Poll: Brnig it back, or too late to try?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Bring back Anathema/Benediction!!

So, I'm finally getting around to leveling my priest. I was specifically saving this class for Cata, so I would have a caster to level a Worgen with. I'm taking my time with it, and Smite-spamming my way through dungeons as Disc. I hit 50 earlier today, and decided to check up on a piece of old awesomeness that I've been meaning to get on this character... the switch-stick. Anathema and Benediction.

...only to discover that they are no longer available.

Now, normally, I'd just shrug something like this off, and go about my merry way, but my guild's name happens to be Anathema, and I'm a great fan of the lulz associated with running around and doing lowbie dungeons, wielding the staff.

So this is my attempt at massing the... er... masses, and uniting them behind me for the purpose of bringing it back!!

After all, it worked with the hunter bow. >_>
    "It was the product of a mind so twisted, it was actually sprained." -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by nurabsal View Post
    on an aside, i think Bane Falcon might be my hero
    2-2-2012. We shall always remember the day where Paladins ascended through the Light to become GODS.

Deleted
    Because I have the original staff already, I'd much rather want a revamped level 85 version.

Quote Originally Posted by Skinner View Post
    Because I have the original staff already, I'd much rather want a revamped level 85 version.
    i second that, oh yes please :3
    ››yeah, here used to be a signature once. I've must lost it somewhere in the twisting nether... still waiting for the mail from the postmaster.

If they do bring back a revamped anethema (like they have with tons of old items before it) it would only be logical for it to drop in Molten Core's counter part, Firelands which is the next tier raid instance. I didn't know they had removed it from the game though which sucks because I have the quest item on my pally from a lvl 80 solo, but never got around to running for it on my priest lol daaammmnnnn

Deleted
    It's not gonna happen tho, no more class restricted items. (Yes, yes, I know. Shadowmourne had class restrictions, but that was only to keep hunters from taking it!!)

There's going to be a caster legendary introduced within this expansion, most likely a staff restricted to Mage, Warlock, Priest and Druids (again, to keep it away from those darn hunters). It is, however, not going to be Anathema.

It's not gonna happen tho, no more class restricted items. (Yes, yes, I know. Shadowmourne had class restrictions, but that was only to keep hunters from taking it!!)

There's going to be a caster legendary introduced within this expansion, most likely a staff restricted to Mage, Warlock, Priest and Druids (again, to keep it away from those darn hunters). It is, however, not going to be Anathema.

Eh, I'm not looking for them to make new class restricted items. I just want to be able to have the option at the old ones that I missed out on due to saving this class for Worgen. >_>
    "It was the product of a mind so twisted, it was actually sprained." -Douglas Adams

2-2-2012. We shall always remember the day where Paladins ascended through the Light to become GODS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol i thought anathema the band :X

Quote Originally Posted by schoenkid37 View Post
    If they do bring back a revamped anethema (like they have with tons of old items before it) it would only be logical for it to drop in Molten Core's counter part, Firelands which is the next tier raid instance. I didn't know they had removed it from the game though which sucks because I have the quest item on my pally from a lvl 80 solo, but never got around to running for it on my priest lol daaammmnnnn
    well they DID say the first legendary for cata was gonna be caster dps
    and its sposed to be implemented in the next major content patch.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay lads, what I really would like... Is epic epics back in game, one for each class, or one for each role/spec. Like a str 2 hander (sword imho), caster dps staff (Aye, anathema much?), healing weapon (I'd love an epic looking mace <3), and an axe or mace or fist weapon for shammys and rogues, a 2 hander staff or polearm for droods/hunter, aswell as a tanking item, and yes, yes I want a shield, please Blizzard, give me an epic lorewise, smoothlooking shield for tanks!

Ofcourse all these items would take alot of mats grinding, from raids and professions, but they'd be epic, like... Not legendary, and not epic, but... Superepic... /gief
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Dear Bahumut5 and other moderators trying to make users think I'm a girl, please have a giant cup of go fuck yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    and this is why countless people did this quest a day before cataclysm was launched
    [/CENTER]

I Keep mine because I worked hard for it so it means a lot to me but I Have no idea why anyone who didn't have to put work into it would want it, I have no desire to do any quest for weapons I will not use on my alts but I guess we all play the game for different reasons

Deleted
    If that happens, I'll be sad if Rhok'delar/Lok'delar (or whatever the staff is called) won't return for hunters in a level 85 version :<

I think they will make MC a 85 raid so don't worry, they would/should bring back 85 versions of the quests... and I wouldn't say no to each class getting a epic chain of quests to do for a class based weapon. It would be the best thing ever since sliced bread!

I was in the same boat as the OP. I farmed up the eye of shadow from the demons at darkwhisper gorge. 2x. I was saving it for when I made a worgen priest. Much to my dismay, I heard that they removed the eye of divinity. This makes me sad. They could have kept it in, but made the eye of shadow drop from demons elsewhere. /sigh

Quote Originally Posted by xiza View Post
    i second that, oh yes please :3
    yesssssssssss! I love those sparklies that say "HEY HIT ME!" in pvp :P
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Loxley View Post
    Lol i thought anathema the band :X
    <3 Anathema the band.

I love the staff too, and it's definitely one of my most valued items that I'll never delete because I remember all the hard work I did farming the Eye of Shadow way back when we were running MC. I still think it's one of the best weapon models in game. I wouldn't mind if they decided to make an updated version, and I think Firelands would be the appropriate place to put such a weapon, but it really would be a travesty if any other class but Priests could use it. As such, if they were to do it, I'd prefer the drop be a quest item and provide a few different class specific rewards, rather than just a single reward for just a single class after a chain, that are updated versions of the old MC class-specific items.

Bring back all the epic class reward questlines plz

It was a lot of flavor for the classes. hell, the main reason I enjoyed leveling my lock was because of those questlines...

Deleted
    Archeology will bring it back eventually.

Ewww, digging for crap =/= the epic questlines

Quote Originally Posted by ODDLAWL View Post
    and this is why countless people did this quest a day before cataclysm was launched
    Kinda hard to do the quests on my WORGEN priest the day before Cata launched.