Engineering viable again in 4.0.6?

Checked about three or four pages deep for posts and saw nothing, but I remember hearing with the change to the glove enchant that Engineering will be back on par with LW/JC/Alch/Enchanting again. Though I'm assuming that's only if you're capable of min/maxing the up time on the enchant, since at this point I probably won't get much, if any use out of the helm.

ya, it'll be the same as others, possibly more pending on class/spec and how you manage the use.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say its viable again

15+ Year Old Account
    Better than viable, it's flat out superior for most specs.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Wait, what? Don't know about other classes, but engineering is the best PvE profession for Mages after Tailoring. Engineering glove enchant averages to ~96 int, not 80 like all other professions.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LaplaceNoMa View Post
    Wait, what? Don't know about other classes, but engineering is the best PvE profession for Mages after Tailoring. Engineering glove enchant averages to ~96 int, not 80 like all other professions.
    I do believe that the tinker got nerfed to 10 second duration, putting it in line with the others.

Quote Originally Posted by LaplaceNoMa View Post
    Well until 4.0.6 there is no equivalent for non-intellect users, obviously the OP is talking about this.

Certainly for caster dps, tailoring is best, followed by engineering.

Deleted
    By "viable" so many people actually mean "OP like it used to be", It's completely viable now and I would like to see why you think it isn't.
    It's not very good for melee but that's being changed in 4.0.6 but for casters it is already flat out better than alot of other professions.