Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Football Vs. Futball (soccer)

Why so much hate between the two sports? Which sport do you think is better and why?
    Personally I prefer American football seeing as I play it at a high level.
    Discuss.

I like American Football because I think it is more interesting and I also played it all of my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baggers View Post
    This message was brought to you by WotLK, where thinking less, is more.

*** FUTBOWL. Closer pronunciation.

Yo Dawg, I heard you like Pirates. Well, I put a Bloodsail in your Bloodsail, and now you can Pirate while you Pirate.

Deleted
    Football means you use your foot, so football=european real footbal.

It requires much more thinking and can be way more amazing than the poor american sport that only requires you to gain fat and power and crash your opponents. Really boring sports in america like baseball hockey etc. Basketball is amazing ofc

10+ Year Old Account
    Fußball! (German here )

This "american football" always seemed to me like a "sissie-version" of rugby @.@
    I like Icehockey though... but I think this is more a canadian thing
    Captain Endriel and his fearsome crew!

10+ Year Old Account
    Where I lay my head is home. See that rock? Thats my pillow.
    take off all the padding then sure id watch it

umm. what?

You mean Handegg. Not football. You play Football with your feet. You play Handegg by jumping on top of other men for a pig bladder shaped into a badly grown melon; every so often a dude kicks it, just so that someone else can pick it up.
    No, that's not Football.
    Also: there is NO excuse for padding. At all. I give you: Rugby. Which is only marginally better than Handegg.

People cry too much in Soccer. A guy walks next to one of them and you see them falling down and shaking as if they just got shot. I guess I dislike the people who play it more than the sport itself because it is a fun sport to play. Football is fun as well. You can't go wrong with either of them.
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

I like the skill level of soccer, the reason I have never got into American Football is the crazy amount of rules, the plays, the amount of players involved, the breaks every few seconds (minutes?).

I studied American Sport slightly back in college and Americans supposedly love high action physical games which is why I don't understand why most of the sports are so broken up by time-outs, quarters, etc, etc, and then on top of that all of the padding? Just confuses me a little!

Also another thing: The World Series is a bit far-fetched eh? I don't know any other country that joins up for Baseball.

It requires much more thinking and can be way more amazing than the poor american sport that only requires you to gain fat and power and crash your opponents.
    American football has a ton of depth and complexity to it. Hours of studying film breaking down what your opposition does well, what you can take advantage of, what your your team could do better on. Then learning your playbook so that you know what signal means what, the timing between a quarterback and a recievers pass can mean the difference between a touch down and a pick six. I'll admit size is a major factor but a lot of positions take speed as well. You need all levels of athlete on your team to be successful.

take off all the padding then sure id watch it
    This "american football" always seemed to me like a "sissie-version" of rugby
    The padding is necessary for the type of hits american football produces, all the head to head contact people would literally die without them. Rugby does have major hits but I've noticed that they don't necessarily crash their bodies and their heads together as much. Every play in football there is head to head contact which without a helmet would result in deaths from numerous concussions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinshiva View Post
    Also another thing: The World Series is a bit far-fetched eh? I don't know any other country that joins up for Baseball.
    Where you mention it:
    sports from overseas all seem a bit "weird" doesn't it? "Baseball" "Handegg" and "Bucketball" all seems a bit alien.
    Last edited by CrenVerdis; 2011-02-01 at 11:25 PM. Reason: edited back and posted in new post

Deleted
    Football > all

I played am football for a couple of years and it's really fun. Its awesome to watch the games aswell. Its not like soccer "attack failed, attack failed, attack failed, attack CLOSE GOAL failed..."
    American football is 100% action!

I love football the real kind soccer as americans would call it. Everyone says football american is tough but no its not they are wearing so many paddings man up and take them off wimps

They are two entirely different sports. Why do people get in such a pissing contest over them?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's Futbol, not futball.
    And.... it's just Football vs. Soccer. Soccer is the most popular sport in the world...
    But I like football, because I'm American, and I've loved watching football since I was young.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistafreez View Post
    The padding is necessary for the type of hits american football produces, all the head to head contact people would literally die without them. Rugby does have major hits but I've noticed that they don't necessarily crash their bodies and their heads together as much. Every play in football there is head to head contact which without a helmet would result in deaths from numerous concussions. (...)
    I might accept this, but what i don't accept is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistafreez View Post
    (...) American football has a ton of depth and complexity to it. Hours of studying film breaking down what your opposition does well, what you can take advantage of, what your your team could do better on. Then learning your playbook so that you know what signal means what, the timing between a quarterback and a recievers pass can mean the difference between a touch down and a pick six. I'll admit size is a major factor but a lot of positions take speed as well. You need all levels of athlete on your team to be successful.
    this. tbh. yeah there is john friggin madden but football has also some tactical depth! You can see this by the favouritable playstyle of different countries. or even in national football leagues. ala Bayern München buys really really good players for sitting on their bench just that other association (right translated?) can't use them. ^^ Or even the tactics for a match itself can be quite decisive.

I prefer football to American football personally. A huge part of the reasoning is the obscene amount of breaks in American football which has caused me to lose all interest in it.

While some players drop on the ground at the slightest touch (Hai Christiano Ronaldo, did your hair get messed up again by that clean tackle) a player like Lionel Messi just shows how the sport in essence is played. I have no doubts that most football fans would love having the whole dropping on the ground whining part purified from the sport, but blame the individual player, not the game.

Football hurts, there might not be as hard tackles as in American football, but the players are usually slimmer and more fragile in football, and does not wear a layer of padding who can basically stop a bullet, so tackles can hurt big time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I played Handegg most of my life... but i love watching both games.
    Last edited by Warod; 2011-02-01 at 11:32 PM. Reason: typo
    Feral Druids are the most "feared" class in PvP.
    Warodl - Warod

Quote Originally Posted by CrenVerdis View Post
    this. tbh. yeah there is john friggin madden but football has also some tactical depth! You can see this by the favouritable playstyle of different countries. or even in national football leagues. ala Bayern München buys really really good players for sitting on their bench just that other association (right translated?) can't use them. ^^ Or even the tactics for a match itself can be quite decisive.
    Bayern München stopped being a proper Football Association years ago. When you buy players just so that you have it easier on the field, you instantly fail at being a real club.

Also: Football players get owned pretty badly, because they don't wear padding. Broken limbs, punctures from boots and other things make the game very physically demanding. Hell i personally tore a ligament in the back of my knee and was out of INDOOR Football for nearly 4 months.

I would also like to point out that I don't hate Handegg, I jsut think that it's not as good as Football
    Last edited by Shinshiva; 2011-02-01 at 11:35 PM.