Engineering Tinker Macro

Hey all,
    As an engineer, I am having trouble creating a macro for some of my gear that I have tinkered with. My gloves for example have the Synapse Springs on them, but I do not want to have to drag my gloves onto my action bars and have it as another button I need to worry about. Instead, I would like to create a macro to activate them with my 'on use' trinkets. I know a trinket macro would be '/cast 13' or whatever slot it is in, but the same concept does not seem to hold true with my gloves slot for a macro. That being said, if someone is able to help me out with a functioning macro so that I can use my engineering tinker on my gloves along with my 'on use' trinkets it would be highly appreciated. Thanks.
    Last edited by Scarth; 2011-02-03 at 02:51 PM.

/use name of gloves or the slot number
    /use 13, 14 or trinketname

15+ Year Old Account
    /use "Glove name" ignore the "" obviously. I think there is another way that you just use the actual spell by doing a /cast macro.

Deleted
    It is not /cast it is /use

/use 13
    /in 120 /s Tinker ready

(something like that)

Or it was
    /use slot 13
    But I cant remember nor am I able to go online at the moment and check my macros. google it wowwiki api site has the info you need.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarth View Post
    Hey all,
    As an engineer, I am having trouble creating a macro for some of my gear that I have tinkered with. My gloves for example have the Synapse Springs on them, but I do not want to have to drag my gloves onto my action bars and have it as another button I need to worry about. Instead, I would like to create a macro to activate them with my 'on use' trinkets. I know a trinket macro would be '/cast 13' or whatever slot it is in, but the same concept does not seem to hold true with my gloves slot for a macro. That being said, if someone is able to help me out with a functioning macro so that I can use my engineering tinker on my gloves along with my 'on use' trinkets it would be highly appreciated. Thanks.
    #showtooltip Lava Burst
    use 10
    /cast Lava Burst

This is what I do for my Synapse Springs.

Deleted
    /use 13, I think. The wow-wiki page has a small list with every slot and its corresponding number in the macro-help page.

/use 10

is the command for gloves.

Some trinkets activate a short cooldown on engineering tinkers, like the JC trinkets. This might be what is giving you trouble.

The cooldown on glove tinkers is short enough that I usually just macro them into my frequently cast spells so they are always on CD.

For example:

#showtooltip Lightning Bolt
    /run SetCVar("Sound_EnableSFX","0")
    /use 10
    /run SetCVar("Sound_EnableSFX","1")
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
    /Cast Lightning Bolt

Will use the gloves and cast LB. The extra stuff gets rid of the constant "not ready yet" errors and such since you are spamming the macro constantly.

Deleted
    /cast(works for me) "glove name"
    /cast trinket

ofc, it won't work because every on use effect shares a 20sec(i think) cd.
    Last edited by mmocffcb256aa5; 2011-02-03 at 02:58 PM.

#showtooltip trinket name
    /use trinket name
    /use gloves name

U can shift click on items get their names into macro.
    Last edited by lawomous; 2011-02-03 at 05:40 PM.
    Night Elf till I die
    Everything else is second best

Great, thanks all.