Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by nitrizzle View Post
    Posting from Townsville: no fatalities or injuries reported anywhere. A woman even gave birth in a evacuation centre so were +1 on nature right now.
    I almost want to sig this. I don't know why but this made me laugh for a good 5 minutes.

Also, wishing all of you in Australia the best. My location in Kansas got hit by the Snowpacalypse, so we're dealing with nature as well (Granted, on a much less severe scale.)

10+ Year Old Account
    as an avid mmo champion visitor from sydney australia, this thread almost brought a tear to my eye....

while i know aussies play wow, and visit this site, its just great to see support from players all over the world.

mmo champion along with wow keep me sane and this thread has just boosted my belief that gamers, while are generally little fuckwits, can be nice and caring and show genuine concern.

thank you to the OP. and to the one idiot that wrote "ah well your dead"

i hope you suffer some sort of tragedy like this and that you get the same retarded attitude you have displayed here, its people like you that ruin this world.

looks like we got away with it, no reported fatalities so far

15+ Year Old Account
    As others have said, it seems so far there hasn't been a single fatality which is just phenomonel.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-12351647

Unfortunately there is 180,000 homes without power and the damage hasn't been fully assessed yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinner563 View Post
    Those in the know, know it's 2038 we have to be terrified about. /tinfoilhat

OT: GL to the Aussies. They have had a shitty month or so havn't they?
    Apophis will get us in 2029 first.

OT: I live a couple hundred km's south of where yasi hit and we havent had so much as a fart today from mother nature, and yeah I was releaved to turn on the news this morning and see that no one had been killed, that thing was huge.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

Quote Originally Posted by Malefic View Post
    As someone that believes the Mayans were some serious people, and have researched alot into 2012 theory, I believe the end is nigh people, the end is nigh.
    I've also done my research, and I firmly believe that the universe doesn't care about humanity's arbitrary systems of measuring time.

On a more informative note, the Mayan calendar is based on the number 13. December whatever 2012 is, in their calendar, 13 13s... Essentially their version of y2k.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malefic View Post
    As someone that believes the Mayans were some serious people, and have researched alot into 2012 theory, I believe the end is nigh people, the end is nigh.

I do hope that was sarcasm, because the Coral Reef has warm temperatures that flow out to the sea, which causes a cyclone to build up. That's how QLD gets all these cyclones, completely nothing to do with Mayan theories.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    I do hope that was sarcasm, because the Coral Reef has warm temperatures that flow out to the sea, which causes a cyclone to build up. That's how QLD gets all these cyclones, completely nothing to do with Mayan theories.
    Adding to that, only QLD was affected -- it's not an Australia-wide disaster. Thanks for the wishes though, I has family living in QLD, luckily they were smart and evacuated.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    I know how the cyclones are formed, I'm not saying that its the Mayan theories 'causing them. I am saying the theories say these world disasters happen more frequently and more disasterous, leading upto a point in December 2012 where ' something ' happens. I wasn't saying the theory was 'causing them to happen, but simply stating the theories say they're going to happen. (That, in my eyes is what has happened the last 5 years, natural disasters are happening more frequently and they're certainly becoming more disasterous, for example Haitu earthquake, the Asian Tsunami back in '05 (I think)) Also I'm fully aware natural disasters are going to happen, theories or not. ( Before anyone posts saying that)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Luminar View Post
    Oh crap I completely forgot about Yahtzee. He lives in Brisbane, right? Well bugger, that's pretty close to Cairns. Hope he and everyone else gets out alright.
    he mentioned some about the flooding in his minecraft video but he released another one yesterday so i dont think it ruined all to much.