Thread: New Heroic Idea

New Heroic Idea

I can't say that I've this before, but I can believe many of you have though it...

Why not make heroics scale to player gear... if you're full 346/359 gear make the heroic hard for them, if you mingle around the 333/346 gear make them a little easier. Of course they would drop the same loot but the scaling would increase/decrease the difficulty so that heroics can be hard for the people who actually enjoy this game and the people who QQ because they don't know how to get gear do the "easy" heroics because it is most likely the only thing they can ever amount too.

I can't speak for anyone else but I was able to heal heroics perfectly fine when I hit 85. My first heroic was HoO and I did perfectly fine in 75% greens w/ PvP gear for padding.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by roflmao666 View Post
    I can't say that I've this before, but I can believe many of you have though it...

Why not make heroics scale to player gear... if you're full 346/359 gear make the heroic hard for them, if you mingle around the 333/346 gear make them a little easier. Of course they would drop the same loot but the scaling would increase/decrease the difficulty so that heroics can be hard for the people who actually enjoy this game and the people who QQ because they don't know how to get gear do the "easy" heroics because it is most likely the only thing they can ever amount too.

I can't speak for anyone else but I was able to heal heroics perfectly fine when I hit 85. My first heroic was HoO and I did perfectly fine in 75% greens w/ PvP gear for padding.
    I'll be straight with you, that is not such a good idea.

I know, that heroics can be a pain when not executed correctly. But the fact is: They are not hard at all. If you are a good healer, which it sounds like you are, then you won't encounter much problems since it's mainly the healers that run out of mana too fast, and tanks that won't wait for them 50% of the time.

It's fine as it is, plainly. If it was scaled down in difficulty, they would never learn at all. In which, then the term "Casual/hardcore" would be a possible fact, and it's already irritating enough to listen to all the time speaking of "Casuals". It is not a reality.

So, that said, people QQ'ing might want to check up on the stuff they are failing at, eventually just give back, train as much they can, learn thier class, back on the horse. Simple as that. But i understand the idea, not that, it would just not help, because 60% of the WoW comm is not playing all THAT much. So, it would end up in the players who plays a lot, have sickly long queues, and the queues is already totally screwed up. Doing that further, would make the LFD tool unused in the end, because all would take the pain to search in trade. Some already does.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a very simple answer.

When you raid 3 nights a week, and don't quite hit conquest cap, you don't want to sit in hour and a half long heroics to get your valor. You want it done as quickly as possible, especially if you've got 3 other 85 alts you also might want to do dailies on.

The reward for getting better gear, is that you scale with the current content. So in 5 patches time, heroics will be faceroll on your main, but still a slight challenge on someone in 333, and that's the idea.
    Digital Rumination
    Plays: Sylvanas EU - Fierae (Druid) | HotS | EVE | PUBG
    Played: Rift | Guild Wars 2 | SW:TOR | BF4 | Smite | LoL | Skyrim
    Ryzen 1920X - 32GB - 980Ti SLI - PCIE NVMe 1GB SSD - Enthoo Primo - Full WC - 4K

Quote Originally Posted by Silverstar View Post
    I'll be straight with you, that is not such a good idea.

I know, that heroics can be a pain when not executed correctly. But the fact is: They are not hard at all. If you are a good healer, which it sounds like you are, then you won't encounter much problems since it's mainly the healers that run out of mana too fast, and tanks that won't wait for them 50% of the time.

It's fine as it is, plainly. If it was scaled down in difficulty, they would never learn at all. In which, then the term "Casual/hardcore" would be a possible fact, and it's already irritating enough to listen to all the time speaking of "Casuals". It is not a reality.

So, that said, people QQ'ing might want to check up on the stuff they are failing at, eventually just give back, train as much they can, learn thier class, back on the horse. Simple as that. But i understand the idea, not that, it would just not help, because 60% of the WoW comm is not playing all THAT much. So, it would end up in the players who plays a lot, have sickly long queues, and the queues is already totally screwed up. Doing that further, would make the LFD tool unused in the end, because all would take the pain to search in trade. Some already does.
    Sorry, got caught up playing Bubble Tanks 3.

Anyway, my idea is not that they are hard, it's just I don't want to have to go through a heroic with some DPS who padded his gear and he only does 4k DPS, I want it to the point where I need a set amount in order to be able to get a boss down. So maybe not scale the difficulty of the heroic to the specific gear level of the group. But maybe scale the boss health to the point that if you have a super geared group you actually need like a minimum of x DPS to get the boss down or you will hit an enrage timer.

I'm just throwing up idea soup here at the moment, anyone is welcome to pitch in, in a way they see fit, I think if we got a solid idea down enough Blizzard might actually listen to us, the players, for a change instead of doing whatever they want by pissing people off with the complexity/simplicity of the content.

Deleted
    Nah, it would just make kicking even more of a requirement. When me and some guildies use LFG, we generally get horrible DPS. If the HC scaled to our gear, we would have a hard time finding any form of acceptable dps to play with. It would make queue times way longer and would force us to kick a lot more often than we do. If the HC scaled to the bad DPS players level, HCs would become even more faceroll than they already are.