Archaeology Question: Concerning Multiple Rares

After much searching on the available guides and forum topics, I didn't find what I was looking for so decided to post a query of my own. Feel free to delete said topic if the information is available elsewhere.

Now then,

Is it possible to piece together two separate rares at the same time?

As in, if I'm on the hunt to clear 'The Bones of Transformation' for the Night Elves, will that prevent me from unlocking rares from other races - (Like say, the Innkeeper's Daughter for Dwarves, or Fossilized Raptor, ect. ect.) until the NE one is finished? If anyone can attest to having two rares in the works simultaneously, that should probably put my worry to rest. Would absolutely hate to keep searching without knowing for sure.

No such lock out exists
    Druid Paladin Priest Warlock Death Knight Hunter Mage Shaman Warrior Rogue Legendary Epic Superior Uncommon Common Poor
    Quote Originally Posted by Bytes View Post
    2016: Blizzard builds their new HQ on the moon

Deleted
    i had 4 rare at the same time

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I have had 3 rares up at once before, It is 100% possible to have more than 1 rare at a time.

That groaning ache in the pit of my stomach is quashed.

Thanks be for your input.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can have multiple rare plans at the same time.

10+ Year Old Account
    96.87% of the time, in my room. The other 3.13%? Pooping.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slightly Deranged View Post
    After much searching on the available guides and forum topics, I didn't find what I was looking for so decided to post a query of my own. Feel free to delete said topic if the information is available elsewhere.

Now then,

Is it possible to piece together two separate rares at the same time?

As in, if I'm on the hunt to clear 'The Bones of Transformation' for the Night Elves, will that prevent me from unlocking rares from other races - (Like say, the Innkeeper's Daughter for Dwarves, or Fossilized Raptor, ect. ect.) until the NE one is finished? If anyone can attest to having two rares in the works simultaneously, that should probably put my worry to rest. Would absolutely hate to keep searching without knowing for sure.
    Let's see.. I'm just gonna quote the page on archaeology instead of trying to explain it myself, and no, it can't lock you out from obtaining a rare.

"Most artifacts are common. These give you a little bit of lore or flavor text and an item you can sell for a small profit (presumably to a museum!) The profit increases as the value of the artifact increases. You can estimate this by the number of fragments needed to finish the artifact. You will only find cheaper artifacts at low level, but you can find cheap and valuable artifacts at higher level (the reason for this is we want players to be able to find all the artifacts if they want to). You won't find a second copy of a common object until you have found all the artifacts of that race. If you get stuck at a certain skill level of archaeology or character level, you may find an artifact more than once until you reach the next tier.

Some artifacts are rare. These always make a blue or purple item. Many of these have no in-game power and are toys or for flavor. Some of them are actual weapons and armor. The latter items are all bound to account. They aren't heirlooms in that they don't scale, but you can pass them around. So if you are level 80 and you find a level 60 axe, you can always have another character use it when they are level 60. You will never get a rare artifact more than once."

Quote Originally Posted by Curoch View Post
    Let's see.. I'm just gonna quote the page on archaeology instead of trying to explain it myself, and no, it can't lock you out from obtaining a rare.
    It's just that whatever text you quoted, does not pertain to the question asked, namely "can you work on more than one rare, for different races?"

As some posters above me already pointed out: yes, this is possible.