Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    The problem with equivocation and tu quoque fallacies is that they might fool someone who doesn't know what they're seeing.

I don't see meat eaters trolling like veganinja and dasbuh right above me.
    Might I suggest reading more than the last page of this thread then?

Quote Originally Posted by Venerable View Post
    If we were biological designed to eat a purely vegan diet we would have a mouth full of molars and 4 stomachs. We don't, we are designed to be omnivores.

Oh and to the vegetarians who say eating meat is cruel understand this- everything has to die in order for us to eat it. So why do you not eat a cow but happily eat a carrot? It gave up its life for your consumption.
    Cruel meat is cruel.
    Cows who are brutally slaughered after being penned in small areas to keep them fat is cruel. Chickens who live in tiny quarters in their own filth (which gets in your food) and are forced to produce eggs is cruel.
    True free ranged cows and chickens who live out their full lives on farms and are humanely put down is not. It's sad but it is way better then the former. just because you raise something to eat doesn't mean you need to torture it.

Extremists are stupid. Whether it be terrorists or ignorant vegans. You have to understand it is stupid to think people will change their habits or religion just because you don't like it.

Deleted
    I'm an Omnivore Love em both, tho I prefer some Meats over Veggies and Vice Versa.

---------- Post added 2011-02-03 at 04:05 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by galaxiah View Post
    Cruel meat is cruel.
    Cows who are brutally slaughered after being penned in small areas to keep them fat is cruel. Chickens who live in tiny quarters in their own filth (which gets in your food) and are forced to produce eggs is cruel.
    True free ranged cows and chickens who live out their full lives on farms and are humanely put down is not. It's sad but it is way better then the former. just because you raise something to eat doesn't mean you need to torture it.

Extremists are stupid. Whether it be terrorists or ignorant vegans. You have to understand it is stupid to think people will change their habits or religion just because you don't like it.
    totally agreed, also I didn't realise Battery Hens, poop gets in the finished product blech!

Quote Originally Posted by Holymidget View Post
    I'm an Omnivore Love em both, tho I prefer some Meats over Veggies and Vice Versa.

---------- Post added 2011-02-03 at 04:05 AM ----------

totally agreed, also I didn't realise Battery Hens, poop gets in the finished product blech!
    Poop gets everywhere. Bird poop can get you extremely sick though.

Mostly vegies and rice. I don't eat any mammals, only birds and fish if i do eat meat.

I lean away from meat mostly because I hate steak, pork, and processed meat and that doesn't leave me with much. >.> I'm not vegetarian, but drag me into a Mcdonald's meat factory where they brain-tazer the cows and chop them up and I probably would turn into a vegetarian.

I DO like bacon though ----v
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atlannor View Post
    How so? And what do you even mean 'predispositioned?' Are you trying to say that humans need meat to survive? Are you saying that it's a human instinct to eat meat? You could go many ways with such a statement. I could tell you that I feel healthier and happier as a result of my vegetarian diet, but I'm sure that you'd readily dismiss that, because I'm an 'unintelligent' vegetarian.
    We are biological driven (hence predispositioned) to eat meat. Hence the canines and one stomach. Also, what is with the vegans in this thread and trying to prove their points via assumptions as to what the other person is going to say?

I'm sure if there was a vegetarian or vegan in your life that wasn't pretentious or too forward, you probably wouldn't take notice. Especially if they knew that you've already deemed them as unintelligent.
    Again, assumption, particularly online, is a silly thing.

As for meat tasting wonderful, that's an opinion. I used to think the exact same thing even as a vegetarian. I tried it again about a year ago and was surprised when it tasted just 'meh.'
    But you cannot deny its nutrients.

Unless you're harming another sentient being. I believe animals would fall into such a category, and it's one of the few reasons why I choose not to eat them.
    You have to harm a sentient being to live, at least back in our evolutionary, hunter gatherer sense. This is my problem with vegans and vegetarians; you all act as if everyone should have the same moral code as you and that harming anything is bad. Hate to tell you, but we would not and could not have risen to the top of the food chain and become what we are now if it wasn't for us being omnivorous.

We are biologically conditioned to eat meat because our evolutionary track, it is why our gasto-intestinal system works the way it does, and the reason our teeth are the way they are. I eat my meats from pasture-grown animals with no growth hormones, but trying to convince anyone to change their way of life just because you have moral implications is what I call being one of the reasons I typically don't like vegans. Almost every Vegan I have ever met is doing it to fit in/fad/because they don't know any real facts. I'm going to keep eating meat and enjoying it, maybe you should all just enjoy your veggies and stop trying to convince people that it's better?
    Quote Originally Posted by mahpewpew View Post
    I refuse to give away my freedoms to be safe from decisions I make that affect myself.
    Good communities sometimes trump questionable staff.

I am aware sometimes I dont include apostrophes. My work keyboard is missing the button. Let it go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veganinja View Post
    Actually they lack intelligence completely. Yes they do respond to the environment, but so does water when you boil it. Most plants aren't actually "killed" when you eat them, hence why crops grow back. Take an apple tree for instance, do you really think that it cares you are eating something that is going to fall off of it anyways? In fact, most plants depend on animals eating them in order to spread out, rediversify, evolve, and reproduce.[COLOR="red"]
    Animals that are consumed by humans receive the same type of benefits that plants do in evolution. If the American bald Eagle was a delicacy, it would have never came close to an endangered species. A symbiotic relationship takes place that improves the evolutionary likelihood for these animals to thrive.
    Furthermore, you are eating plants and they are alive and react to the world the same way any other organism does. One day the plants may rise up against the vegans.
    Last edited by Collegeguy; 2011-02-03 at 04:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadell View Post
    We are biological driven (hence predispositioned) to eat meat. Hence the canines and one stomach. Also, what is with the vegans in this thread and trying to prove their points via assumptions as to what the other person is going to say?

Again, assumption, particularly online, is a silly thing.
    I don't really understand where you're trying to get at with 'predispositioned' or 'biological driven.' Those are some very loaded terms that practically mean nothing. Are you trying to say that it is a basic instinct to eat meat? If so, I must not be human, because there's no primal urge inside of me to rip through the skin of an animal with sharp objects and devour their flesh. Also, I'm not denying that humans have tools which allow them to process and digest meat (canines/one stomach as you pointed out). I do not think that, however, we should use their meat-eating capabilities just because we have them.

Also, you described vegetarians earlier as being dim-witted, basically unintelligent, because you aren't convinced. That's a rather large assumption.

But you cannot deny its nutrients.
    True. But you can obtain the same nutrients with a vegetarian diet.

You have to harm a sentient being to live, at least back in our evolutionary, hunter gatherer sense. This is my problem with vegans and vegetarians; you all act as if everyone should have the same moral code as you and that harming anything is bad. Hate to tell you, but we would not and could not have risen to the top of the food chain and become what we are now if it wasn't for us being omnivorous.
    As I've said numerous times in this thread, just because something is done in the past doesn't necessarily mean that we should continue the same practice in the present. We live in a completely sedentary, technological society. Things are different.

We are biologically conditioned to eat meat because our evolutionary track, it is why our gasto-intestinal system works the way it does, and the reason our teeth are the way they are. I eat my meats from pasture-grown animals with no growth hormones, but trying to convince anyone to change their way of life just because you have moral implications is what I call being one of the reasons I typically don't like vegans. Almost every Vegan I have ever met is doing it to fit in/fad/because they don't know any real facts. I'm going to keep eating meat and enjoying it, maybe you should all just enjoy your veggies and stop trying to convince people that it's better?
    As a human being with a wide range of thinking capabilities, I have my own personal preferences and beliefs which have brought me to the conclusion that slaughtering animals for sustenance is cruel. And I exercise my belief by not purchasing and consuming products that contain animal flesh. Note: This is my own. personal. opinion. I may have to say this after every slightly ambiguous statement that I state because apparently it comes off me attempting to convert someone to vegetarianism (or Atlannor-ism in general). My opinion may be offensive to you, but I'm not trying to convince you to be vegetarian or change your morals, etc etc. I just noticed that you made some pretty superficial statements regarding vegetarians and vegetarianism that rubbed me the wrong way and I had to butt into the conversation.

ALSO, I completely agree that veganism and vegetarianism have become a fad for many people. However, these people do not represent the vegetarian community. They may have the loudest voices, but in my opinion, they do not form the majority.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    For the longest time I only ate meat from an animal if I killed it (which meant a lot of fish). Other than that is was all about the veggies.

That all went out the window when the wife and I had our first child. Ever want to feel like complete crap? Sustain yourself off a fast food diet because you don't have the time or energy to fish and/or spend time cooking/prepping a meal.

Both. You gotta have some peas and potatoes to go with that steak

Both really and depends on the food overall itself. You cant have ONLY meat now can you o_O or only veggies. I'd like some variation
    The unattainable best is the enemy of all the available betters.

I've been a vegan for over 2.5 years. Preachy omnivores and herbivores alike suck equally. If you are a vegetarian/vegan, please remember that you probably weren't born eating your diet, and that you're not going to win over anyone to your cause that won't listen in the first place. Omnis, please understand that when facing an overly preachy or defensive herbivore that they hear the same tired jokes on a daily basis. They may be funny to you, but if you dish them out, be able to take it back in stride.

I eat meat a lot. I only like some vegetables.

http://i.imgur.com/bNBd6.png

I found this little tidbit amusing, perhaps others in this thread will as well.

In other words, I'll just leave this here.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dr2022 View Post
    Hey all!
    This is an easy question. Do you eat meat,veggies or both? For me I eat both.
    Omnivores ftw! I would have to agree and say that lamb must be accompanied by asparagus.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm about as close to a human carnivore as you'll see, I ALWAYS eat meat given the option, my food eats my vegetables for me.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Vegetables. Though I now live in a country I don't speak the language of so I ingest meat/fish pretty much half the time when I eat out.