Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmile View Post
    We run with 3 healers, a priest, a druid and a palla(me).
    solved
    op

Deleted
    stop looking at healing meters.
    just stop

If you can heal the encounter without their help then yes you are carrying them. If not, then no you are not carrying them

10+ Year Old Account
    Talking about HPS on a wipe is like talking about the rims on your destroyed car. I have a feeling you're not telling us the entire story and are just trying to get a pat on the back because you spam heals good.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

I doubt it. Unless your raiding group outgears the raid, you really can't carry people in Cataclysm raiding. This isn't ICC10 with the 30% buff.

Either everybody must put forth effort, communicate, coordinate, and have a modicum of skill ... or bosses don't die.

Exception is Argaloth in Baradin Hold. He is a loot pinata. A couple of the other starter raid bosses aren't that difficult, but I still doubt you can carry bad players through it (no more than 1 or 2 per 10-man ... and then we're usually talking about carrying low DPS).

My alt is a mainspec Holy Paladin, and from my experience the answer might be Yes or No depending on a simple reason.

During the boss, whatever it may be, when you feel that you're healing more than the other healers, WHAT exactly are you healing?

It's very different to heal people that are not below, lets say, 50%, and topping them off without considering other healers might be going to top them off too (which will end up in one of the healers overhealing), than actually saving players' lives. If your high healing is coming from desperately saving people from around 1-15% (and you know there's more damage incoming, which will kill them), and you see this situation constantly during the raid, then YES you are carrying the other healers. If you are just healing whatever "Unfilled Bar" (not 100%) you see on your raid frames, then it's not carrying, at least not entirely, and by doing this you're risking more mana, which will end up in two situations:

- If you don't go Oom, it's because DPS was too high, and you ended being carried by them.
    - If you go Oom, but boss still dies, the other healers are obligued to heal like crazy on the last bits of the fight.

Now this doesn't mean you're doing it wrong as a healer, because most healers are used to 5mans, where only YOU heal, if you're not trusting your other 2 healers, then there's a problem, but if you're trusting them but they don't heal what you expect THEM to heal, then we have a problem again.

So with the information you're giving, it's hard to tell whether it's carrying or not. You probably are, IMO, 6k HPS difference has a high chance of being carry, specially given the fact that is Al'akir, where raid healing is usually stronger.

Don't listen to people that tell you NOT to look at healing metters.
    It's a great tool, and SHOULD be monitored, specially by healers that are doing less HPS, so that they can rethink what they are doing, and figure out ways to even out, or diminishing the gap. The metters are OPTIMIZATION tools.

On the other hand, if you're using them to brag (not saying you are), then you should stop using it, because you're giving it the worst of usages
    Last edited by Parshicurita; 2011-02-01 at 11:46 PM.