Thread: Cats vs Dogs?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say dogs over cats. I love them both, I really do, but if I could choose between 1-2 (or even all 6) cats from my gf or my sister's dog, I'm def. going for the dog.

Going out for a walk with the dog is just great, that way I'm not walking him alone, but (s)he's also walking me! Having the dog jump and being excited when I get home from work, knowing we'll have a walk is just great.

I do however love the way a house looks or feels when you step in the room and see a cat lying on the couch, or how they keep your lap warm .

Hard choice but all in all, pretty much based on the character of my sis' dog cause she's so awesome, a dog rather then a cat :P.

And yes, a poll would've been nice
    Last edited by Muis; 2011-02-02 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Had to mention we needed a poll!

Quote Originally Posted by FreddyLee View Post
    Never understood the argument of preferring dogs because cats "just sleep all day and don't do anything"

No, they don't. If that is how you brought your cat up, then that's your fault.

My cat greets me from work when it hears my motorbike. It then proceeds to follow me about for a few hours and not leave me a lone unless I play with him. He also crawls under my covers at night and cuddles up next to me, which is actually annoying as when I wake up it's like i'm spooning my cat.

Anyways, it's how your bring your pet up. So please stop generalising what cats "supposably" do. Lol
    Heh. Exactly what mine does. Apparently when i pull into the driveway my cat will dash to the door no matter what hes doing or where he is in the house, and he will always meet me at the door. Like yours he will follow me around for a while, has a sleep, wakes up for dinner, plays, then we pretty much go to bed together haha. I usually sleep on my side, and he generally cuddles up to me, then when he starts purring and licking me my heart just melts haha. I couldn't get that kind of affection from a dog.

10+ Year Old Account

I also like cats I can't deny that... but I wouldn't own one tbh ... I find them very selfish...

---------- Post added 2011-02-02 at 03:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by autodidact31 View Post
    Heh. Exactly what mine does. Apparently when i pull into the driveway my cat will dash to the door no matter what hes doing or where he is in the house, and he will always meet me at the door. Like yours he will follow me around for a while, has a sleep, wakes up for dinner, plays, then we pretty much go to bed together haha. I usually sleep on my side, and he generally cuddles up to me, then when he starts purring and licking me my heart just melts haha. I couldn't get that kind of affection from a dog.
    you obviously never had a dog....
    Last edited by Skorpionss; 2011-02-02 at 03:23 PM.

Sometimes I'd go out on a weekend and forget my keys. I'd come home to find my parents had locked up for the night. Rather than wake them up I'd sleep next to our massive Newfoundland dog (the dog went out at night). Nice and warm, the dog didn't complain, think she liked the company.

Now I live in my own house, on my own, and work away from home for weeks on end. I miss not having a dog.

cats <3
    they actually have a personality and aren't as boring as dogs

10+ Year Old Account
    Cats. I love dogs but they're too needy, noisy, and require more upkeep. Cats are low maintenance, quiet, and lazy. More my speed

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Dogs are WAY better than Cats.

The only reason people get cats is because of how damn cute kittens are. IF I could just have a Kitten that never turned into a cat i might change my mind.

If you have Cat, your house/condo/apartment probably smells like Cat box. You might say it doesn't, but that's just because you're used to it. It really smells terrible to your guests. Many cats also just like to hide from people, even their owners. You're basically cleaning up after a smelly little creature that poops in your closet (or wherever you put the box) and costs you money (food, vet bills, etc) and often times just does its own thing and doesn't even want to be around its owner/master etc.

I will fully admit, that SOME cats (few and far between) are cool, but most are terrible. There's about a 10% chance of getting a good cat and about a 90% chance of getting a good dog. Even the best cats still shits in your house, only the worst dog will.

Also, Dogs instinctually pack animals. They want to be a part of your family. Cats are instinctually solitary animals. I'd much rather live with a pet that is like family, than a begrudging stranger that expects me to give it food and clean up its poop but otherwise wants nothing to do with me.

Dogs > Cats = Fact

cats are disgusting hate them so bad. But I love dogs.

---------- Post added 2011-02-02 at 12:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Thalrion View Post
    cats <3
    they actually have a personality and aren't as boring as dogs
    looks like someone has never seen a dog before.

i like dogs

10+ Year Old Account
    I would much rather have a dog then I would a cat. I love cats, do not get me wrong, I miss my three terribly but I just enjoy the fact I can go running with my pup and she keeps me company and loves to play. I've learned (from my experience) cats come and go when they please lol. Tho truthfully no right or wrong answer, just peoples personal preference.

I mean.. who would resist this face?

"Peek a boo mommy!"

Dogs.

Owned both, 3 dogs and a cat.

The dogs are really friendly, to both me and the cat. Theyre all small (I can blame my sister for that...), so theyre harmless and great "lapdogs".

The cat is... completely antisocial. She doesnt like being pet, and will still bolt away if any of us approach her without a hand out in a gesture of peace for her to thoroughly sniff before any contact is allowed. She roams around the garage and the backyard, rarely staying in the house if anyone else in in there. The only time she acts happy to see us is when we get back from a vacation...

Perhaps I shouldn't let one experience decide, but thats all I have to work on.

Dogs. I love my dog to death and he is my favorite person in the world. I just don't find cats "loving" or "there for you".

10+ Year Old Account
    Cats and only cats!

Dogs are social animals, cats are solo animals. Dogs work better with humans because tbh, cats don't work with humans at all, they just use us. Sure they are cute, but you can't bond with them as with dogs

I love both, but Dogs pull ahead for one simple reason.

Corgi!

10+ Year Old Account
    Dogs because they love to play and also watch out for the family. I just saw a story of a dog who took a bullet for their owner.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectrez View Post
    And I think my youngest cat (1 year old ) is evil. She attacks me in my sleep. D=
    This made my day. Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    I never said Ret was faceroll, I said your bitching is a mirror image to that entire community's attitude. You'd fit in well over there.
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodwine77 View Post
    I'd never send death threats, because it is just a game.

However, if I ever met the guy at Blizzard responsible for murlocs ... I think I'd slug him. Just one hard punch to the face ... while yelling WHARBLGARBLGARBLGARBLGARBL!!

Cats are annoying. They cant do anything except want food. Cats dont have empathy, they will just go with whoever has the most food.

Yes, I love dogs.

Cats they are quicker to cook.