3. Nothing more

Deleted
    4.0.6 patch notes beats an affliction lock 60% of the time, every time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakic View Post
    4.0.6 patch notes beats an affliction lock 60% of the time, every time.
    I am fairly confident that he is talking about us at the current state, come patch we will bend over and take it in the arse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarokex View Post
    in a 1v1.. any class can beat anyone depending on luck and other factors.. but THIS GAME IS NOT BASED ON 1V1.

take death knight for example..
    anti magic shield and silence and mind freeze and chains of ice when the warlock puts his port down so completely negates it.

rogue..
    cloak.. ambush cheap shot rah rah.. vanish go again..

mage..
    ice block x 2.. deep freeze/fire stun disorient.. then they can blick away and evocate back to full..

druid/shaman resto..
    dot you up then run away and pillar hump and dispel everything because dots dont do much and UA is underpowered

but see the game is based on arena.. so get another person and yell at them if you feel like it..
    i agree with most of your points, but the one regarding rogue i simply dont get, if suggest waiting for ALL your cds every time you reset the lock will have them too therefor it doesnt help, if you make a short reset with recuperate running the warlock will simply use harvest souls and spawn VW the detection from a VW is so great that even as sub if can be hard. most locks use Succu in duels so this points is kind of irelevant, if you have ever seen a muti rogue reset with his 1 vanish and 1 cloak and win the locks was obviously retarded. if you have ever seen a lock recieve a full damage dance (only ambush and evis spam) you wouldnt belive the rogue could ever win. TLR reseting the fight simply doesnt help the rogue more then it helps the lock.

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently with 3.7k resilience and demonarmor up I outheal anything when i'm under 25% hp.
    Ur best chances are trying to get the lock low hp, then use interupts, stuns, silences at 25% hp so u dont have to look at 10k+ hps

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonP View Post
    feral druid will do fine against them.

i'm arm or fury warrior . i tried both

but i can't kill them most of the time...
    normally till 20% after i blow all my CD on him even enrage regeneration.
    i pummel all casting whenever it's up.

=/

armory me if u want

arm - single axe , fury - duel axe.

both spec i tried , fury is the one that brought him down to a reasonable health.

i can't go beyond 50 or below using arm spec =/

plankasaur - barthlias
    haha I'm on barthilas too, so you run dk- war for 2s? something I've always wanted to try, but can't seem to find a dk to do it with,

the idea of beating a warlock as warrior is you have to time your burst right, if you try play constant dmg its not gonna work as they have such great leeching power time when you are going to burst, when you do lay every thing you can on it ( recklessness is what I'm hinting )

takes practice

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by atrocious View Post

you can beat him very easily if you play correctly.

I'm not particularly well geared at the moment, but 1vs1 I can hold my own against most classes on my afflic lock. Ferals are definitely the class I avoid most, as they generally tear me apart fairly efficiently. Well played DKs can also be a pain.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imbashiethz View Post
    you can beat him very easily if you play correctly.
    I would like to see how you do it.