Exclamation Audio Issue, Can't hear voices, just the sound/music

I don't know how this happened, but when I'm listening to music on youtube for example (happens on streams & skype as well), i only hear the music and sound effects, but i can't hear him/her singing, even thou he is.
    Yes i have tried to turn my volume up, gtfo.

This is with earphones only, i've tried like 20 diffrent ear-/headphnoes, even brand new ones, still nothing.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Edit: Actually i can hear some voices, but really quiet, and no turning the volume to max doesn't help, just makes the music so load!

To Simplyfi: Here's a video from RWJ
    http://www.youtube.com/user/raywilli...n?blend=1&ob=4
    Now when i listen to it, i only hear the sound effect in the beginning and the ''but'' sound effect, rest is silence
    Last edited by Slashnox; 2011-02-03 at 02:45 PM.

Deleted
    Some Sound Drivers have a 'karaoke' mode, which often reduces the frequency area where voice resides. Quite possible its activating for some reason when you use your headphones.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkXale View Post
    Some Sound Drivers have a 'karaoke' mode, which often reduces the frequency area where voice resides. Quite possible its activating for some reason when you use your headphones.
    Could... need... some... more... help... than... that. Appriciate your response, but i googled karaoke mode in headphones and how to turn it off etc, nothing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slashnox View Post
    Could... need... some... more... help... than... that. Appriciate your response, but i googled karaoke mode in headphones and how to turn it off etc, nothing.
    Can't provide more help than that since its very driver specific (and theres about a dozen different drivers for integrated soundcards). I don't have a current system with this feature, but one of my old laptops did. You in addition failed to specify even which operating system you are using.

You need to find the configuration program for your sound card. An alternative method may be (if you are using W7) to enter the "Playback Devices" area (right click the volume icon in the taskbar), right clicking your primary sound device - go to properties. Click the Sound Enhancements tab, then click to disable all enhancements.

Usually that'll block sound alterations made by drivers. Sometimes the karaoke mode may also be configurable there (and as such can be individually disabled there).
    Last edited by mmoca371db5304; 2011-02-03 at 02:57 PM.

Can't provide more help than that since its very driver specific (and theres about a dozen different drivers for integrated soundcards). I don't have a current system with this feature, but one of my old laptops did. You in addition failed to specify even which operating system you are using.

You need to find the configuration program for your sound card. An alternative method may be (if you are using W7) to enter the "Playback Devices" area (right click the volume icon in the taskbar), right clicking your primary sound device - go to properties. Click the Sound Enhancements tab, then click to disable all enhancements.

Usually that'll block sound alterations made by drivers. Sometimes the karaoke mode may also be configurable there (and as such can be individually disabled there).
    I am using W7, and i've tried messing in sound confuguration, nothing helps.

I'll keep ''trying to fix it'', but if someone has experienced it, would be helpful

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    When this problem happens you have any voice app (skype / ts / vent) running?
    If thats the case you might wanna check the last tab in your sound options and select that windows doesn't lower certain sounds when a voiceapp is running.
    This atleast solved it for a guildie of me
    "Great men do not seek power, they have power thrust upon them."
    "A leader is judged not by the length of his reign but by the decisions he makes."
    "If the tank dies, it's the healer's fault. If the healer dies, it's the tank's fault. If the DPS dies, it's their own fault."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slashnox View Post
    I am using W7, and i've tried messing in sound confuguration, nothing helps.
    Including disabling 'Sound Enhancements' like in this picture?:
    http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/5...properties.jpg

Note: Names WILL differ, but you should have an equivalent tab.

Including disabling 'Sound Enhancements' like in this picture?:
    http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/5...properties.jpg

Note: Names WILL differ, but you should have an equivalent tab.
    There is clearly no fix to this issue. Same problem, looked all over the net, no answers.

I found a fix for your issue (I believe). If your headset configuration is set to 5.1 in your audio driver settings, you will not hear voices etc. Make sure to set it to 2 speakers. As in "Stereo" or "Headphones". I have Realtek Audio Manager, and it worked like a charm.

Quote Originally Posted by Milfzor View Post
    I found a fix for your issue (I believe). If your headset configuration is set to 5.1 in your audio driver settings, you will not hear voices etc. Make sure to set it to 2 speakers. As in "Stereo" or "Headphones". I have Realtek Audio Manager, and it worked like a charm.
    When J use my headphones I change my sound to 2.1 iso 5.1 as most of the voices seem to go to the front middle channel which does not get played when using headphones so definatelly give this a look

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like the surroundsetting does not match the physical speaker setup. IE 2.1 speakers and 5.1 in driver.