Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

WoW: Separate PvP from PvE in two different games?

This is just a idea that came to my mind... nothing serious but hey, I would like to share it with you.
    So my idea was to divide wow in two different games: a PvE one, and a PvP other. Yeah.. this may sound strange, but it would fix/add this:

-PvE and PvP disacording (PvE gear always messing PvP, and the other way around)
    -Unbalancing isses due to keep balanced PvE and PvP.
    -Focused better on PvE or PvP, making it a better experience. PvP realtime ladders, tournaments, more kind of PvP games, without really caring about the lore.. (i mean scenarios, obv from wrcraft, but well, you can figure what i mean, yeah sorry loremasters..), so you could start on this game with a basic pvp gear, and then you still needed to farm honor to get better gear, tol barad, etc.. well, just like how its now, but more pvp-based.
    -PvP World, where you fight for something interesting, or just for fun.. something like an arena with treasures in the middle, and ppl has to kill between them in order to get them, and they would reward you with pvp items, obv.. or big pvp fields where people just would mess around killing others. Guild vs Guild defending each ones castle (something like: steal the relic of the opposite guild placed on its castle)
    -Same for PvE, I dunno, I don't enjoy doing PvE, but you won't get your asses kicked while in front of a raid or w/e.
    -Maybe a chance to transfer your char from one game to other.. the games would be different on somethings like skills / stats or things like this for balancing stuff, but your char transfered would be adapted to the new game, and replacing the PvP gear, for PvE (starter gear).
    -Although they would be two different games (PvE and PvP games I mean), things wouldn't be so different... no new classes or talents threes, just some skill modified, or 1 o 2 different spells from one to other, nothing serious tho.
    -I would prefer to be it this way because I would like to play wow as a hardcore pvp game, with real hardcore pvp game features. And where the gear isn't that important, but skill (ofc gear would be, but not like now).

These are the things that came to my mind... what do u think?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    If they separate it, I'm out. Really. Am bored right now and am gonna leave as soon as Rift is released but if they do this, I'm out without looking back.
    Why are you bored and why would you be out?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracken56 View Post
    Why are you bored and why would you be out?
    Don't ask this question - the board is flooded enough with QQ posts about WoW and Cata. Just ignore and move on imho.

As far as your idea though....meh don't personally like it. If you take PvP outta WoW....then why have 2 factions? Why have them unable to communicate? Why have different places for them to go? Etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockASU View Post
    Don't ask this question - the board is flooded enough with QQ posts about WoW and Cata. Just ignore and move on imho.

As far as your idea though....meh don't personally like it. If you take PvP outta WoW....then why have 2 factions? Why have them unable to communicate? Why have different places for them to go? Etc.
    well, i get your point but theres no need to kill the other faction, in fact, you just do it if you want to. Why there are different human races? (In RL), cultures and such? well same as wow, it has been made this way.. as i said i made this on a pvp point of view.. if you want the idea could be to make a wow pvp game, and keep the original.

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    If they separate it, I'm out. Really. Am bored right now and am gonna leave as soon as Rift is released but if they do this, I'm out without looking back.
    believe on this one.

I smell fail.

I smelled fail at AION,Warhammer and DCUO(which got a 7 out of 10 from gamespot and pretty much sux on PCs)

Rift will fail too.

15+ Year Old Account
    terrible idea. as much as i dont like that arena did to class balance, splitting into two games would make wow die faster than anything else
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    terrible idea. as much as i dont like that arena did to class balance, splitting into two games would make wow die faster than anything else
    it may kill wow, but also may attract other players interested on a better balanced pvp game

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    believe on this one.

I smell fail.

I smelled fail at AION,Warhammer and DCUO(which got a 7 out of 10 from gamespot and pretty much sux on PCs)

Rift will fail too.
    i highly doubt that u played the beta and this game is getting far more hype than any others before it... and... its actually good.... more and more people are changing theirs minds with wow declining (i mean come on... look at the posts have sky rocketed in the past 3 weeks about wow is getting old blah blah(which i agree with) while rift has gotten more of the spot-light... people are pre-ordering a month before the game has come out... DCUO wasnt getting THIS much hype when it was showed ALOT more by the company than rift...

of course rift wont kill wow... thats impossible we should all know this... but it will surely weakin it no doubt and then wow can kill itself later...
    i give wow 2-3 yrs tops... before people start leaving faster than they are now... hell maybe sooner if rift takes the eyes of the hardcore... and keeps going even after that "new mmo freshness" wears off as some people say...

ive seen a good amount of people say they are only playing wow to hang out with RL friends or just good in-game friends... well what if those RL friends go to rift? i know atleast 3 of my friends that i talk in to in skype on a regular basis said they already pre-ordered rift and 1 other who is thinking about renewing an account because he played the last rift beta and had a blast... chain reaction incoming? when i played the last beta aswell and i havent renewed my wow acc since...
    Last edited by Omegadark; 2011-02-01 at 04:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh god don't them ideas... I can see Kotick's dollar-sign eyes already.

"THATS BRILLANT! Put all the features into seperate games and change $15 a month each! AND make them re-purchase all the expansions! Just call it WORLD OF PVP, BURNING CRUSADE PVP, WOTLKPVP and CATAPVP! ITS GENIUS."

Obligatory picture of him awarding you your trophy of genius ideas.

The trophy is out of a gumball machine, btw. No use spending real money on his player base. ;D
    Last edited by Oneirophobia; 2011-02-01 at 04:23 PM.

They do not have to seperate the gamee. There is an easy fix to balance it as close as you can get.

All instanced pvp goes by pvp rules on abilities and balanced therein.
    This would be all bg's and arenas.

Everything else. World pvp, pve, dungeons and raids would follow pve balancing.

Blizzes excuse is players are not smart enough to learn abilities do different things. Guess what they already force it on us in a halfass manner. Guess we just need to rally all the players and spam the shit out their forums, email and ingame tickets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hammybiter View Post
    They do not have to seperate the gamee. There is an easy fix to balance it as close as you can get.

All instanced pvp goes by pvp rules on abilities and balanced therein.
    This would be all bg's and arenas.

Everything else. World pvp, pve, dungeons and raids would follow pve balancing.

Blizzes excuse is players are not smart enough to learn abilities do different things. Guess what they already force it on us in a halfass manner. Guess we just need to rally all the players and spam the shit out their forums, email and ingame tickets.
    What about when you target a player or enter a combat with him changing your spells? Lol this would fix world pvp too.

---------- Post added 2011-02-01 at 05:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    Oh god don't them ideas... I can see Kotick's dollar-sign eyes already.

"THATS BRILLANT! Put all the features into seperate games and change $15 a month each! AND make them re-purchase all the expansions! Just call it WORLD OF PVP, BURNING CRUSADE PVP, WOTLKPVP and CATAPVP! ITS GENIUS."

Obligatory picture of him awarding you your trophy of genius ideas.

The trophy is out of a gumball machine, btw. No use spending real money on his player base. ;D
    Why would you play both at the same time? Re-purchease expansions? well I didn't say anything of these things so.. speculation is up to you. I've just given my ideas, you don't need to be a pussy tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracken56 View Post
    What about when you target a player or enter a combat with him changing your spells? Lol this would fix world pvp too.

---------- Post added 2011-02-01 at 05:34 PM ----------

Why would you play both at the same time?
    Oh yeah I forgot, people either only PvE or only PvP, no player exists that enjoys both.

Re-purchease expansions?
    I'm pretty sure you wouldn't release a game that features the races/class of three expansions plus all the work and resources thats gone into balancing said classes since the release of the original game, for the price of the original game. Why would anyone just starting WoW buy Vanilla WoW, BC, WOTLK, and Cataclysm if they could just buy your WoWPVP and have Goblins, Blood Elves, Draenei, all the expansion's profs (assuming these would even be involved in a PVP only game) Death Knights and Worgen for a lesser of the price.

Or, what, just make the cost of WoWPVP the price of the full PvE game? I'm sure so many people would pay $100+ for a single game.

Also isn't 'pussy' associated with cowardice? I think the term you're looking for is pissy.

The amount of hype Rift is getting is equal to pennies compared to the hype warhammer got. Additionally, Rifts' storyline is tripe, if not downright cheesy. Being "chosen" or w/e will lose significance when you notice all the other players are as "special" as you.

Back to the OP's topic; "like an arena with treasures in the middle." We have that, its called gurubashi arena.

Introducing any significant amount of gear (or upgrades) in game with as much variety of class/skills as WoW will always result in constant imbalance and people crying and whining.

Your idea would result in the death of rp-pvp servers and I rather enjoy killing alliance on an open field of war without BS objectives like capping flags.

Blood for Hellscream!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    Oh yeah I forgot, people either only PvE or only PvP, no player exists that enjoys both.

I'm pretty sure you wouldn't release a game that features the races/class of three expansions plus all the work and resources thats gone into balancing said classes since the release of the original game, for the price of the original game. Why would anyone just starting WoW buy Vanilla WoW, BC, WOTLK, and Cataclysm if they could just buy your WoWPVP and have Goblins, Blood Elves, Draenei, all the expansion's profs (assuming these would even be involved in a PVP only game) Death Knights and Worgen for a lesser of the price.

Or, what, just make the cost of WoWPVP the price of the full PvE game? I'm sure so many people would pay $100+ for a single game.

Also isn't 'pussy' associated with cowardice? I think the term you're looking for is pissy.
    well i dont enjoy pve, and i know many ppl that either do it, so im assuming that irony is wrong.

and for the expansions things, I've found on the internet sites that sell all wow expansions and vanilla in a pack of 50€, you forgot that it has been a lot since all of these expansions and their price has been reduced?, also, people that already owned a copy of wow + all expansions would be able to purchease it cheaper?
    and man, this is not my issue, i'm talking about game mechancis n stuff, let the prices alone.

Also, english is not my main language, and i dont usually speak it (I dont play on english speak realms), so i dont really know the meaning of these words that usually appear on urban dictionary.. pussy sounds cool anyways

---------- Post added 2011-02-01 at 07:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by planetchips View Post
    The amount of hype Rift is getting is equal to pennies compared to the hype warhammer got. Additionally, Rifts' storyline is tripe, if not downright cheesy. Being "chosen" or w/e will lose significance when you notice all the other players are as "special" as you.

Back to the OP's topic; "like an arena with treasures in the middle." We have that, its called gurubashi arena.

Introducing any significant amount of gear (or upgrades) in game with as much variety of class/skills as WoW will always result in constant imbalance and people crying and whining.

Your idea would result in the death of rp-pvp servers and I rather enjoy killing alliance on an open field of war without BS objectives like capping flags.

Blood for Hellscream!
    yeah but nobody goes there because it has a creepy trinket inside

Ofc course something would be unbalanced, but not the half there are now.

the problem is that I cant kill alliance on an open field of war, because world pvp doesnt exists

I've recently thought that it would be nice to keep PvE and PvP talents and ablities separate (as in have different damage values, cds, etc)....it would be very easy to balance PvE IMO, which is the easier to balance anyways, and this would make PvP a lot better as there is a huge difference between the best class/specs and the not so great ones. As for an entirely different game....doesn't sound very good to me.

There is a game with the feature you have mentioned but sad to say, this is now the trend for online games. Most players do anticipate raids in between quests and travels. So why do they think about it, it's fun actually. Even when you get to lose some of the time, eventually you can even up the battle when you're fully geared up. No personal issues, it's just for fun.
    Last edited by damxi; 2011-02-16 at 02:17 PM.

I think having separate versions of abilities for PvP/PvE would go a long way towards making the game more enjoyable for a lot of people. It's so much easier to balance skills in PvE when you don't have to worry about making them OP/lame in PvP, and vice-versa. Guild Wars did it, why can't World of Warcraft?

Hey, That Wasn't The most Retarded Post, But still. If you want More PvP with Fucking ''Castles'' Go Play Fucking Linage 2 or ''Beauty-Gay Aion''... But in overall that sounds pretty sane, at least better then ''AMG i saw an OLD GOD in Darkshore'' Post, and still im happy that you dont Work for Blizzards nor Activision.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    believe on this one.

I smell fail.

Rift will fail too.
    I can say with my unbiased opinion, RIFT is better than WoW. It offers everything WoW has to offer, and more minor improvements. Although I wont play any of them because they both have the same boring generic quest system that nobody bothers to read, and have a terrible story.

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    +1 Good opinion
    It's All About The Fun !