Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by unkn0wnerr0r View Post
    Man I hate to tell you but everything on the internet isn't true. Sometimes there are things posted that are just lies. I'm not saying this is one, I don't know enough about peta to know. If I wanted to know though, I would go to more than one website. I would look up financial information about them etc.

I would start by looking at something like this:

http://www.peta.org/about/learn-abou...al-report.aspx

Then I would move on to Ingrid Newkirk, you should be able to find plenty of information about her. Then follow that with the other directors.

My point is that you should not base something on one internet page. If you feel strongly you should go find information. There is tons of it available by law for you to look at.
    http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP...16/acd.01.html
    http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...DG11DC9BK1.DTL
    http://www.newsweek.com/2008/04/27/p...uthanasia.html

Not sure how trustworthy those news outlets are but there are more internet pages.
    Not that is really care either way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    The idea that people shouldn't kill animals is absurd, because most animals survive off of killing other animals, and most large predators wouldn't take a second to think about killing you if you crossed their path. The Problem is HOW we kill them.
    If your problem is how you kill them, there are laws in many countries for "animal protection". Instead of giving animals any rights, they put obligations on humans to not cause unnecessary suffering to animals.

That Peta is a terrorist organisation is old news, and I mean VERY old news. They teach kids to make homemade frigging BOMBS to firebomb research facilities, hire excons and give them big wages. Takes in stray animals and kills them themselves. etc

And ALL of this and more is true, not from sum bullshit website. Just watch the Penn & Teller episode on Peta and prepare to hate no other organisation more in the world.

Peta is nothing but a terrorist group, stealing money from people.

Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    If your problem is how you kill them, there are laws in many countries for "animal protection". Instead of giving animals any rights, they put obligations on humans to not cause unnecessary suffering to animals.
    Those obligations kind of give the animals a right to not be caused unnecessary suffering by humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikaru View Post
    People from Africa can and do learn physics. Can a dog?
    Just because an animal is unable to learn chemistry or physics doesn't give you the right to torture or kill it fr that sole reason any more than it would to do the same to a person.
    Last edited by Twizzlers; 2011-02-02 at 12:10 PM.

They are such a worthless organisation. They spend most of their money of advertising, and most of them don't even get approved because they show naked girls fondling themselves with vegetables. How the hell is that supposed to convince me to eat more veges and no meat?

well why do you think they are 'making it look like they are good to animals and such.. to cover up that they are killing them/proffiting from it and such.. nothing else! most of the world works like this

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    I recently discovered this website http://www.petakillsanimals.com/, and it disturbed me. How has this gone unpunished? PETA is murdering thousands of animals each year, and supporting domestic terrorism in the united states. How can they claim to be an animal rights group when they themselves run a slaughterhouse? Then they give money to arsonists and encourage people to bomb universities?
    PETA has a budget of over 33 million USD a year. They spend almost none of this on animal care. It all goes to propaganda and advertising. Of all the Animals PETA received last year, they only found homes for 8. What, you ask, did they do with the hundred of others? Killed them. Every last one, dead. Every single cat and dog, put down and frozen, all so PETA can spend a few extra dollars on billboards in time square.
    These people deserve to be wiped from the face of the Earth. However, there is a less extreme effort being undertaken to bring the bastards down. On the website, there is a petition to remove PETA's tax exempt status. Check it out if you have the time.

To put this in perspective, the ASPCA, an organization with a mere fraction of PETA's annual budget, is able to find homes for over 90% of its thousands of Animals. PETA, on the other hand, kills 97% or more of the animals it receives. They also harass and sue schools, hospitals, and churches. They are criminals. They are domestic terrorists. And they need to be stopped.
    just askin but: isnt PETA fighting for animal rights and not rehousing animals?

no, but a dog has different qualities.. it spends you love, protects you from dangerous situations and seriously no "creature" is as loyal as a dog ! why do u guys always focus on intelligence when there are soooo many other important things in the world. its just sad how stupid we humans really are !

Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    Because our very survival depends on taking from animals one of the most important rights --- their LIFE.
    No it doesn't. You can live a perfectly normal life being a vegetarian. You may enjoy eating meat (I do too) but that doesn't mean your survival is dependant on it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    They are such a worthless organisation. They spend most of their money of advertising, and most of them don't even get approved because they show naked girls fondling themselves with vegetables. How the hell is that supposed to convince me to eat more veges and no meat?
    Exactly. You have a bigger possibilities of gaining a new fetish than turning into a vegetarian by watching those pictures.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twizzlers View Post
    Just because an animal is unable to learn chemistry or physics doesn't give you the right to torture or kill it fr that sole reason any more than it would to do the same to a person.
    Where did I say anything remotely like that?

Where did I say anything remotely like that?
    Then what was the point of asking if a dog can learn physics? If it has nothing to do with the rights animals have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twizzlers View Post
    Then what was the point of asking if a dog can learn physics? If it has nothing to do with the rights animals have.
    Dog =/= Human

Just because I don't view humans and dogs as equals, doesn't mean I endorse beating the sh*t out of dog for the hell of it. Stop being such a drama queen and putting words in my mouth.

If someone hits a dog by accident with their car, I don't think they should receive the same punishment as if they hit a person.

Don't ever judge me...

... that strange meat that you can never identify in chinese food is AWESOME!!!!!!

Deleted
    I'd prefer animal testing over thousands of people dying over a faulty batch of drugs or even cancer, think of the logical option.

So is it cool for me to go rape the blond chick in a coma? I mean, sure she's human, but she will never learn physics. She's pretty much a vegetable.

It's very simple to work out what is good and bad.

You avoid any group/person/political party/food/clothing/accessory/entertainment/etc that is endorsed by a celebrity.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by unkn0wnerr0r View Post
    So is it cool for me to go rape the blond chick in a coma? I mean, sure she's human, but she will never learn physics. She's pretty much a vegetable.
    what? so it's cool if you rape dogs lmao? that point is flawed in so many ways.

Dog =/= Human

If someone hits a dog by accident with their car, I don't think they should receive the same punishment as if they hit a person.
    I never said dogs were humans or even equal to humans. I just said they are no less entitled than we are to basic rights and having those rights protected. And an accident is an accident. I don't think you should be punished for hitting an animal or a person if you lose control of your car and accidentally kill or injure anything. Not everybody lives in the U.S. where everybody's first reaction is to sue (as that's the only punishment involved for hitting somebody accidentally, as long as no other crime was committed). You'd probably get sued for running over somebody's dog too, though. That has nothing to with rights, just the american mindset to sue.