Thread: Alchemy

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Alchemy

I'm 500 something in Alchemy most likely maxing it tonight or tomorrow. So I'm wondering if any of you could provide me with some of the good ways to make money with maxed alchemy. My other profession is herbalism 450, if that matters.

Also, transmuting true gold is offered for 100-200g already on my server, so I wouldn't see this as much as a source of income, not to mention the 24-hour CD.

I'm on Aerie peak, which is pretty heavily populated (~50k auctions at any time), so competition is a bit tight aswell.
    PM me with any questions/concerns you may have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Try your hand at meta gems. If you have a JC friend you could maximize your gold making.

Sorry for the off topic, but 50k auctions is a lot. I see about 15 -16k here on gorefiend.

I use my transmute cooldown to transmute Volatile Life into Volatile Air, which sells fairly well on my server. Usually make around 350g profit daily if it doesn't proc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Transmute Life to Air every cooldown. It's a consistent 300-600g per day depending on procs and your prices. You can also try meta and gem transmutes, but they aren't profitable on my realm.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the replies.

Yep a lot of auctions, never under 40k from what I've seen with auctioneer. Life -> Air sounds great, infact I did that today and since I have a good bit of life stacked up already from farming herbalism, it makes it pure profit (volatile air - 28g)

any other suggestions appreciated

Luckily for me, both of my 85s have either Jewelcrafting or Alchemy. The synergy between the two is great and provides many ways of profit, such as making meta gems, transmuting blue gems etc. etc.
    Check out my expansion concept, World of Warcraft: Whispers of Madness
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Brittle Bones now has a 50% chance to turn the target into a purple-wearing supervillain.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Facerockker View Post
    Luckily for me, both of my 85s have either Jewelcrafting or Alchemy. The synergy between the two is great and provides many ways of profit, such as making meta gems, transmuting blue gems etc. etc.

Well my pally is 450 jc so should I fork out the gold to get him 525, if I do what ways do they together (to make gold.)?

sorry I'm not familar with the prof scene lol

Crafting flasks for income is your best bet at any time.

If you can you could try and gather mats for Vial of the Sands and selling that for some profit, given the craft fee is not to huge, or you could try farming for the recipe.

Many people want that mount still and will in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Arzanot View Post
    If you can you could try and gather mats for Vial of the Sands and selling that for some profit, given the craft fee is not to huge, or you could try farming for the recipe.
    I would advise against trying to farm the Vial of the Sands recipe if you place any value on your sanity.

Well, usually I farm the mats for the transmute (alchemy/eng here), and I buy just the pyrium bar from ah, and them, truegold on ah =x 700-900 g everyday if it doesn't proc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niente View Post
    Well, usually I farm the mats for the transmute (alchemy/eng here), and I buy just the pyrium bar from ah, and them, truegold on ah =x 700-900 g everyday if it doesn't proc.
    Ye, same as what I do with my herb/alch shammy. When truegold transmute does proc, whoop, 1500g profit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everywhere, no where, over there, in the air.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arzanot View Post
    Crafting flasks for income is your best bet at any time.

Many people want that mount still and will in the future.
    i believe 21k is quite huge

OT: Farm whiptail if possible, good money