Deleted

The Best Demo Lock Rotation ?

What's the best rotation for a demo lock in 85 dungeons? I seem to be lacking DPS and the only cause I can find is my rotation

Deleted
    You don't really use a rotation, you use a priority list. Or something.

But for trashmobs you should normally us CoE, HoG --> Felstorm + Shadowflame --> Hellfire. If you have just one mob: CoE, Soul Fire, HoG, Immolate, Corruption, CoD (if the fight is longer than 15 seconds) SB-filler....

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    What's the best rotation for a demo lock in 85 dungeons? I seem to be lacking DPS and the only cause I can find is my rotation
    You don't use a rotation. You use a priority system. You're going to be a monumental failure if you try to use a rotation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Volviga View Post
    You don't really use a rotation, you use a priority list. Or something.

But for trashmobs you should normally us CoE, HoG --> Felstorm + Shadowflame --> Hellfire. If you have just one mob: CoE, Soul Fire, HoG, Immolate, Corruption, CoD (if the fight is longer than 15 seconds) SB-filler....
    Hmm been doing this

Yeah it really is a priority thing, based on procs and cds. Dps shouldn't be a problem at all for demo locks, I hit 85 on mine like 4 days ago and am pulling like 12-13k single target in heroics.

For boss fights I basically do... Meta - Demon Soul - Soulburn - Soul Fire - Immo - HoG - BoD - Corr... that's your basic setup. From there you are spamming SB unless Molten Core procs - x3 Incinerate - Make sure you keep Imp. Soul Fire up, even if you have to hard cast it. Use HoG soon as it's off cd to refresh Immo. and keep BoD and Corr up as much as possible. Try and use Meta and Demon Soul together, even if you have to wait a few seconds to line up the cds. Decimate means SF spam instead of SB. If i'm using the felguard i'll be sure to use felstorm whenever it's not on cd.

On trash I'm pretty lazy and don't bother with Meta/DS unless the group gets in trouble, and the rotation varies depending on how many mobs, what type, etc. I tend to stay out at range and skip the hellfire and such that you need to be in close range for, healers tend to not appreciate ranged dps taking cleave damage from being to close to mobs. But like I said, trash varies so much you really just have to get a feel for it.

Deleted
    I have made this video to visualize how the system works...hope that helps you http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=N3dVQ2NYmlA

10+ Year Old Account
    In heroics, following a raid boss style rotation on trash will gimp your dps, unless the rest of the damage dealers are bad.

I tend to quickly slap my instant dots and COE on the targets then use Hellfire.

Sometimes you get a 1 million HP mob that can be dps'ed like a boss.

EDIT: For nice big packs of squishy mobs (and this is why Demo locks are Kings of AoE): pop Meta, jump in, shadowflame, immo aura, hellfire and felstorm

You could also dot them up before you use demonic leap.