Best Tol Barad trinket for prot pallies?

Today is the day I hit exalted with Hellscream's Reach.

What should I buy? I'm leaning toward the mirror at the moment.

The strength proc?
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=62464

OR

The elemental resistance proc?
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=62466

While agility isn't so desirable it's not useless so I will include this one as well.
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=62463
    Last edited by LonestarHero; 2011-02-02 at 09:01 PM.

... why are you using in-game script links?
    Just link to the wowhead page.

I'd go with the resistance one anyway, the amount of parry/dodge you would gain from the str/agility is negligible.
    Might be hard to put the combination of mastery (physical/melee mitigation stat) and resistances (magic mitigation stat) to good use, though.

How do I get the tooltip to show in my links?

I use the stre version although the resist one would be good for nef. People often forget the stre provides close to 1.5% parry.

I went with the resistance trink first, then I got the agility one. I picked the agility because 75% of the stat translates to dodge (or so i've been told).

10+ Year Old Account
    I went with Stg one myself. I chose this because I also like to do Ret as my OS. So I shot 2 birds with one stone basically. Its soon to be replaced once the trink drops off Magmaw for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwain View Post
    I went with the resistance trink first, then I got the agility one. I picked the agility because 75% of the stat translates to dodge (or so i've been told).
    How much dodge do you get may I ask?

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do you guys think it would be a waste to have two mastery trinkets? If you gem hybrid gems with stam/dodge or stam/mastery.

the Mirror of Broken Images is the best, getting 1.76% parry or 3.84% dodge for 20 secs every 2mins is worthless compared to 400 resistance every minute for 10secs. Also the cooldown and the amount of time it lasts is same with our Divine Protection so I macro them together and pop them when I'm taking dmg.

The mastery trinket is, without a doubt, the best trinket you can get from Hellscream's Reach. Alot of the damage ingame at the moment is spelldamage, and mostly it comes in bursts, and when the trinket brings you up to around 45% (with aura) on a 1 minute cooldown, there shouldn't be much confusion about which one to pick.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    The mirror was the first thing I bought and it made Nefarian a good deal easier on the healers during the shocks, like its been stated tons of magic damage in that fight and in general this tier, the mirror along with glyphed 40% magic reduction provides 2 great magic CDs for the nefarian fight if you stagger them. That teamed up with a CD from your healer and you can reduce every single "Crackle" as we call them in my guild. Your healers will love you for it. Highly recommend for both tanks that fight to have one. The best part of the trinket is the static mastery and a magic reduction...best of both worlds in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanthem View Post
    I went with Stg one myself. I chose this because I also like to do Ret as my OS. So I shot 2 birds with one stone basically. Its soon to be replaced once the trink drops off Magmaw for me.
    That trinket is awful for ret because Ret does not need mastery...
    It's even worse for prot because prot doesn't need strength.

Either get the Agi one because you get a lot more dodge out of agi than parry out of str or the resistance one for fights with predictable and high magical damage.

---------- Post added 2011-02-03 at 12:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by tawney View Post
    I use the stre version although the resist one would be good for nef. People often forget the stre provides close to 1.5% parry.
    or just more than twice as much dodge from the agi one......