Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Halfus Wyrmbreaker spawn cycle, Al'akir 25 HC Video, The Daily Blink

Things aren't getting better and community managers literally disappeared from the surface of the Earth. The good news is that at this rate, I'll probably be desperate enough to post pictures of naked gnomes by the end of the week (don't worry, as far as I know everyone will be back to work today).

Halfus Wyrmbreaker spawn cycle
    Ever since the release of Cataclysm, people have been posting on the Raids & Dungeons forums each week to ask what the spawns are for Halfus Wyrmbreaker. Our lovely and awesome Simca eventually started Theory: Halfus is not random to see if we can predict the encounters for the upcoming weeks.

The answer is yes, the add rotation is fully known and verified and unless Blizzard hotfixes something, you should now be able to plan your raids accordingly. (The naming scheme is the one from the original post, that's why the week # aren't in the right order)

Week # US Realms Drakes EU/KR/TW Realms Drakes
    Week #9 (Feb 1 - Feb 7)Slate Dragon, Time Warden, WhelpsNether Scion, Slate Dragon, Time Warden
    Week #10 (Feb 8 - Feb 14)Nether Scion, Time Warden, WhelpsSlate Dragon, Storm Rider, Time Warden
    Week #1 (Feb 15 - Feb 21)Storm Rider, Time Warden, WhelpsNether Scion, Storm Rider, Time Warden
    Week #2 (Feb 22 - Feb 28)Nether Scion, Storm Rider, WhelpsNether Scion, Storm Rider, Slate Dragon
    Week #3 (Mar 1 - Mar 7)Nether Scion, Slate Dragon, WhelpsSlate Dragon, Time Warden, Whelps
    Week #4 (Mar 8 - Mar 14)Slate Dragon, Storm Rider, WhelpsNether Scion, Time Warden, Whelps
    Week #5 (Mar 15 - Mar 21)Nether Scion, Slate Dragon, Time WardenStorm Rider, Time Warden, Whelps
    Week #6 (Mar 22 - Mar 28)Slate Dragon, Storm Rider, Time WardenNether Scion, Storm Rider, Whelps
    Week #7 (Mar 29 - Apr 4)Nether Scion, Storm Rider, Time WardenNether Scion, Slate Dragon, Whelps
    Week #8 (Apr 5 - Apr 11)Nether Scion, Storm Rider, Slate DragonSlate Dragon, Storm Rider, Whelps

Al'akir Heroic World 2nd Kill by Paragon Video
    Paragon released a video of their world 2nd kill of Al'akir in 25-man Heroic Mode! Hopefully this one will make people slightly less angry than the Nefarian videos.

The Daily Blink - How it works
    Another comic from The Daily Blink!

Last edited by Boubouille; 2011-02-02 at 09:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, ain't that fun? Halfus seems to be predictable.
    Btw, that Daily Blink is awesome. :P

Deleted
    Paragon released a video of their world 2nd kill of Al'akir in 25-man Heroic Mode!
    You really need to separate 25man from 10man ...

It explains EVERYTHING!

Really enjoying the Daily Blink!

Hooo, Daily Blink's creator didn't think too much about Paragon's kill of H.Nefarian either, eh?

15+ Year Old Account
    Agreed with Greyghost, i think he needs to update that comic

Quote Originally Posted by Artzie View Post
    You really need to separate 25man from 10man ...
    being honest. 10man is way harder than 25man (for al'akir, before anyone gets on my junk). paragon themselves even stated it. i think it's quite generous that they're being put in the same grouping.

What are you smoking? They clearly stated that 25-man is/was a lot harder because of area scaling. They couldn't even keep the whole raid on the platform in p1.

That can't be right for Halfus, we had Slate, Nether, Storm last week. In fact we haven't seen Whelps yet.
    Noirluna the Immortal of Proudmoore

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarin View Post
    being honest. 10man is way harder than 25man (for al'akir, before anyone gets on my junk). paragon themselves even stated it. i think it's quite generous that they're being put in the same grouping.
    lol what are you talking about? they stated that 25 HC is harder than 10 HC
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

10+ Year Old Account
    Why does the Halfus prediction thing go to March in both directions? Did I miss something?

10m Akir is easier since theres more space thus easier to spread out, less raid damage...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya View Post
    That can't be right for Halfus, we had Slate, Nether, Storm last week. In fact we haven't seen Whelps yet.
    His list seems to be wrong, somehow. Simca's actual list in the forum has Slate, Nether and Storm last week, correctly.

Oh, wow, this explains why I had 3 Mages in GB last night. The horror.

Quote Originally Posted by greyghost View Post
    Hooo, Daily Blink's creator didn't think too much about Paragon's kill of H.Nefarian either, eh?
    Can you say that with a straight face while knowing that Method "exploited" twin dragons with grounding totem and that pretty much every top guild glitched Atramedes in some way? I'm not supporting Paragon's way of killing Nefarian either, but this way of flagging Paragon as CHeaTaHz while glorifying Method looks ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Araya View Post
    Huh ... I could be wrong because Simca wasn't around to double check, but I'm not sure what the problem is. You're on US Realms, you had Slate/Nether/Storm last week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Huh ... I could be wrong because Simca wasn't around to double check, but I'm not sure what the problem is. You're on US Realms, you had Slate/Nether/Storm last week.

snip snip for picture
    I think the confusion lies in the dates. You have those listed as April when it should've been January 25th to Feburary 1st.

Unless I'm missing something...which I think I am.

OH, I see the rotation you've set up. I'm a moron.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ElAmigo View Post
    lol what are you talking about? they stated that 25 HC is harder than 10 HC
    Talking Alakir specific probebly yeah, but there are a few 10-man bosses on HC mode that are quite alot harder.

Mostly because 10man doesnt have the ability to swap 1 dps for an extra healer, since thatll gimp your dps too much etc.
    Think halfus hc, we cant bring more than 3 healers and 2 tanks, otherwise we just suicide