Deleted

Destruction rotation?

Hi there.

I've been trying some weeks now with my destruction lock and it seems in normal AND heroic dungeons that I get around 6.5k lowest and 7.5k highest dps. In heroic you should be pretty ashamed when you do that low dps. Now I've been searching around for some weeks now and still didnt find the thing I'm doing wrong. Now I'm wondering what the problem can be.

First ofcourse summon imp, fel armor, soul link.

My rotation is: Soulburn -> soulfire -> immolate -> chaosbolt -> corruption -> conflagrate -> incinerate -> incinerate -> incinerate. And ofcourse use when I can instant cast soulfire or incinerate.

My average item level is 333. I can't post my armory yet, so you can have a look on eu armory yourself just to check my gear and glyphs and talent trees and stuff .
    Might be handy to look at it if you're reading this!

Thanks in advance.

Blacklabelz.
    Last edited by mmocaa39263367; 2011-02-03 at 11:17 PM. Reason: Forgot to put link in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Read the stickies.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

Deleted
    Well, you're forgetting Bane of Doom. And I'd cast Conflag before casting Corruption. And don't forget Curse of Elements, and to have your Imp out. It's 20 - 25% of your damage.

Deleted
    You also need to get to melee range for shadowflame that provides more dmg than one incinerate atm, or that i have founded out in raids, that my dps went up when i started using shadowflame

Deleted
    So the rotation would be actually: CoE -> Soulburn -> Soulfire -> Bane of Doom -> Immolate -> Chaosbolt -> conflagrate -> 3x incinerate -> if possible shadowflame.

Bit like this? and let the corruption spell out of the rotation?

Deleted
    Coe(if needed(if oomkins,unholy DK's or other locks, then don't use))-soulburn-soulfire-bane of doom-immolate-corruption-chaos bolt-conflagrate-shadowflame(if possible)-incinerate until something comes from cd or needs to be refreshed. if fights that have mobs or secondary targets, use bane of havok to other mob/boss and keep bane of Doom on primary target

10+ Year Old Account
    CoE -> Bane of Doom -> corruption -> Soulburn -> SF -> immolate -> conflag -> chaos bolt -> Incinerate

Use Felflame to refresh immolate

imo conflag b4 chaos cuz the backdraft also reduces chaos bolt cast time and u want that puppy on CD asap and one GCD after makes a diff. Also recast soulfire with 2sec left of the buff to maintain it.

also on boss fights with adds use bane on havoc on boss when you are dpsing adds it helps alot. it makes me top charts on BoT bosses where adds are priority

Deleted
    at the moment until warlock tier 11 4-set is fixed fel flame is inferior compared to immolate for dps refreshing. and the idea is that chaosbolt has low casting time already and you want to use those 3x backdraft for incinerates for maximum dps output, since 3xincinerate>CB+2xinci with that backdraft in overall dmg/time

Quote Originally Posted by gnlogic View Post
    CoE -> Bane of Doom -> corruption -> Soulburn -> SF -> immolate -> conflag -> chaos bolt -> Incinerate

Use Felflame to refresh immolate

imo conflag b4 chaos cuz the backdraft also reduces chaos bolt cast time and u want that puppy on CD asap and one GCD after makes a diff. Also recast soulfire with 2sec left of the buff to maintain it.

also on boss fights with adds use bane on havoc on boss when you are dpsing adds it helps alot. it makes me top charts on BoT bosses where adds are priority
    Don't use Felflame to refresh immolate.

The best way to describe it is not a rotation but priorities:

Always keep the Improved Soulfire buff on yourself.
    Use conflag on CD
    make sure immolate never drops off
    Use Chaos bolt on CD
    Keep BoD up on bosses
    Use SF on CD
    make sure corruption doesn't drop off
    cast incinerate

In that order or so. Also remember that you should renew immolate when it has between 2-3.5 seconds left (ie: so it hits between 2-0 seconds left) and Corruption between 0-2 seconds left. Bane of Doom should fall off before you renew it.

If you do not have backdraft up for an incinerate cast, you can cast Shadowburn although it's not a huge issue. Focus on the above first.

Not included CoE as it's obvious that that needs to be up for anything that doesn't die in under 8 seconds or so.

Deleted
    For the opening, I would say Immo -> Corruption -> Conflagrate -> CB, between Immolate and conflagrate, there's 1sec before you can use conflagrate so corruption's GCD fills that pretty well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogmite View Post
    Don't use Felflame to refresh immolate.
    pretty sure that insta cast for less mana to avoid immolate falling off is a better option than re-casting immolate especially that the 4pc bonus will add 300% damage to it or even atm 100% crit

Deleted
    Such a messy post see what you started here Blacklabelz,

Also some (not all) info here is quite bad mate i would stick to the stickys. << If anyone who has posted is offended by this statement then sorry in advance, but if your offended you are admitting your info is the bad info in question and noone thinks that of themselves so everyone is happy still

Quote Originally Posted by gnlogic View Post
    pretty sure that insta cast for less mana to avoid immolate falling off is a better option than re-casting immolate especially that the 4pc bonus will add 300% damage to it or even atm 100% crit
    Please stop spreading misinformation. If you disagree with the stickied information, prove it with math.

I'll give you a very simple almost without making too advanced calculations and mostly just looking at the spell tooltip. The numbers I present you will be different than yours as the average damage in the tooltip take my spell power into consideration.
    Fel Flame - deals 3523 shadowflame damage and adds up to 6 seconds on immolate's duration.
    Immolate - deals 3926 fire damage and will fully refresh immolate to it's 15 second duration.

An average person should already see which one is better to use, but I'll present you some more calculations to show you how far from right you are.
    15seconds/6seconds = 2.5 - this is the amount of times you'll have to cast FF for every one immolate cast. Since their cast times are both equal to GCD, you spend 1.5 more GCDs with FF.
    In my current gear with ISF and DI haste buffs, my GCD is 1.13 seconds.
    1.5*1.13 seconds = 1.695 seconds - I'd spend about 1.7 seconds longer by casting FF.
    The damage I could have done in those 1.7 seconds with my lowest DPCT spell, Incinerate, is as follows:
    Incinerate - 8447 fire damage, 1.95 second cast time.
    1.695/1.95 = 0.869 - this is the amount of incinerates I would be able to fit in during that time.
    0.869*8447 = 7340

So what's the point of all this? This is the damage you'll do with each way of refreshing:
    Refreshing with Immolate: 7340 + 3926 = 11266
    Refreshing with FF: 2.5*3523 = 8808

Now please stop making assumptions and stick with the already gathered and easy to find (in the sticky, on the very top of the page of the warlock forum index!) information.
    Last edited by Khadjid; 2011-02-04 at 04:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Helps to actually read the stickies instead of simply copypastaing in them. Seriously, you may learn something.
    Eire - 50 Balance and Kinetic Combat Shadow, Master Zhar Lestin server. Ace guild

[QUOTE=Frogmite;10331124]Don't use Felflame to refresh immolate.

I agree, Felflame just adds six seconds to immolate, so I follow up immolate with felflame to give it another six seconds, 21 seconds total. my rotation is as follows. soulburn>soul fire>immolate>felflame>conflagrate>chaos bolt>incinerate until conflag or chaos bolt refreshes, and put immolate back on, and redo the rotation except the soul burn/soul fire. I usually pull low 9k on heroic dungeons, and about 12k on raid bosses. single target of course =D

EDIT: oh and dont forget about demon soul for higher crit chance on DoTs
    "Can you LOS people?"
    "Go stand behind that gnome and find out."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajuntapall View Post
    I agree, Felflame just adds six seconds to immolate, so I follow up immolate with felflame to give it another six seconds, 21 seconds total. my rotation is as follows. soulburn>soul fire>immolate>felflame>conflagrate>chaos bolt>incinerate until conflag or chaos bolt refreshes, and put immolate back on, and redo the rotation except the soul burn/soul fire. I usually pull low 9k on heroic dungeons, and about 12k on raid bosses. single target of course =D

EDIT: oh and dont forget about demon soul for higher crit chance on DoTs
    You're an idiot.

1) Immolate has a hard cap duration of no more than 15 seconds, depending on your haste (#ticks * tick duration). You can't make it last 21 seconds. You're wasting a GCD on what is at best adding 1.5 seconds to immolate - not even the duration of one tick. You might as well use it when immolate isn't up at all.

2) Don't use chaos bolt for backdraft procs.

3) Demon Soul change doesn't happen until 4.0.6, which isn't here yet. Right now its a damage modifier to destruction spell crits with cast time. Doesn't affect dots, nor their crit chance.
    Eire - 50 Balance and Kinetic Combat Shadow, Master Zhar Lestin server. Ace guild