Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What made you start World of Warcraft. Rate the person above you

So i want to hear YOUR story what or who made you start World of Warcraft.

My story? I got the game as a christmas present from my parents back at vanilla when i told them to get some game for me, but i quess it was missunderstanding or they just ignored me when i was talking to them since i specificly told them not to get the damn WoW...
    Well i got it i tried it and got addicted.

Now tell us your story, doesnt matter how good or booring it is. And remember to rate

I wanted to kick Ilidan's ass. Since he always intrigued me. After I did that I had a big grin on my face aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalll day
    How did he die ?

His death was caused by pneumonia induced by daggers to the chest.Repeatedly.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowcharm View Post
    I wanted to kick Ilidan's ass. Since he always intrigued me. After I did that I had a big grin on my face aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalll day
    my friend got it from his uncle, i had played war3 for years so i was interested i tried at my friends home the next day i begged my mom all day to drive me to the nearest store(i was like 12 at that point) i bought and played the living shit out of it on my moms 512 mb ram 80gb computer.. needless to say it was laggy as fuck but i didnt care all i cared about was the fact that i could play wow since i was 12 then i started playing i would have been somewhere around 2005 i think and since then i have only had a like 14 day break from wow in late wotlk.

whoops sorry didnt mean to quote

I started playing back in 06', around my birthday in July. My friend got WoW for himself, but he couldn't play it on his computer, so I took it! Played for the next 5 months and stopped due to cash flow problems. >.>;
    Started again back in March 2010, and I have stopped again due to F - unsatisfaction.

EDIT: Rate the above dude a 7, cause his computer specs and age are close to my old ones. ^^
    Last edited by Asemco; 2011-02-02 at 11:51 AM.
    /end transmission

I have started WoW from my roommate who was playing WoW for 2 years one of the best priests in his server.
    For the Greater Good.
    www.allods.eu

10+ Year Old Account
    I have always been a huge van of WarCraft III and a friend of mine was playing WoW.

He would tell me stories about what he did and what happened in WoW and it all sounded really cool to me, but I still wasnt sure if i should play it or not. A few months later TBC was released and that was the ''trigger point'' About a month after TBC release i started leveling my Paladin and I am having a great time ever since!
    Faith Alone is Not Enough to Stop all the Enemies of the Light!
    - Retribution Paladin since 2007.

Burning Blade EU

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Jesus christ, I just agreed with Jaylock. I need to go and have a shower.

my mom sad i should find a hobby and take a brake from masterbating

Deleted
    I was lucky and got a beta key the rest is history

a friend of mine told me there was a free open beta of this new mmo and invited me to play with him.
    well, he didnt even buy the game when it was released, but i was pretty addicted for a long time.

I saw it in a Playstation 2 magazine (no, I'm not kidding, it was actually planned for being a PS2 online game), and I developed an interest in it as I had been playing a lot of Starcraft and tried Warcraft before that. Three days after the EU release, I started my first character, and I've been playing since then. Though WoW is losing it's touch to me, I'll always have the memories.

What's strange is that I actually didn't get Warcraft III and it's expansion until after I had played WoW for a while, as I was interested in the lore.

I played WC1 2 and 3 (although I hated 3) and SC1 + diablo 1 and 2 before I started WOW. I never even heard of it until my brother showed me it and I went and bought it right away .

15+ Year Old Account
    Some friends were casually playing it so I thought I'd try the 10 day trial.

Got hooked and bought the game.

15+ Year Old Account
    until 06 right b4 BC came out my brother started playing I was like what is that etc. Ironically my clan from CS people were already playing the game and I was bashing them for it. So, ya finally my resistance levels hit 0 and I started playing for 2 years straight like it was crack every chance I got. Now its on and off again.

My old BF used to play it and i mocked him for it a lot hehehe. Then one day he said *why don't you have a go?* So i made a nelf druid, laughed myself silly cos i couldnt work out how to use the camera angles and turn and other stuff, and got totally addicted in the process. Went and bought it next day, been here ever since
    Warriors in PvP are like small hyperactive children in a candy shop made of bouncy castle.

Deleted
    Used to play diablo 2 with a load of mates from school, when that lost it's appeal I played medal of honour and the original call of duty online. My clan at the time started playing this other game called wow and I mocked them heavily. Then my friend at school explained the ideas of horde vs alliance and that the eu release is next week; I bought it with him and played continuously since.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slashnox View Post
    my mom sad i should find a hobby and take a brake from masterbating
    That must have been a *fun* conversation
    Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    Why strive to be excellent, when being just mediocre still kills the boss?

I was getting burned out of Everquest, didn't have time to raid 12 hours a day with my new job so I was waiting for either Starwars, FF11 or WoW to take its place. Well SW and FF11 came out first, I got bored with them after a week, wow came out and well, here I am.

Deleted
    I was a really stubborn and ignorant kid that was running around on weekends drinking and shit like that, at a very low age. i got into a drunken fight with a guy and that got me into some trouble irl so i had to stay inside for a while.

I mostly played Counter Strike and watched movies and series but after a while i got tired when my cs mates always went to play wow.

Now here I am, + 40 kilos with 9 80+ chars That's my story

I started 3 or 4 months after the game released. Had friends who kept telling me to try it. I had never found and online game I liked. Had tried Everquest and Ultima online and just couldn't get into them. I tried it at their house and it seemed initially intriquing so I got it.