Thread: Judging as Holy

10+ Year Old Account

Judging as Holy

I'm relatively new to Paladin healing and was looking for a little help in regards to creating a macro to judge more efficiently. I managed to get the syntax correct to judge if the target is hostile and to judge my target's target if I'm targeting a friendly player. However, my question is whether there is any way to prevent it from switching my target to the mob being judged. I am using the standard ui, no grid or clique or anything of that sort, and while I know using some such addon would work as well, I'm trying to find a solution that does not entail using a new addon. Thanks in advance for any help provided.

just add a /targetlasttarget

note the 2 T's and you should be good

Deleted
    Did u try making a "targetlasttarget" part after judging?

/targetlasttarget

Target the tank, hit "F" (or just target what you want to judge manually), Judge, target who you desire to heal. I don't find it terribly difficult to switch targets in the amount of time a GCD takes.

use clique and always target the boss

/cast [target=targettarget, harm] Judgement
    This ought to work. Don't even untarget your tank, press the macro and it should judge whatever your target is currently attacking (assuming you aren't targeting another healer, or something.

Use mouseovers or Clique to heal and keep the boss targeted for judgements. Its more efficient anyways.

You have to be careful with targettarget macros because you're putting faith in your current target not to be targeting the wrong thing. Next thing you know you might be breaking critical CC etc. Use Grid/Clique and target the boss yourself and judge from that position.

I suggest using mouseover macros and Clique. This allows for faster healing as you don't have to click the players frame before casting, and it allowes you to always keep target on the appropiate mob. Don't rely on other to always target the right mob.

Quote Originally Posted by Elessa View Post
    I suggest using mouseover macros and Clique. This allows for faster healing as you don't have to click the players frame before casting, and it allowes you to always keep target on the appropiate mob. Don't rely on other to always target the right mob.
    I don't like having to have my mouse be on the target I want to heal, more often then not I am juggling targeting multiple people, healing one while targeting another, or spamming heals on one while hovering mouse over my next target. To get around your issue of who your target is targeting, I always have "target of target" frame shown, so I know who exactly they are targeting.

I feel, like maybe more difficult, this style of healing is more versatile and gives you the ability to move your character, heal, and change targets simultaneously. Whereas click to heal requires the attention of you mouse to cast, eliminating it from other uses such as pretargetting and moving your character/camera.

But I think we are getting a little off topic =D

Quote Originally Posted by Muq View Post
    I don't like having to have my mouse be on the target I want to heal, more often then not I am juggling targeting multiple people, healing one while targeting another, or spamming heals on one while hovering mouse over my next target. To get around your issue of who your target is targeting, I always have "target of target" frame shown, so I know who exactly they are targeting.

I feel, like maybe more difficult, this style of healing is more versatile and gives you the ability to move your character, heal, and change targets simultaneously. Whereas click to heal requires the attention of you mouse to cast, eliminating it from other uses such as pretargetting and moving your character/camera.

But I think we are getting a little off topic =D
    I see your point. I have non-mouseovers binded to the same keys, escept with shift as a modifier. I use them when I need the mouse to turn or move quickly. Most of the time you can just strafe though.

Can't belive noone said anything about focus target, you can simply just put the boss on focus and make a focus macro for judgement on focus (if focus is up).
    I myself however dont have a problem with switching target when using judgement, I cast judgement normally and just switch back to healing, since you have global cooldown anyway.
    Mysteel - my armory