Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

No I doubt its to the Dev's. Just the other week had a person in guild say that he was going to kill his mother for making him go to bed. His brother, being in the same guild reported him and said later that this wasnt just a joke that he has tried thing in the past. We have yet to see him online since then.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was threatened to be linched when I supported gay rights in a /trade conversation.
    The dude whispered me with my IP address, and told me he was coming.
    GM responded asap.
    Dude's gone. Been 2 years.
    I now use a proxy when I'm on my /trade toon.

You assume that the entire human race has a good head on their shoulders.

Big thanks to Safhira for my Signature!
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/llane/Gog…

I doubt the 12 year old who did it will pull through with it.

gaming is srs bznz.

edit: + they are dumb because blizzard have their address most likely.

You get the obsessed people in anything, these people are usually un-balanced. Writers get there fair share, hell steven king wrote a story on one (misery you dirty birdy). atleast they are reporting them to the fed's, they don't take these people lightly due to the fact that obsession is two steps away from serial killer (you hear that Calvin Klein giving people serial killer cologne/perfume).
    Last edited by soulmidget; 2011-02-04 at 04:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrickstarr View Post
    I was threatened to be linched when I supported gay rights in a /trade conversation.
    GM responded asap.
    Now that's some scary shit. Sorry you had to go through that. Kudos to blizz on their rapidness. That isn't funny, people need to be held accountable for their actions.

10+ Year Old Account
    wow, people are crazy, it's a game!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Amazing. You have nothing to do now that people who aren't you have cleared Ulduar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    PS: Pandas are awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrickstarr View Post
    GM responded asap.
    As far as I know and friends of mine I have just asked, and 2 of them work with this kinda of stuff. There is no way for them to get your IP address unless they have hacked Blizzard and were sitting in the logs...and that is HIGHLY unlikely. What happend is they prolly gave you the default router address and you have seen that got it mixed up. People in trade alone can not get your IP address

sad face for certain people. Games are srs bzns for some people, I assume.

I'd never send death threats, because it is just a game.

However, if I ever met the guy at Blizzard responsible for murlocs ... I think I'd slug him. Just one hard punch to the face ... while yelling WHARBLGARBLGARBLGARBLGARBL!!

Stood in the Fire masterdisaster's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linry View Post
    wow, people are crazy, it's a game!
    untill i find you and ki- i mean um... yeah just a game

Sadly, there are a few people out there that fail to realize that WoW indeed is just a game. To some people WoW is their life. Don't let WoW or any other game consume your life because lets face it guys this game is really just a bunch of pixels. Go outside and enjoy real life. I know I've seen or have be told about quite a few death threats thrown out while doing pug runs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ya1232 View Post
    As far as I know and friends of mine I have just asked, and 2 of them work with this kinda of stuff. There is no way for them to get your IP address unless they have hacked Blizzard and were sitting in the logs...and that is HIGHLY unlikely. What happend is they prolly gave you the default router address and you have seen that got it mixed up. People in trade alone can not get your IP address
    That's not entirely accurate.

If you visit a website posted in trade, ostensibly, if they (or someone they know) has access to the webserver logs of said website, they can find your IP address.

Granted, if others visit the link that you visited posted by a troll, they might not find your IP. But if few visit the URL (or if it is whispered to you), then there's a good chance they got it.
    Last edited by Atrea; 2011-02-04 at 04:49 AM.

Deleted
    Joke gone wrong probably..

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    That's not entirely accurate.

If you visit a website posted in trade, ostensibly, if they (or someone they know) has access to the webserver logs of said website, they can find your IP address.

Granted, if others visit the link that you visited posted by a troll, they might not find your IP. But if few visit the URL (or if it is whispered to you), then there's a good chance they got it.
    People are actually stupid enough to go to a website that they dont know posted on an MMO by someone they dont know?
    Never really thought there were people like that anymore....if so...honestly you deserver what happens to your computer, account and such =\

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a sad world we live in these days....
    "I do not concern myself with gods and spirits, either good or evil, nor do I serve any."

Quote Originally Posted by Goldrinn View Post
    But yeah, I'll give you Glwys' soul in exchange for answers, Boub!
    And that's how I lost my soul...

Deleted
    It is a shame really, like some people have said, individuals that threaten you in real life can be normally unbalanced, and generally give a bad name to the rest of the gaming world. However, Anonimity + Audience = online dickhead. I'm sure at least half of the people that might do this say it in the heat of the moment or to just scare someone. That doesn't make it acceptable though.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Finalwish View Post
    I doubt the 12 year old who did it will pull through with it.

gaming is srs bznz.

edit: + they are dumb because blizzard have their address most likely.
    Yes, they actually do, so the nerd raging kids who make death threats are screwed, probably mommy will take out their WoW, or they'll have to leave their basement (Seriously, what kind of tard makes death threats? Whenever I see it I can't believe people can be so stupid)