Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Am I carrying ppl?

Well last night on Al'akir, like on most of the previous raids (not only Al'akir) I noticed a big difference between my Healing done and the other's healers Healing done.
    We run with 3 healers, a priest, a druid and a palla(me).
    I have slightly better gear than them. I know my class is atm stronger in terms of healing but i think there shouldnt be such a big gap. In most wipes on Al'akir my total healing done was ~50% with me on 13k-14k Hps, while the other two healers had ~7k each.
    Am I carrying people or is it normal at this point?
    My Armory

In the begginning there was nothing... Then Chuck Norris Roundhouse kicked that nothing in the face and said: ''Get a job''.
    That is the true story of universe

Are you single target healing? Because that might explain a huge gap in effective healing if your raid is good at avoiding damage and the tank is getting pounded regardless...
    Nothing to see here! Move along! Nothing to see here!

Quote Originally Posted by Koobs View Post
    And DPS means Don't Pull Shit!

You may want to remove your sig. This site is known for people posting on guild pages about what you have said here!

Deleted
    Um, ok sure you do more healing.. but you're a team.. Without those two doing their healing that they did.. you'd be fucked.

What % of your heals were overheal? Deduct that from your numbers, and it would probably be more in line with what the other healers did.

7k is a bit low. That's from your wipes though, they could have been killed early or just not had as many lightnings during P1. Healing P1 Al'akir really depends on how many lightnings you get. Once you get through P2 if they aren't around 10k then I'd be worried.

Al'akir isn't a very good fight to be gauging this stuff on.

If I see someone who obviously goes for riding the healing meters, I lay back, conserve my mana.
    When they exhaust themselves after a while, or die, I step up my healing and have plenty of mana to make sure everyone stays alright.

Not sure about the druid, but was said priest discipline? If so, look at his absorbs.

Something I realized with Cata is that you have to work as a team, you can't be that guy that is healing everything when you are that guy the other healers get lax and do not try as hard. Throw the other healers under the bus to see if they keep up. Now if you do that and it's still the same, yes you may want to talk with them and figure out why they are slackin.
    WoW only has 10 million subscribers it must be dying! WoW sucks!
    I'm sorry no, clearly you didn't see Chuck Norris allowed 10 million to survive his Purge.

No, what you're doing is playing the meters game like this is Wrath. Paladins are pretty OP when it comes to healing done in a high health/triage healing environment. What you need to do is look at things like predicted healing/incoming heals on your targets so that you don't eat the HoTs of your fellow healers and cause their heals to overheal and waste their mana/time. Play as a teammate, or else go ret and try to win meters if you can't get your mindset right.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Okay so meters are unreliable gauges now.
    please reread that.
    Here is why: Since mana matters now, (it does for most classes anyhow), spamming the shit out of every heal you have all the time = oom, and as we all know, a oom heals does no heals.
    SO, if the heals are keeping everyone alive adn the encounter is done, they did their job.
    HOWEVER, it is a fine line between conserving mana, and healing only what you have to to get the job done, and letting someone carry the bulk of the heals.
    Did you also take overhealing into account? (You DID look at that set of numbers too right?)
    I have a heals in all 3 of those classes, the Hpriest just roflstomps the others in encounters with big raid dmg, and the druid certainly pulls ahead (of our guilds palli, and I know he is quite good) in those situations as well, mind you, not as far ahead as the priest.
    I would encourage you to actually do some leg work here and check out the h priest and resto druid forums, to see what they are talking about, what works, what doesn't, how they are gearing and stats, what feels broken ect. Then QUIETLY and on the DOWN LOW, investigate your healers set ups ect. You know, get some smarts and then make an educated decision rather then blindly takeing an opinion poll that results in exactly zero percent relative truth to your situation...

Quote Originally Posted by lyom View Post
    If I see someone who obviously goes for riding the healing meters, I lay back, conserve my mana.
    When they exhaust themselves after a while, or die, I step up my healing and have plenty of mana to make sure everyone stays alright.
    This. Comparing healing meters for attempts that end in wipes is kind of pointless. Were you favoring fast heals up until the wipe? Fast heals will always put you on top, until you go oom, and the other 2 healers have to carry you for the last 25%.

Quote Originally Posted by Kindahuge View Post
    No, what you're doing is playing the meters game like this is Wrath. Paladins are pretty OP when it comes to healing done in a high health/triage healing environment. What you need to do is look at things like predicted healing/incoming heals on your targets so that you don't eat the HoTs of your fellow healers and cause their heals to overheal and waste their mana/time. Play as a teammate, or else go ret and try to win meters if you can't get your mindset right.
    Hes saying to back off- and let them do more work, and you relax. Dont try your best?

No- I think thats wrong. If you can heal it, you should. Also a lot of people a misunderstanding your question and thinking your trying to show off. Witch i also think is not true.

My advice is that you keep doing your best. But do NOT put extra effort into carrying someone. If you notice that healing is suddenly more difficult and notice the bars, ask the other healers whats up. If you find a pretty even flow of healing, but you just happen to be doing more then the others, theres nothing wrong, your fine, and you shouldn't worry.

Quote Originally Posted by frostybeef View Post
    7k is a bit low. That's from your wipes though, they could have been killed early or just not had as many lightnings during P1. Healing P1 Al'akir really depends on how many lightnings you get. Once you get through P2 if they aren't around 10k then I'd be worried.

Al'akir isn't a very good fight to be gauging this stuff on.
    Im only saying the wipes that happened by the end of p2 and such, because i heard holy priests and resto druids are not that bad aoe healers, and they were pullling around 7k-8k on the wipes that went to p3 too. and I saw overhealing, ofc i did a little more overhealing but nothing out of normal. I am not spamming heals on the end just to look good on meters, im even ending with more mana than them.
    My Armory

In the begginning there was nothing... Then Chuck Norris Roundhouse kicked that nothing in the face and said: ''Get a job''.

Quote Originally Posted by jbblaze View Post
    Hes saying to back off- and let them do more work, and you relax. Dont try your best?

No- I think thats wrong. If you can heal it, you should. Also a lot of people a misunderstanding your question and thinking your trying to show off. Witch i also think is not true.

My advice is that you keep doing your best. But do NOT put extra effort into carrying someone. If you notice that healing is suddenly more difficult and notice the bars, ask the other healers whats up. If you find a pretty even flow of healing, but you just happen to be doing more then the others, theres nothing wrong, your fine, and you shouldn't worry.

Ok, there are quite a few fights with fairly predictable raidwide damage.... magmaw, atramedes to name a couple. After the lava wave, your resto druid hots up most of your raid (I'm talking 10man here). You can keep healing the tank as a holydin, or you can start tossing out heals to the whole raid to help heal. I'm not completely saying the OP is trying to win the meters game, I'm saying that's where his mindset is at by wondering if he's carrying people based on what the meters say for HPS and healing done. If you know the majority of the raid won't be taking damage again soon, it's a waste of your mana, your druid's mana, and both your time to heal over their hots.

If you keep going with "if you can heal it, you should" then you're going to find yourself oom on the harder fights, esp heroic modes.

Quote Originally Posted by jbblaze View Post

No- I think thats wrong. If you can heal it, you should.
    Chimaeron sais hello

What is the point of the question? Just sounds to me like you are looking for a pat on the back. So <Pat><Pat><Pat><Pat>. If you are wiping because the other heals are not doing their jobs, then talk to the raid leader. If I was a raid leader and someone came up to me with the argument that mmo forums said they aren't doing there job then I would tell you to STFU and play your class.

Deleted
    7k is definetly low for a priest (and a druid). In mostly blues and some parts epic (it's my OS) as a shaman i pull at least 8-10k on that fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Dameondark View Post
    What is the point of the question? Just sounds to me like you are looking for a pat on the back. So <Pat><Pat><Pat><Pat>. If you are wiping because the other heals are not doing their jobs, then talk to the raid leader. If I was a raid leader and someone came up to me with the argument that mmo forums said they aren't doing there job then I would tell you to STFU and play your class.
    im asking if this is normal as i know the pala healing is the best healing atm, im searching information so I see if i should back up a little and not pick up others slacking
    My Armory

Oh, so you are asking if you should cause potential raid wipes by slacking to prove that you are better then the other healers. Sure, why not. Hope that the raid leader doesn't notice and call you out post wipe. Why resort to such jerk moves to try to figure it out? The raid comp and performance isn't your problem to deal with. Go to the raid leader and bring up your concerns. If they are valid and the RL isn't a douchey then it will get addressed or explained to you. If you are afraid to look like an elitist by asking which you are not by asking on the forum then just show up do your best and drop it.