Page 1 of 19
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

PETA is a horrid, corrupt organization.

I recently discovered this website http://www.petakillsanimals.com/, and it disturbed me. How has this gone unpunished? PETA is murdering thousands of animals each year, and supporting domestic terrorism in the united states. How can they claim to be an animal rights group when they themselves run a slaughterhouse? Then they give money to arsonists and encourage people to bomb universities?
    PETA has a budget of over 33 million USD a year. They spend almost none of this on animal care. It all goes to propaganda and advertising. Of all the Animals PETA received last year, they only found homes for 8. What, you ask, did they do with the hundred of others? Killed them. Every last one, dead. Every single cat and dog, put down and frozen, all so PETA can spend a few extra dollars on billboards in time square.
    These people deserve to be wiped from the face of the Earth. However, there is a less extreme effort being undertaken to bring the bastards down. On the website, there is a petition to remove PETA's tax exempt status. Check it out if you have the time.

To put this in perspective, the ASPCA, an organization with a mere fraction of PETA's annual budget, is able to find homes for over 90% of its thousands of Animals. PETA, on the other hand, kills 97% or more of the animals it receives. They also harass and sue schools, hospitals, and churches. They are criminals. They are domestic terrorists. And they need to be stopped.

For reference, all the figures on the linked website come from and are confirmed by the Department of Agriculture.

Thank you to SynergySin for posting this video. I recommend everyone watch it.

Last edited by Kalyyn; 2011-02-02 at 09:07 PM.

Deleted
    Peta is one of the biggest, well funded terrorist&scam organizations in the world. Gotta love 'business' right?
    As are most of the animal rights groups, most of them are not even taking proper care of the animals they supposedly 'save'(or they're doing exactly what PETA is...fucking hypocrites)
    Personally I'm still wondering why the fuck PETA is still allowed to exist...just doesn't make any sense...unless they're spewing cash to the right people...

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, you visit one website, and now you have all the information needed to come to the conclusion that PETA is bad?

Do you know who runs that website? A lobby group by the name of, "Center for Consumer Freedom". Their primary source of donations come from the tobacco and meat industry, golly, I couldn't possible imagine what they could have against PETA...

I think PETA is ridiculous, but at least I did more research than looking at one website. Let me guess, you also think 9/11 was an inside job after watching that conspiracy website too?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikaru View Post
    I think PETA is ridiculous, but at least I did more research than looking at one website. Let me guess, you also think 9/11 was an inside job after watching that conspiracy websites too?
    And after watching countless documentaries on discovery. I believe that indeed.

10+ Year Old Account
    All big organizations are horrid and corrupt organizations.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Evassac View Post
    And after watching countless documentaries on discovery. I believe that indeed.
    Was that inbetween the Sharks and Nazi's? or maybe it was after Ghost Lab and Most Haunted?

Quality factual programing right there....

Deleted
    The very idea that animals have rights is surreal.

Altough unnecessary torture of animals is not something I support.

Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    The very idea that animals have rights is surreal.
    Why should animals have any less rights than people?

Deleted
    When an animal has more rights than a human being....something is definately wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twizzlers View Post
    Because they're not people?

Your dog may be able to bring that stick back, but I doubt s/he should get behind the wheel of a car or be able to vote.

Excuse me as i suck this dying puppy's bone marrow out of its body for my own nourishment.
    Bossy the Cow, a Legend, a Hero.. a Cow.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-the-noble-cow

Quote Originally Posted by ptolemus View Post
    When an animal has more rights than a human being....something is definately wrong.
    Animals have a few basic rights, to protect them against cruelty. Human rights go far beyond those accorded to animals. The degree to which rights are obeyed has nothing to do with what rights actually exist.

Your dog may be able to bring that stick back, but I doubt s/he should get behind the wheel of a car or be able to vote.
    First of all, driving is not a right. Voting isn't a human right either, you get that right for living in a democracy, but not all humans have the right to vote.

I think you are forgetting that human beings are, in fact, animals. Humans just so happen to be one of the most intelligent(I question a lot of people though), and there are plenty of other animals that are very intelligent, such as dolphins, elephants, etc. and they are killed all the time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twizzlers View Post
    Because our very survival depends on taking from animals one of the most important rights --- their LIFE.

On top of that there's many other problems with animals rights, like:
    - Which animals have rights and which do not?
    - How do you get punished for violating the rights of animals? (stepping on a cockroach is homici... err insectocide? xD)
    - Can animals (or people on behalf of them) take a person who, for example "limited free speech of animal" to court? (shutting up barking dog)
    etc etc.
    Last edited by mmoc43ae88f2b9; 2011-02-02 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikaru View Post
    Because they're not people?

so in your point of view, africans have not the same rights as americans/europeans cause they are not that far in chemics and physics?

The idea that people shouldn't kill animals is absurd, because most animals survive off of killing other animals, and most large predators wouldn't take a second to think about killing you if you crossed their path. The Problem is HOW we kill them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    I recently discovered this website http://www.petakillsanimals.com/, and it disturbed me. How has this gone unpunished? PETA is murdering thousands of animals each year, and supporting domestic terrorism in the united states. How can they claim to be an animal rights group when they themselves run a slaughterhouse? Then they give money to arsonists and encourage people to bomb universities?
    PETA has a budget of over 33 million USD a year. They spend almost none of this on animal care. It all goes to propaganda and advertising. Of all the Animals PETA received last year, they only found homes for 8. What, you ask, did they do with the hundred of others? Killed them. Every last one, dead. Every single cat and dog, put down and frozen, all so PETA can spend a few extra dollars on billboards in time square.
    These people deserve to be wiped from the face of the Earth. However, there is a less extreme effort being undertaken to bring the bastards down. On the website, there is a petition to remove PETA's tax exempt status. Check it out if you have the time.

To put this in perspective, the ASPCA, an organization with a mere fraction of PETA's annual budget, is able to find homes for over 90% of its thousands of Animals. PETA, on the other hand, kills 97% or more of the animals it receives. They also harass and sue schools, hospitals, and churches. They are criminals. They are domestic terrorists. And they need to be stopped.
    Man I hate to tell you but everything on the internet isn't true. Sometimes there are things posted that are just lies. I'm not saying this is one, I don't know enough about peta to know. If I wanted to know though, I would go to more than one website. I would look up financial information about them etc.

I would start by looking at something like this:

http://www.peta.org/about/learn-abou...al-report.aspx

Then I would move on to Ingrid Newkirk, you should be able to find plenty of information about her. Then follow that with the other directors.

My point is that you should not base something on one internet page. If you feel strongly you should go find information. There is tons of it available by law for you to look at.

Because our very survival depends on taking from animals one of the most important rights --- their LIFE.
    Personally I don't eat meat, I won't ever try to force that on someone else. The idea of forcing someone to conform goes against the very ideas that America is based on. That said, I survive quite well without taking from animals. I know many others that do as well. Your argument is invalid, and is not founded in fact. It is founded in opinion, and you should express it as such. If you prefer to eat meat, then say it like this:

I prefer to take the life of an animal in order to make my meal more enjoyable.

Now that's your right in most cases. You are killing something to please yourself. I won't say it's some "evil", I just disagree with it. Saying we MUST kill to live though, that I just can't agree with. You don't even have to kill all plants to harvest from them. Anyway I don't want this to turn into some debate over being a vegetarian vs meat eating. That's not even an argument that I think should happen because it's a personal choice. I just wanted to clear up that you are wrong and we don't have to kill animals to live. Hell, people in a coma are still alive..

The idea that people shouldn't kill animals is absurd, because most animals survive off of killing other animals, and predators wouldn't take a second to think about killing you if you crossed their path. The Problem is HOW we kill them.
    Moaradin you know I like ya man. That said I consider talking with you a pleasure, therefore I have to go there.

Animals also see nothing wrong with rape. Should we then make it legal that if a man can hold down a woman he has the right to breed with her? I am fairly certain you will say no. To which I will reply why? If we live by the law of us all being animals and anything they do is o.k., then shouldn't we be able to. No, because we are better than that. We have laws preventing someone stronger from coming into your home raping your wife/daughter and declaring your house as their own. Humans have tried desperately to move away from that chaos.
    Last edited by unkn0wnerr0r; 2011-02-02 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    I should probably have phrased that differently. Yes, animals will have less rights than people. They should, however, not be less entitled to having a certain amount of rights in the first place. Killing them for survival is one thing, but killing them out of amusement or torturing them is another story. Not to start a debate about the death penalty, but capital punishment definitely goes against the right to live - yet it is legal in some areas of the world, but torture or murder are not.
    Last edited by Twizzlers; 2011-02-02 at 12:05 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ptolemus View Post
    I've seen stuff on the internet and even on the TV that justifies animal rights, like a a video of a redneck killing a poor dog with a shoovel just because he wanted to look cool to his "friends".

On-topic: Just because it is on the internet it doesn't mean that it's true.

I'm saying this but i was always suspicious with this big organizations. Like Greenpeace, sometimes i have serious doubts about their "good intentions".

Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    The idea that people shouldn't kill animals is absurd, because most animals survive off of killing other animals, and most large predators wouldn't take a second to think about killing you if you crossed their path. The Problem is HOW we kill them.
    HOW we kill them and WHY we kill them.
    Last edited by mmoc40ef98ccdf; 2011-02-02 at 12:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lea View Post
    so in your point of view, africans have not the same rights as americans/europeans cause they are not that far in chemics and physics?
    People from Africa can and do learn physics. Can a dog?