Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Only 1 new class in 6 years? Why?

New races are cool but the classes are still the same. When wotlk came out the first thing I did was make a DK and level it to 80. I had already played every other class extensively by then. I was excited about goblins and I levelled a goblin mage from 1-85 but its still a mage. I also wasnt subscribed for half of wotlk so I shouldnt be surprised that im super bored with WoW right now.
    Last edited by Ghier; 2011-02-03 at 03:13 PM.

burning = new race wotlk = new class cata = new race. soo.. mabye whatever we get of new x-pack will give new class?
    Last edited by manofmagic; 2011-02-03 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghier View Post
    New races are cool but the classes are still the same. When wotlk came out the first thing I did was make a DK and level it to 80. I had already played every other class extensively by then. I was excited about goblins and I levelled a goblin mage from 1-85 but its still a mage. I also wasnt subscribed for half of wotlk so I shouldnt be surprised that im super bored with WoW right now.
    You already have 10 classes, you only played 2?!?!?
    Balancing DKs took the entire expansion, and balancing 10 classes is no child's play, more classes would just turn things worse.

Maybe before complaining on how bored you are and blaming on lack of classes you should level another or just stop playing at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oradraffe View Post
    MoP is not happening i can promise that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tric619 View Post
    Been playing since week 1 and still believe Mop is the next expac? >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Feyrzhuk View Post
    MoP will never be a WoW expansion. Feel free to flame and ridicule me should I be proven wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    because its to hard to make 50 different unique classes and balacing them.

Deleted
    Fine by me, i just play a rogue for 5 years now!

There are no niches that need to be filled.

There are a lot of reasons. One is balance. I wasn't around for WotLK, but I've heard the stories about how long it took to get DKs in line.

Another reason is what archetypes are needed in the game. Currently we need more tanks, which was the goal with making Death Knights. Well... almost 3 years later and we still have a tank shortage. Releasing another tank class would be kind of weird, and releasing another DPS class would only hurt the problem. They could release another healer, but what we have at present currently feels really good (ie: One healer of each armor-type).

There are lots of ways to improve the game without adding new classes. I'd be more in favor of offering additional character customization than adding new classes.

New content is important for an expansion. Having that new character content specifically be a class is less important. A class should only be added if it fills a needed role and doesn't overcomplicate balance. DKs did the former and shot wide on the latter, taking pretty much the entire xpac to find their sweet spot.

Implementing a new class forces blizz to rework all the classes majorly to create as much balance as possible in terms of raiding and pvp.
    For them to add new classes every expansion would become a total balancing nightmare for them and could make the gameplay for us more miserable.

it's hard to find new niches for new classes and adding a new class brings with it 3 specs the need to be balanced against the now 30 current specs.

Quote Originally Posted by esmifra View Post
    You already have 10 classes, you only played 2?!?!?
    Balancing DKs took the entire expansion, and balancing 10 classes is no child's play, more classes would just turn things worse.

Maybe before complaining on how bored you are and blaming on lack of classes you should level another or just stop playing at all.
    If youre going to take the time to reply you could at least read my whole post. Its not even that long.

I have 0 sympathy for blizzard as far as balancing goes. They are the most capable of doing more because they have the most resources. Asheron's Call still has content patches every month and the player base is practically nothing now.

If youre going to take the time to reply you could at least read my whole post. Its not even that long.

I have 0 sympathy for blizzard as far as balancing goes. They are the most capable of doing more because they have the most resources. Asheron's Call still has content patches every month and the player base is practically nothing now.
    If that game is so much better, go and play it instead of making a qq post.
    If it has a content patch every month you should look at how many bugs etc it has.

I was wondering how long it would take for an <insert meaningless dead/dying MMO here> comparison in this thread.

So what, your justification for a new class is "because."

Just because they can add something, doesn't mean that they should.

I have 0 sympathy for blizzard as far as balancing goes. They are the most capable of doing more because they have the most resources.
    I heard throwing money at problems solves them 100% of the time.

Bring on the bards!

Deleted
    Why you're all bound to the current gameplay? New classes can be anything other than dps/healers/tanks.

There's no really reason that every class must be capable of everything, every profession, every role. There's no really reason that everyone is able to achieve whatever in game just putting efforts.

Blizzard should put, instead, some class-based restrictions.

Why we can't have a crafter class? With an in-deep crafting system avalaible only to them? Many people would LOVE to become professional workers to improve business! Being a rich and famous Tailorer doesn't mean only having a Cloak boost enchant.
    Why we can't have an Artist class? We have talked alot of Bards, everyone getting mad yelling about "omg we already got buffer classes". In Ultima Online Musicianship were basically the most beauty and enjoyful skill of the whole game.

For the 3D starter: at the moment, with the current gameplay system, new classes are useless. But adding some REALLY new content to the gameplay would be an epic blizz win, imho. Updating continuosly the same system is causing boredom.

No, I'm sure many people would not be interested in only being able to craft.

The amount and severity of class revamps blizzard did over those 6 years would suffice to create all classes of half of the MMOs on the market currently...
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonlapse View Post
    Another reason is what archetypes are needed in the game. Currently we need more tanks, which was the goal with making Death Knights. Well... almost 3 years later and we still have a tank shortage. Releasing another tank class would be kind of weird, and releasing another DPS class would only hurt the problem. They could release another healer, but what we have at present currently feels really good (ie: One healer of each armor-type).
    More tanking CLASSES will not help with PLAYERS not wanting to tank. Trust me, even if Blizzard would create 10 new tanking classes I still wouldn't play any of them. Besides, tank shortage is only present in 5mans. As far as raids go tanks get benched and switched around as often as DPS and healers are. You need 1-2 (rarely 3) tanks for 25man, 1-2 for 10man and 1 for 5man - that's 1:12,5 ratio in 25man compared to 5man's 1:5.

Because otherwise it would be

Only 5 new classes in 6 years? Why? I deserver AT LEAST 1 new class per year!
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?